Malintzin

Into the Storm | (LTSA Act II Part I) | Port Kyros

When the Nautilus' off shore excursion came to an end and returned to the docks, the group departed to make their way towards the pitiful thing Jade liked to call a ship. Still, her pride disallowed her from calling the ship by its proper name, the Dodgy Dolphin. She opted for a more respectable name and with a grand sweeping gesture welcomed the rag tag group aboard the Stormcutter.

The ship has an plain, narrow hull and a raised quarterdeck carved with runes. It was no dinghy, but it certainly wasn't frigate material, either. She was durable and swift--though its technical position as a freighter didn't make it the fastest. It could fly, it could swim. It was good enough. The ship's chief mate was a ornery old hag who refused to give her name out of sheer paranoia. Everyone else that crossed paths with her called Tsu Niao. Jade suspected that Niao was paranoid because she was obsessive over legends of an obscure, sunken city--but Jade also reasoned the old woman probably lost her mind. Still, she was brilliant on the water and they were crotchety together.

"Sleep where you can find room. You're on your own for meals. I wasn't exactly planning for company. NIAO! COMPANY!" Somewhere from below deck was a colorful, muffled string of profanity. Jade lumbered to the torn cage she and the Dragon whelp wrestled over and up-righted it with some effort. She was still ill over losing all the fish and crab that were caught but at least it didn't smell as bad. Wages lost were wages lost and Jade wasn't about that.

She pointed to Leon, "You, get familiar with the cockpit. She's nothing fancy but you won't be stealin' her, either." Jade swept a hand over the part of her head that was buzzed and tangled through through the shoulder length of her hair and sighed.

What in hell had she gotten herself tangled up in?

Still, these folks knew important people--and assisting important people meant money, right?

Money meant a better ship than the sad anchovy they were stuck with. Still, she flew nicely, swam steadily and hadn't sank. Yet.

"Why are ya'll even doin' this?" She finally asked aloud. The adrenaline and terrible decision-making time was over. She didn't want to seem insensitive or anything; She got slavery and stuff--but she wondered what kind of difference this small, rag tag team was going to make?

"I know why I'm in--I'm just the transportation--but what's it to you guys?"

@Twitterpated @ODSTDRAGON @Trexasle @-Lilium-

"You, get familiar with the cockpit. She's nothing fancy but you won't be stealin' her, either."

“I’m going to stress it again, I didn’t steal your ship, I CRASHED it, Big Difference.” He stressed holding the bridge of his nose. He swore he’d never hear the end of it, it had taken him a while to remember what even happened, but he’s pretty sure that the temporary confiscation of her ship ended up with him having to crash it into something. The fact she kept going on about it, whilst funny originally, just meant he’d have to hear it forever now from her. Though to be frank, him attempting to make it sound better by claiming he merely CRASHED the ship, wasn’t exactly going to win her over either.

However he did take her words into heart, he was already familiarizing himself with the ship, seemed like a heavy Freighter transport, wasn’t going to get much Maneuverability. The Controls represented that, being a lot more straightforward than the common fighter craft that Leon was mostly known for flying. However, it was something he was familiar with and could easily fly himself if prepped. “I think I can fly this thing, don’t need to do that much of a one over, you flew one, ya flew em all.” He slid his hands into his pocket, took his guitar from off of it's back strap and parked himself into the captain’s chair. It was probably hers but what could he say, the lass knew comfort and he needed to park his ass somewhere so…here we are.

“For Me? Just kind of have to get around, a traveler like myself needs to keep himself fed, well…not just myself of course, I guess you could call me a mercenary, but…” He shrugged. He never thought that what he was, he spent most of his time traveling and playing for bands on his spare time, usually he just ran into the adventure until resources became low. “To sum it up, I got bills to pay and a family to feed, and I know only two things, being a soldier and playing badass music…Kind of have to put that weird skill set into something, yeah?” He took the time to grab his guitar, tuning it as he continued to speak. He gave the grew a brief smile, before finishing and given one clean strum. The sound of a standard tuned guitar rang throughout the transport. "I'm a bit too old of a dog to learn new tricks after all."

Edited by Trexasle

"Why are ya'll even doin' this?"

"Repayin' a debt."

