Jump to content
Tyler

A Crowning Achievement [Artifact]

Recommended Posts

"In air? All we need is a scout on the ground who will send us the exact coordinates. Oh also we could use fire." At the mention of the word fire, Holly's hand crept up to the sword usually strapped to her back, only to find the Oathblade no longer there. "If I still have Sunscar perhaps. Sadly, an army of short females does not sit well with Crowley."

Trailing after the Duchess' wake, Holly gestured her goons to follow. "My crew members are capable of seeing through darkness. We've picked up a lot of tricks during our campaigns in mainland Terrenus. We've been trained for missions like this."

"But it would be a good idea to send for reinforcements, claim the Uldwar's lands for your own."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I was not aware that House Sheathe conducted "campaigns" on the mainland," Abigail eyed Holly suspiciously.

While it was known that Holly was training her farmers for combat, it was another thing for Holly to claim experience in military operations in Terrenus. Who was this woman and what had she been up to before claiming ladyship over House Sheathe? 

"But I'll trust you in this instance; pick you best scout and we shall send them ahead. I will attempt to send a message back to Gold Harbor to request reinforcements, however; I have no intention of claiming Port Mars for my own. No doubt it would reflect poorly in front of the new government..." she trailed off and looked around at the city, "Plus it will take some significant investment to make this place profitable again. I will pass, for now."

They approached the airship, at which point Abigail motioned for one of the marines to run ahead.

"See if you can get that Norkotian radio working. I want it functioning by the time I board," she demanded.

The marine rushed up the gangplank and onto the ship. There was a large, portable radio that the Karradeens had brought on board back in Gold Harbor, but it had not been used, nor tested, from this range before. Even so, the marine managed to obtain a weak connection with the Karradeen airfield radio tower back on Corinth. Abigail left Holly to pick out her scout and send them ahead, while she herself went and began relaying a message to her servants back in the Karradeen estate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I was not aware that House Sheathe conducted "campaigns" on the mainland"

Holly shrugged at that. "That story is for another time. And perhaps another place."

Such a tale of course would be too long and mostly inappropriate to their current situation. And would be most likely dangerous for the Lady Sheathe to have her past life known to someone other than those closest to her. The repercussions would be terrible. Not that it mattered to her anyway. She's more or less over it.

"But I'll trust you in this instance; pick you best scout and we shall send them ahead. I will attempt to send a message back to Gold Harbor to request reinforcements, however; I have no intention of claiming Port Mars for my own. No doubt it would reflect poorly in front of the new government..."

Abby's words made Holly frown. "Not claiming Port Mars? Feels like a waste to me. Not that I'm interested either. Such stuff only reeks of politics and I try to stay away from them as much as possible."

When the Duchess left, Holly turned to her crew members. "You heard the Douche-ess," she spoke, her voice as neutral as possible. "I need Khakina on the ground, try to find the bugbears as quick as possible. Meanwhile, Teddy and Sera will be going with me back to the ship."

Her 'servants' all nodded their assent and with that, the trio are gone leaving Khaki all alone. The little girl eyed the retreating figures of her companions for a short time before a frustrated sigh escaped her lips then she disappeared into the darkness of the forest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After sending off the radio message, the airship took off, and they began to head to the north, away from the city and toward the few patches of jungle that had not been completely destroyed by the lava-flow during the eruptions some weeks prior. However it was that Khaki was able to maintain contact with Holly, Abigail could not say, nor did she question it. She only allowed Holly and her crew to do their thing as they were guided over the jungle.

The airship would ironically spot the camp before Khaki could, though Khaki was responsible at least for putting them in the right direction. The trails of smoke billowing over the treeline were a dead giveaway once they were spotted. This was soon joined by an orange glow emanating from the ground beneath the canopy. When Khaki finally got in position to peer into the camp, she'd find scores of bugbears all moving about to and fro. Despite the appearance that there had been some manner of feast at one point, the camp actually looked in disarray, and there was blood and bodies scattered about the ground. It appeared as though there had been some sort of massacre, as a number of the bodies looked human. But upon closer inspection, she'd realize that many were also bugbears, and there were piles of corpses from each race being formed a bit further into the camp.

Whatever happened here had been recent, within the last few hours to be sure. To one side of the camp, she would notice a young human male strapped to a wooden construct, with his shirt torn asunder and his back being brutally assaulted by a whip made of rope and bone. His screams could be heard over the rest of the sounds of the camp and the nighttime jungle. Why they were torturing him specifically was difficult to determine, though he appeared to be the only human left alive in the camp.

"You haven't even asked me any questions!" the young man screamed.

"Shaddup, human!" the torturer grunted, "No need to question. Know who behind this already. Will make them pay... but first... make you squeal!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...