AngryCacti

[Poll] Mobile vs Desktop

Mobile vs Desktop  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use to write your posts?

• Mobile
    • Desktop/laptop
    • Both

I’ve been wondering what other people use to write their posts. As a dedicated mobile user, I’ve become very familiar with the notes section of my phone and the Docs app. What do you use to write? What do you prefer? 

I write on my phone, I used to use Microsoft OneNote, but now I bought the iA writer app and I’m using it now. The monospace font pleases me. LOL.

OneNote has finicky  selection/copy & paste on mobile which I didn’t like. But what ultimately moved me away was the proprietary file format - OneNote files cannot be opened with anything else, while iA writer saves them as .txt files.

Edited by jaistlyn

16 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

I write on my phone, I used to use Microsoft OneNote, but now I bought the iA writer app and I’m using it now. The monospace font pleases me. LOL.

OneNote has finicky  selection/copy & paste on mobile which I didn’t like. But what ultimately moved me away was the propriety file format - OneNote files cannot be opened with anything else, while iA writer saves them as .txt files.

Do you format via markdown when in it?

4 minutes ago, supernal said:

Do you format via markdown when in it?

nope, because the val editor doesn't support markdown. I use the classic

[i][/i] for italics
[b][/b] for bold

and that's pretty much my styling. However, I do use "[//]: # Notes:" to note down stuff from other people's posts that I don't want to put in the actual post! Then when I'm done, I just export to HTML > Copy, and the notes will not be copied. 

Edited by jaistlyn
lol it processed my tags.

*hmmm* (true)

I use an editor with markdown and then parse it for italics and bold when I’m working in a word document. It isn’t seamless and wouldn’t work for someone just posting from phone like yourself. I was just noodling 

Edited by supernal

If I had the option, I'd use desktop since I could see it probably better. But I do like mobile, since I edit a lot and write posts on google docs and then copy and paste. 

Then do the bold and italics like Jaistlyn does. I don't use markdown cause don't know what it is nor the option. 

2 hours ago, Die Shize said:

Since the poll is lacking an option for "wood and crayon" I settled for desktop

My apologies for the shortsightedness of our staff in that regard. Changes in management have been made following your comment, and we can guarantee a “wood and crayon” option on our next poll.

I write exclusively on my desktop. The laptop I find a little hard to type on, and forget about using a phone. I might write a sentence or two on chat, but that's it.

I had a friend who I once wrote with who sometimes had to use her phone to post; when she used her phone, her posts were disappointingly short (she usually wrote long, satisfying posts) and had more grammatical errors than I cared to count. Knowing it'd be the same with me, I never pull out my phone to write. The thread won't disappear overnight, so it can wait till I sit my ass down in my computer chair.

1. A Mobile Device is strictly for PHONE Calls: it serves no other purpose to me.

2. Desktops are fully functional for a hacker like ME: I can cut, paste, edit as I like since I sit right NEXT to my ISP Device.

3. Office 2013-19 is the ONLY way I see fit so that I can post and edit; even if I have heavy Grammatical Errors, I can still edit as I go, while surfing the web, downloading my Anime Collection, Burning DVDS/CDS (Yes, my ANCIENT ass still uses writable MEDIA; a lot of MY Computer Clients don't even know what the FUCK Netflix IS)

4. If you catch me trying to post from my phone, SLAP the DAICHON out of me; I'm not about to ruin my already-BAD Eyesight.

5. the Horde Rules on WoW!!! Buwahahahahah

6. I still love  Raze!!! ^_^

Benny