That was his only swift, short handed reply about it. Truth was he was fulfilling a favor to his sister Raveena, keeping an eye on the young Knight to ensure his escape from this terrible place. A task he was prepared to carry out for better or worse. Jin remained silent for the moment, allowing at least another to speak before he chimed in. After all, he was the one that organized the event; and while he had already partially disclosed his reasonings prior, Jade wasn't around for that.

“For Me? Just kind of have to get around, a traveler like myself needs to keep himself fed, well…not just myself of course, I guess you could call me a mercenary, but…To sum it up, I got bills to pay and a family to feed, and I know only two things, being a soldier and playing badass music…Kind of have to put that weird skill set into something, yeah? I'm a bit too old of a dog to learn new tricks after all."

"This ol'dog learned a coupla' new tricks ova' th'last coupla' years. Then again, if I learnt'um good I wouldn'be her' na'would I?"

"I don't care what you think, you've changed Bishop. Either you gained something, lost something, or a bit of both...Whatever the case, it changed you. Like the lady said back on the Nautilis, good people are being subjected to terrible treatment and a terrible environment. I cannot sit by and watch innocents both captured and born into sufferage of a fate too grandiose for them."

He had no idea what to expect, only that nothing about any of this would be easy. Perhaps his plan to go off on his own was one of the most foolish he'd ever cooked up. Though he saw no other way given how limited their cast was to begin with. Leon was spear heading the entertainment, Jade was their driver so to speak, Bishop volunteered to play slave, and Jinsoku was playing master infiltrator without the experience to back it up. Not that he'd never done an infiltration job, just that he'd never done one completely alone or without someone else giving him directive. At least he'd told a few important folks to himself where he was going, what he was up to; James, Raven, and Rou.

@Malintzin @ODSTDRAGON @Trexasle @Narcissa

Tobais, had walked many circles and spoken with many people. This job was nothing special to him. Merely another challenge. He had the inevitable task of being the man up high. 

Sinking into the muck of the Genesian underground and once more pretending to be someone he wasn’t. Of course he had people to protect this time. 

Usually he’d grab a meat suit and infiltrate that way. But not this time combat and poisoning was a threat to be aware of. He had a whole new puppet body made, with a face under the mask for once.

When he joined the group you could hardly tell it was Tobais. He looked fit to be an emperor or a living god. Each movement slow deliberate and graceful. The only indication was the mask.

Softly he whispered to Jin. “Are we ready? It took grate effort and care to secure myself in the higher places of the alcove. I can’t afford to be late or not show.  I’ve of course taken every precaution I can. Just make sure not to draw to much attention. To me and the groups and this operation can not fail. But of course I can not speak for everyone’s survival.”

He didn’t look at Jin or give any indication he’d caught his eye. Making sure to give himself as much plausible deniability as possible.  

The spider had all his peices on the board now, and soon they would be taking apart a old fortress. Not an easy task.

"As ready as we're going to be."

Jinsoku reassured, anxious to embark finally so that the chances of losing more party members before the task even began was diminished. While Leon got acquainted with the ride he'd be piloting, Jinsoku remained available to his party; Otherwise he'd settle for meditation if his attention was otherwise unnecessary. Besides, he wouldn't be with them when they arrived, he'd have already left them to their respective jobs while he focused on his own. A task he wasn't certain of until he arrived and got to inspect the region first hand. Bishop on the other hand was up and about. Pacing around just for the sake of being nosy. The Russian Meta had flown on a myriad of ships before, but never one that appeared so normal and modern. Of course his mind kept referring back to Jade, though he made it a point to leave her be until the ship set sail and most if not all of their party seemed to be distracted otherwise. If he was going to die on this mission, he'd prefer to make sure that he abused the last chance he was given to do anything. Especially when it came to gaining the attention and touch of a woman. Come to think of it, Bishop couldn't recall ever having lay with a woman of her decent before. Finally, he recognized the regal looking dude as Tobias from the Nautilis. With a shit eating grin, he stalked up next to the guy and slapped a hand on his back.

"Looks lik'ya goin' all out playa playa! Once we on th'inside, jus' rememba' t'get me one o'them collars a'ight? Th'soona the betta'. Gotta know wha' I can do before I need t'do it ya' feel me?"

@Malintzin @ODSTDRAGON @Trexasle @Narcissa