Valushia

Battle-Proposal. A Call Out.

For those of you that have the inkling to test the depth of your character’s allotments in combat while also lending breath to some of your conceptual ideas, this is the perfect opportunity to relieve your itch.

I am new here, so my understanding of Valcure and its "culture" apart from what I've attempted to learn is fairly nascent, so pardon me in advance for any reprimands this post might warrant; as you may know, my desire in making this thread, however, is to create an open battle roleplay. For the gaiety of sport, and as aforementioned, conceptuality's sake, I am looking for one opposition to partake. The invite is to any, but the match will only consist of two participants ( including myself, of course ), and I will only be replying to whoever replies first. 

As the challenger, I have taken the liberty of the first post. 

Edited by Valushia

@amenities may enjoy this

@Die Shize would too if you do RM

Maybe @Fierach too

As a note to OP, the scribd article isn't all accessible unless you have an account (i don't). Let me suggest recreating the relevant content in the first post of your thread here so people can get all the info they need without context switching

Good luck!

Might I suggest also to kinda summarize a battle post in your challenge thread (such as “it was a sunny morning and the birds were out and Jack was wearing a helmet”).

There is a lot to read in your second post that might put a challenger off. I know because I write an INTENSE amount of words and it can hurt and I can also be your challenger.

27 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

Might I suggest also to kinda summarize a battle post in your challenge thread (such as “it was a sunny morning and the birds were out and Jack was wearing a helmet”).

There is a lot to read in your second post that might put a challenger off. I know because I write an INTENSE amount of words and it can hurt and I can also be your challenger.

Well, my initial incentive for creating this kind of battle-thread was to provide its combatants with a free and lofty exhibition of their character concepts, or whatever else have you. I understand that for some of you have characters with extensive abilities and powers, lores, backstories and the like; some of you may also have an itch for expressive verse and poeticism. This is an ample stadium to put all those things to the test.

So, for those "intense amount of words" you have in your arsenal, please, by all means, put them to use here; I'm here to read it. 

We're all roleplayers, so I'd hope we weren't put off by words. 

Edited by Valushia

4 minutes ago, Valushia said:

Well, my initial incentive for creating this kind of battle-thread was to provide its combatants with a free and lofty exhibition of their character concepts, or whatever else have you. I understand that for some of you have characters with extensive abilities and powers, lores, backstories and the like; some of you may also have an itch for expressive verse and poeticism. This is an ample stadium to put all those things to the test.

So, for those "intense amount of words" you have in your arsenal, please, by all means, put them to use here; I'm here to read it. 

We're all roleplayers, so I'd hope we weren't put off by words. 

It’s a paradox that boggles me. As verbose as my roleplay habits can be I’m generally far less concerned with anything besides combat in combat.

But your thread’s purpose makes more sense to me with your clarification. And I agree in general—words should not put writers off but pull them in!

Dauner: Sweet another combat RP thread but only this time i get to use my magic. Hip-hip hurray, let's cut the opponents down already

Me: *smacks Dauner on the head* Don't get over yourself. you're not here to kill but to test your strength

Dauner: But but but... ok i won't kill. i'll just content myself with cutting off their heads then.

Me: THAT'S STILL KILLING

Dauner: You're no fun. Anyway, i'm in.

1 minute ago, Dauner Light said:

Dauner: Sweet another combat RP thread but only this time i get to use my magic. Hip-hip hurray, let's cut the opponents down already

Me: *smacks Dauner on the head* Don't get over yourself. you're not here to kill but to test your strength

Dauner: But but but... ok i won't kill. i'll just content myself with cutting off their heads then.

Me: THAT'S STILL KILLING

Dauner: You're no fun. Anyway, i'm in.

You're free to post.