Mickey Flash

Golden Reaper OOC

Hey everyone!  I'm tagging everyone in here who has shown interest in starting this thread with me.  I plan to wait until everyone has made their first post before making this a closed thread.  There are already quite a few in the thread, and to keep the momentum going instead of having a three day wait time before skipping to the next one in the posting order we will have a two day wait time.   This could change as we see how many stick with the thread.  

I started this off as an auction for artifacts found in a monastery, but the artifact we are going to be searching for isn't in the monastery.  Something will lead us on a journey to the artifact though.  Just wanted to make that clear.  Don't want to make it too easy.  :wink:

Your character can start anywhere you want.  He/she can start outside of town, in town, in the hotel, standing at the auction tent, or at the site of the monastery where it all started.  It's up to you.  Hopefully we will all be going on the journey together though.  

@ODSTDRAGON @princeben07 @danzilla3 @Thotification @Cheezeegriff @Voldemort @JackDoggo

I've already closed the interest check, and I think I can safely say this will be a closed thread too, unless everyone unanimously decides not to post.  :smile:

Just to cover everything, I'd like for questions to be placed here, as well as notices of AFV.  Please be courteous of the other RPers in the thread, and let us know before you decide to make big changes that could effect the direction the thread is going.  If you constantly skip your turn, don't communicate, and aren't courteous you will be kicked from the thread.  I will notify you in a PM.  

Now that the rules are out of the way, I'm a big fan of creative ideas.  Please share any you have with us so we can brainstorm how the story will be going.  It's been a while since I've been posting, and my life is super busy.  I know some of yours are too.  No pressure, or guilty feelz if you have to skip a turn.  Don't stress and have fun.  :smile:

1 hour ago, Cheezeegriff said:

Thanks Mickey. This is going to be fun!
Also, would you mind sharing your character sheet for Jo? I tried searching "Jo" but it didn't turn up many results.

I like the enthusiasm!  When other people are excited, it makes me more creative.  :smile:

Here ya go - 

Alright, it's been three days since someone has posted on the thread for the first post.  Thanks @Cheezeegriff for your eager participation.  

This is the only thread I'm going to be in on Val.  So I'm going to be showing this thread a little more attention than usual.  It's going to be my baby.  🍼 

Because it's been three days since anyone has decided to join the thread, I'm going to do two things.  The first is that I'm going to open back up the interest check.  The second is that I'm putting a time limit for the first posts.  There will be three days to post on this thread before I close the thread.  That's not too bad, right?  That makes six days that you've had to think up what you want to post and which character you want to use.  If posting in the next three days is going to be a problem just let us know in the OOC, or if it's personal PM me.  

I've had some others participate in a PM, and in Discord.  And I appreciate all the interest that's been shown, I really do.  If you can't post in the next three days because you're in too many threads, or life is too busy, no harm done.  I completely understand.  

@ODSTDRAGON @princeben07 @danzilla3 @Thotification @Voldemort @JackDoggo

49 minutes ago, Voldemort said:

I should be posting tomorrow. Just had a busy end of the week, got home from work around 8-9ish yesterday, and my second cousin died this morning so my writing mood is shot today.

I’m sorry for your loss.  It’s totally understandable not wanting to write at this time.  If you want to wait longer than the three days, I’m good with that.  

14 hours ago, princeben07 said:

I'll post up SOON. Dealing with depression issues right now...=(

benny

14 hours ago, Mickey Flash said:

Me too, dude.  Hopefully posting will give a creative outlet to look forward to, like it does me.  🙂

Dang. Seems common among RPers here. I've had bouts myself previously, though not right now thankfully. Just anxiety at the moment😬 😁