The North Wind

Knocking on Heavens Door (private)

Noah sipped the tea, finding the flavor pleasant. 

"What you see before you is the product of a thousand years of continuous self-improvement. By a strange quirk of destiny, I am able to recall every previous life that I have lived in perfect detail. Through this, I have spent a millennia learning; medicine, biology, physics, engineering, anything and everything that I could. Recently I decided that my knowledge had taken me to the point where the cycle of death and rebirth was more hindrance than help."

He raised his hand and allowed the clothing and flesh to unravel briefly to show the android form underneath. 

"This body is a vessel of my own creation. One that will never tire, needs no sustenance, and will never grow weaker with age. With it, I will continue my journey to learn and experience all that I can."

The android raised the cup back to his lips, "But what about you? You speak as though you've met one like me before."

Nocturna

-

The Dragon Fury

Nocturna observed as Noah's robotic form was unveiled while impressive it wasn't something she was unfamiliar with. This technology, this ship, her very existence hinged on another like Noah. 

"I have met one such as yourself. Although his age may be vastly lower than your own."

She seemed to draw back into her mind as she recalled the fond memories of her loved one. But quickly sobered herself with a sip of tea.  She look again at Noah up and down. He was Indeed a gentleman but he was not the same one she craved to meet again.

"Alas I fear he is gone...for good this time."

She noticed her feelings were beginning to show a bit more than she anticipated. Quickly she stiffened her lip and retrieved a small flask from her pocket. Adding a strong smelling substance to her tea before quickly downing the surely nauseating cocktail. 

"Tell me little one, would one be able to reproduce your...physical structure? The technology is not lost I assume?"

Noah pretended not to notice the Dragon's emotions slipping through. It seemed like the polite thing to do. He did not know how to comfort her; even if he did know the kind of pain she was feeling. Over the centuries he'd had many families. Fathers, mothers, siblings, cousins. Never any spouses or children though. 

When the Dragon asked her question, he looked down at his drink and frowned.

"With the proper resources, it would be possible to create another vessel like this one. But it is not my current mission. Currently I aim to experience and understand things vital to the human experience."

Edited by danzilla3

Nocturna

-

The Dragon Fury

With the possibility of creating a suitable vessel her friend her mind was put at ease. The level of technical and magical metallurgy was often sub optimal for her normal needs. However on very sparse occasions she was impressed with how advanced specific sciences had come.

But what were the chances of her finding such technology without any sort of contacts or the diplomatic ability to simply talk to most people. Furthermore if she asked Noah surely it would deviate him from his current mission.

She sat in silence lost in thought for a minute or two before finally speaking. 

"I have an offer then. I propose to help you along your journey of any experience you may be interested in as long as you help me reclaim something lost."

Her crimson eyes shone like embers framed by soot black hair as draconic intensity flowed with her words. 

She was unsure of any specific skills she could offer after all a warbeast has very few outside of well...war. But she was a dragon nonetheless and few could turn down that kind of offer.

The android continued to sip his tea as he considered the dragons offer. He knew the kind of power and knowledge such creatures possessed, so he did not doubt that she could do as she said. Still, he would be foolish to take her at her word. For what she was asking of him, he would need proof that she could do what she said. Noah drained his cup, and then turned his attention back to Nocturna.

"What kind of experiences can you offer me?"

Nocturna

-

The Dragon Fury

Noctura's brow furrowed. He planned to experience humanity yet takes direction from a dragon? Perhaps he was more lost than she first thought. She pondered a while longer. He mentioned that he had been born into a great many lifetimes. But this vessel seemed to house basic knowledge. Had this one yet had a childhood? Had it known love? Of a friend or lover? Had it known anything but base life? 

Setting her tea down she calmly got up from her seat and took him by the hand beckoning him deeper into the ship. She wished to show him something extraordinary. A dark room with pitch black walls and a lone sphere hovering in place at the cento of the room. Her holo display map of the stars. While currently unable to reach orbit this ship was equipped with a star map and one could shrink or expand this map to as far as one wished. This was her favorite place to think and she often had some of her best thoughts started in this room. 

Curiosity rising, Noah allowed the Dragon to take him deeper into her home. The room she led him to was lit only by a single sphere in the center of it; which he immediately scanned as soon as he set eyes on it. A star map? Intriguing. Now he came to realize that this vessel was not merely designed to traverse the water, but the stars themselves. Perhaps he could fix the ship given enough time. But that wasn't his current mission.

Noah looked at Nocturna, "Do you wish to show me something?"

Nocturna

-

The Dragon Fury

With a wave of her hand the door slowly closed with the release of pressure hissing into the darkness her eyes shining in the low light like that of a cats. Nocturna moved to the center of the room and activated the holomap small lights burst to life and whirred around them like many tiny firefly doing an eternal waltz of the cosmos. She sat against the curved wall bathed in the pale blue light, comfortably leaning back as the many stars and planets whizzed by. A small smile etched across her face.

Patting the area next to her she waited for Noah to come join her as she admired the familiar curiosity of a small droid.

The android sat beside the dragon and gazed upon the expanded star map. His scanners had been able to tell him what it was, but had not communicated the full majesty of what he would see when it was activated. When he looked over at his companion he found himself feeling the same stirring he'd felt earlier. Bathed in blue light, he could now fully see the curves and shape of her body. He still wasn't sure what he was feeling, and he turned away before she could catch him looking.

"Beautiful," he said.

Nocturna

-

The Dragon Fury

She had not been in this room for a what felt like an age. It was nice to relax and be able to feel like herself around another person. She couldn't quite understand what made her feel like this about the droid but she understood that he wasn't Break and yet...she felt at home.  

Looking to her new friend she moved slightly closer as she heard him say something was beautiful. She too often got lost in the beauty of the galaxy as she gazed into it. 

"When looking at the galaxy like this, even I feel small Noah. Does this inspire any sort of feeling in you little one?"

Noah thought for a moment.

"Curiosity. Inspiration. Perhaps even elation at the thought of something new to study and understand."

Once again his gaze turned to the dragon, and this time he seemed unable to take his eyes off her. She was as old as him, possibly even as wise. Being with her fulfilled a desire that he had not previously known he had. Something he did not understand caused him to speak up.

"I feel the same way when I look at you."

The words were spoken with no trace of self-consciousness or irony. Only the blunt honesty he always had.

Nocturna was taken aback by his forward approach. Looking at him with a surprised expression. She wasn't used to that kind of thing... But she liked it. Typically even males of her own species were terrified of her. Her face quickly changing to that of happiness. She would place her hand on his interlocking her fingers between his. The warmth of her breast rising with the beating of her heart. She had not felt like this in... well forever if not for the lack of light her face would be bright pink with blush.

Her nature was never one of tepidness she immediately pinned him to the wall with all the tenderness she could muster. Barely able to contain her excitement.

"Our lifespans are nigh eternal and my affections are not easily broken nor should be taken for some cheap trinket."

Nocturna could barely keep her form with the cocktail of emotions and hormones coursing through her body. Her body trembled with excitement waiting for his response.

Noah wasn't sure if he could have removed himself from the Dragons grasp, but he also wasn't sure he wanted to.  He was feeling so many sensations and emotions that he could hardly keep track of them all. The way she looked at him seemed to push his senses to the breaking point. His hands wandered down her back and to her hips, and then up her stomach without any conscious thought on his part. 

"You are the only person to make me feel this way in a thousand years," he murmured, "I look forward to learning more about this feeling with you."