What we are doing is VOTING

This is honestly more for flair and not OOC politicking. I mean, I do prefer preserving “Terrenus”, but not so much that it offends me. 

I just think it’s interesting to have this going even if it goes nowhere. Then again supernal seems to not be necessarily against any name for his continent so who knows.

Right now though “Terrenus” is taking the lead. I’d like to set a voting deadline and observe the results IC. Maybe one vote really counts as one hundred votes in universe, given the ratio between site members and Terrans, but that’s just off the top of my head. I’m not familiar with these dynamics but I like to think.

Point the first - no more "terranus" typos

Point the second - Roen floated "fractal" and the more I stew on it the more I'm liking that for the name. The -al coronal (I think) has more of a crystal-tinkling quality to it that the fricative Fracture (lol) doesn't, which I like

I'm going to go on record and say that I'm not a huge fan of Fracture or fractal or fractured buttholes, so I would like to suggest a few alternatives for consideration which capture the spirit of your idea without being so literal:

Pandemonia (inspiration obvious)
Anomium (from Anomie
Anarchara (inspiration obvious)
Maldiscor (Mal=bad, discor(d))
Balaur (The multi-headed monster of evil in Romanian folklore, a metaphor for Terrenus's many disparate powers)

I picked terms that reflect with sadness on the concept of disunity because I feel the sort of scholar who would rename Terrenus IC would be someone unnerved by the breakdown of their society into factions and autonomous regions.

Going into the Romance themed nature of the languages right now I’m feeling something like Extraño (means “strange” or “weird” in Spanish)

I’m liking it a lot and now I don’t know if I can be stopped 

edit - which would make the natives Extrañeros (“foreigners” or “strangers”) which is funny but also cool? and convinces me more that this is my fate 

I absolutely won’t always be writing out the tilde 

Edited by supernal

18 minutes ago, supernal said:

Smart man. Don't make the mistake I made with Zühl, which I literally have to search out and copy/paste every type I want to type it...

Edited by Tyler

5 hours ago, supernal said:

Going into the Romance themed nature of the languages right now I’m feeling something like Extraño (means “strange” or “weird” in Spanish)

I’m liking it a lot and now I don’t know if I can be stopped 

edit - which would make the natives Extrañeros (“foreigners” or “strangers”) which is funny but also cool? and convinces me more that this is my fate 

Although it'll take a while to get used to, personally I don't mind Fracture. Namely because I can see a realistic progression IC from Terrenus to Fracture. With the civil war going on, lots of people would likely be talking about how the factions and military groups are fracturing the land. It would started out as Fractured Terrenus or smth and then eventually just drop the Terrenus. I for one am rather interested in all the possible variations of fractured Terrenus people will come up with lol

2 hours ago, Ataraxy said:

Although it'll take a while to get used to, personally I don't mind Fracture. Namely because I can see a realistic progression IC from Terrenus to Fracture. With the civil war going on, lots of people would likely be talking about how the factions and military groups are fracturing the land. It would started out as Fractured Terrenus or smth and then eventually just drop the Terrenus. I for one am rather interested in all the possible variations of fractured Terrenus people will come up with lol

I could see "Fracture" being a name more used for an event or a period of time. "The Fracture" or "The Fracturing" or something. Though "Fractured Terrenus" does sound pretty cool. 😁 Still, I have trouble seeing people just naturally gravitating into calling Terrenus "Fracture". Unless the Terran Government mandated it, which ironically, would mean only people under the jurisdiction of the nation of Terrenus would probably be ones to call the continent Terrenus by a different name. lol