On 10/4/2019 at 6:23 PM, AngryCacti said:

“This would probably be a bad idea to drink, right?” I say half to myself. 

"Not a great idea to eat something smelling of ambrosia in this place. Could be poison. If we get desperate, maybe we can try it later, or find something to feed it to first to see if it's deadly. Speaking of, we should start thinking about where to find something to eat."

I lean heavily against the stony hip of the demoness, crossing my arms. She doesn't seem to mind.

On 10/4/2019 at 6:23 PM, AngryCacti said:

“You think they’re important?” I look back at Sophie and gesture and the group of statutes. “All of this? You were inside the cathedral, right? Did you see anything that looked suspiciously like a star shaped keyhole?”

"I mean, they are the central element in this courtyard, in pride of place between all the buildings. And maybe I've played one too many RPGs, but shiny metal objects held by statues in hero poses give me quest item vibes. I just wish their application was a bit less...escoteric. Like, I'd take a caveman's club over an unhelpful magic compass right now.

"If we can find a way to strike a spark, we could try to light the candle. Would be great if we could put it in the lantern, but that doesn't seem to be possible. I didn't see any star-shaped holes in the cathedral, either, but then again, I was a bit... preoccupied." My arms tighten over my chest and my eyes shift away.

"Haven't been to the clock tower, though. Did you see anything of interest at the butcher's?"

Edited by Beewolf
I'm just trying to channel my character's frustration. I know the objects are important to the narrative, don't worry. ;)

17 hours ago, Beewolf said:

"I mean, they are the central element in this courtyard, in pride of place between all the buildings. And maybe I've played one too many RPGs, but shiny metal objects held by statues in hero poses give me quest item vibes. I just wish their application was a bit less...escoteric. Like, I'd take a caveman's club over an unhelpful magic compass right now.

“RP-... nevermind.” My head was starting to hurt. I stop examining the statue with the candle to answer. “What would you even do with a club? If we’re wishing for something more helpful, I’d ask for a tank. Or a map.”

17 hours ago, Beewolf said:

Haven't been to the clock tower, though. Did you see anything of interest at the butcher's?"

I shake my head vehemently. “No, nope, definitely not.” I cross my arms and shoot a wary glance back at the shop. “We know what’s going on in the cathedral. I don’t want to know what going on in the butchers. That place is bad news. Also, I’d be careful of any meat you find around here.”

I put the items back with the statues. It would be hard to carry all of them and we could come back later if we found something. “The clock tower sounds like a good plan. It can’t be worse than anything else here...” 

On 10/5/2019 at 2:01 PM, AngryCacti said:

“What would you even do with a club? If we’re wishing for something more helpful, I’d ask for a tank. Or a map.”

"I'm just saying, something to hunt with and something to protect ourselves with would be nice. Honestly, anything." I try to picture a military-grade tank rolling underneath a sky shining with a smiley, crayon sun, and snort.

“We know what’s going on in the cathedral. I don’t want to know what going on in the butchers. That place is bad news. Also, I’d be careful of any meat you find around here.”

I put the items back with the statues. It would be hard to carry all of them and we could come back later if we found something. 

I'm quiet for a long time as Jack finishes his perusal and replaces the objects, dreading voicing the obvious. "Honestly, we might have to risk danger again at some point to get answers here, but we can try to feel the place out as much as possible before it comes to that. And if we are given the chance, arm ourselves with anything. I think the best we've going to get for now is found objects; something that we can fashion into a weapon.

"The butcher's shop might have knives, hooks, that sort of thing -- but we can worry about grabbing those if and when we get there." I shudder. But yeah, you're probably right about the meat. My money's on it being long pig, or something equally...." I trail of, shaking my head.

"The clock tower sounds like a good plan. It can’t be worse than anything else here...” 

On 10/5/2019 at 3:38 PM, Slime Mother said:

Inside are clocks,all out of sync and cogs controlling the clock above. a stairway leads up.

