Mickey Flash

Golden Reaper OOC

3 hours ago, Cheezeegriff said:

Twists are fine, but I feel a bit retconned given that I said the auctioneer didn't sound keen to accept such a paltry amount as two gold coins. I didn't think three would be much better. I also said a (random NPC) merchant had already bid four, so a bid of three shouldn't have been enough.

Also where are you guys discussing story stuff? I'd like to be involved if I could be.

Feel free to skip me this round. I'm not sure I have anything to contribute. I don't want to be a trouble maker either, but it's worth saying I feel a bit demoralised that what I contributed to the RP might be changed or ignored by the very next person. Maybe I'm over reacting but feeling a bit emotional about it right now.

I wasn’t trying to ignore your post, just an honest mistake on my part.  When Voldemort posted the three gold coin bid I thought it was the latest and largest bid.  I didn’t think to take into account that he may have been writing himself in as the person bidding the three gold coins from your post.  Then after that another person bidding four coins.  Honestly, after reading posts I skim quickly over them a second time to refresh my mind on who posted what before I make a new response.  It’d been a week and a half in between your post and the one I made, so it wasn’t fresh in my mind.  Plus I had a migraine while making the post, from sinus/ear infection combo that lasted two weeks (still trying to get over it).  Not saying that all that is an excuse, but it might explain why I may have overlooked that detail in your post.

I consider Voldemort a friend, someone I chat with on a regular basis outside of Valucre.  We talk about many different things, and yes sometimes threads from Val come up.  We usually aren’t in threads together on Val, so I didn’t think anything about it.  But I can see how it may have looked like secret thread plans.  I have no problem with talking out big decisions before making a move that could effect all the characters, but I also love spontaneity.   Trying to tie in the skeletons with burning heads as something to do with the story seemed awesome to me, since it seemed we’re working together while making it up as we go along.  I’m sorry you’re upset about the changes, but I’m hoping you can collaborate with us as well.

I’ll be happy to go back and change my post to where the bidding is still going on, if you wish.  To me it doesn’t really matter who wins the bid as long as it’s someone in our party.  I would like to see our RPers helping protect the town too, since there are skeletons running amok and our characters each have special skills to fight them.  This could bring us all together and give us purpose to travel together as well. If we have someone in possession of the scroll we can say the skeletons crawled out of the ground from the monastery, drawn to the scroll they were given to guard.  It’ll show that the scroll isn’t just a piece of junk on sale at the auction, and that if creatures are protecting it then it must be valuable.

Your character would have much to contribute at this point, in my opinion.  He has “eyes” everywhere, and would know about the creatures causing trouble.  This is a chance for all of us to show our characters’ fighting skills, bond, show importance on the item beginning our journey, and be able to express more of our character’s personalities all at the same time.  I wasn’t too happy to see our group was splitting up in the first place, but this seems to be pulling us all back together.  

3 hours ago, Dauner Light said:

I thing it's Mickey and Voldemort that are doing the discussing. I'm just winging it

I’m good with discussing things and winging it.  But that’s what this OOC thread is for, so we can work out all the kinks and brainstorm ideas.  

I want to wait to get a response back from @Cheezeegriff before moving forward, because if they want me to change my post that’ll have to be done first.  I offered to change it a couple of days ago, and tomorrow it’ll be a week since I made the post, so I’m thinking if we don’t get a response by tomorrow we’ll try to keep moving.  I’ll try to be more open with my ideas in the OOC before posting, but I do like surprises.  I hope everyone is ok with that too.  

didn't really know what name the skeleton's would have called the artifact they were after so i just called it "The seal". Could change to maybe something more appropriate along the plot, idk

So it turns out I'm the dunderhead because Voldemort's character actually bid gold coins, whereas mine only bid silver. I suppose, at some auctions where there's lots of items to get through, this might legitimately happen. Sorry for the oversight everyone.

1 hour ago, Cheezeegriff said:

So it turns out I'm the dunderhead because Voldemort's character actually bid gold coins, whereas mine only bid silver. I suppose, at some auctions where there's lots of items to get through, this might legitimately happen. Sorry for the oversight everyone.

It no big deal. We all get misunderstandings