I keep the compass on me. I feel we're close to unraveling the mystery behind it, but I need to observe it a bit more for things to fall into place.

When we enter the tower, I gaze around at the mismatched time pieces with a sense of dysphoria. "I guess time is broken here, too. Maybe that's why we woke up looking like...this." I wave a hand between us to call attention to our scraggly, unkempt appearances. 

Edited by Beewolf
Sorry for the late-ish reply. Was my birthday yesterday.

upstairs is a lounge straight out of the great gatsby. deactivated people made of shiny metal and old clock parts stand around. THe tables are full of pearls,vases of flowers and bottles of alcohol.dented pocket watches hang from the light fixtures. A white wooden door stands unassisted in the middle

Edited by Slime Mother
No worries! Happy birthday!!

“Damn.” I whistle slowly in admiration. The room was a different type of disconcerting, but a least there wasn’t anything trying to kill us. “Some party. I feel underdressed.”

Carefully moving around the deactivated robot people, I try to open the door.

the wooden door opens to a Traditional Japanese garden. Geisha woman with long sashes and only a mouth are hiding behind trees and sculptures. the glass orbs in the pond floated among the waterlilies.Some had small beings curled inside. A huge Glass dome was off in the distance.THe whole area is surrounded by japanese maples  and wisteria 

I look around at the Japanese-style garden, feeling almost at peace for the first time during this entire ordeal. "Well, this is a nice change of pace for us." I hurredly glance around at the elaborately-dressed figures I can see peering at us from behind the statues and foliage. I grimace, hoping I haven't just jinxed us.

I creep towards a pond filled with water lillies and glass orbs, hoping to get a better look at what's inside them.

“Woah.” I walk inside the new dimension and marvel at our surroundings. “No kidding,” I respond. 

Sophie was busy looking in the pond, so I take a better look around the garden. I stay clear of the figures- better safe than sorry, though I was grateful for the apparent respite- and wander a little ways down the paths. I look to see if any of the sculptures or decorations matched with anything I saw earlier today. 

16 hours ago, Slime Mother said:

You cant really see inside,the glass too foggy...but it looks like it could open....

I tentatively reach forward and try to wipe the moisture from the glass to get a better look, but my fingers snag on an almost-hidden seam in the surface. Puzzled, I cautiously pry the capsule open.

18 hours ago, Beewolf said:

I tentatively reach forward and try to wipe the moisture from the glass to get a better look, but my fingers snag on an almost-hidden seam in the surface. Puzzled, I cautiously pry the capsule open.

as soon as you touch an orb,it blooms like a flower.Inside is a small glass doll,full of multicolored smoke. the pond's waters ripple.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:14 PM, AngryCacti said:

I look to see if any of the sculptures or decorations matched with anything I saw earlier today. 

Nope,it was all just tradtional stuff

Edited by Slime Mother

Seeing that the only path led to the dome and that there was nothing of interest in the garden’s decor, I turned around and walked back to Sophie. There’s some sort of activity in the pond and I quicken my stride. “Careful,” I warn, but the orb is already open. It seemed like everything we found only led to more questions.

2 hours ago, AngryCacti said:

“Careful,” I warn, but the orb is already open. It seemed like everything we found only led to more questions.

Noticing the disturbed surface of the water, I'm quick to step back from the edge and rejoin Jack. I squint to make out the kaleidoscope of colors swirling within the glass figure. "Well, I wonder if all the colors of the rainbow means the smoke has psychedelic properties." I snort.

I lean closer to Jack and whisper: "I'll be honest, I'm really tempted to grab and dash with it just to see what it can do. Maybe we could hurl it like a smoke bomb if we're cornered by anything nasty. But we can look around first and see if there is anything else worth check out here."

I pull the compass out of my pocket to gauge if it's willing to cooperate, given our new surroundings. I groan when I notice that the needle is still idly spinning. "It would be nice if we could find a more practical weapon, though. Or, hell, just a meaningful lead would be appreciated."