Die Shize

Realm Events

Terrenus had a cold snap and Genesaris had a something something heat wave and together they gave birth to mooka-mookas.

I say we take notes if not votes on more ‘events’ that could pop up across the breadth of our great realms. Typically I mean the bigger landmasses, to cater to more PCs and ensure that they can continue traveling all over the place for their roleplay needs while still partaking directly or indirectly in these events.

I’ve only listed a couple of ones that have already occurred. Weather is fun. Plagues. Invasions. Civil wars. Let’s get wacky.

An event where everyone on the entire continent is turned into a child particular to their species’ biology and age regards. Mayor’s not available right now. He’s watching cartoons.

How about a breach in supernal’s black hole multiverse portal callzitwhat where Valucre is turned into a Star Wars setting for two weekends and a week in between. Jedi and Sith and lightsabers (Val is actually set up for this already and just doesn’t know it).

This is all just brainstorming and ideation right now. Have fun with it. Maybe realm leaders will take ideas and surprise us down the road. 

BON’FWAKA’DA

29 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

Terrenus had a cold snap and Genesaris had a something something heat wave and together they gave birth to mooka-mookas.

I say we take notes if not votes on more ‘events’ that could pop up across the breadth of our great realms. Typically I mean the bigger landmasses, to cater to more PCs and ensure that they can continue traveling all over the place for their roleplay needs while still partaking directly or indirectly in these events.

I’ve only listed a couple of ones that have already occurred. Weather is fun. Plagues. Invasions. Civil wars. Let’s get wacky.

An event where everyone on the entire continent is turned into a child particular to their species’ biology and age regards. Mayor’s not available right now. He’s watching cartoons.

How about a breach in supernal’s black hole multiverse portal callzitwhat where Valucre is turned into a Star Wars setting for two weekends and a week in between. Jedi and Sith and lightsabers (Val is actually set up for this already and just doesn’t know it).

This is all just brainstorming and ideation right now. Have fun with it. Maybe realm leaders will take ideas and surprise us down the road. 

BON’FWAKA’DA

A massive world-wide event where some alien snaps his fingers causing half the population to dis--

Erm... I'd be down for some weird weather. 😏

The child idea is pretty funny though. I'd be interested in stuff along those lines, except that I'm sure most people would ignore things like that. Otherwise I'd be like "Heck yeah, let's have everyone turn into a dinosaur for a week or something!", but not everyone appreciates wackiness the same as others....

25 minutes ago, Tyler said:

A massive world-wide event where some alien snaps his fingers causing half the population to dis--

Erm... I'd be down for some weird weather. 😏

The child idea is pretty funny though. I'd be interested in stuff along those lines, except that I'm sure most people would ignore things like that. Otherwise I'd be like "Heck yeah, let's have everyone turn into a dinosaur for a week or something!", but not everyone appreciates wackiness the same as others....

Where there’s a wack there’s a way.

23 hours ago, Die Shize said:

BON’FWAKA’DA

I imagine Terrenus with 2 weeks worth of star wars would essentially be For Honor in that May the 4th event, where every blade and weapon turns to a lightsaber.

Suffice to say I loved it, massive geek 😄 

This kind of idea is bloody brilliant! Especiaally with my organization having tasked with keeping tabs on said black hole (As I call it, CS-001), if anyone's gonna do this kind of event I would love to be in it!

2 minutes ago, Sanonymous said:

I imagine Terrenus with 2 weeks worth of star wars would essentially be For Honor in that May the 4th event, where every blade and weapon turns to a lightsaber.

Suffice to say I loved it, massive geek 😄 

They did that!? 

Dang, might have actually made that game worth playing again, at least for a couple weeks...

Anyway, wondering if my Arborgeddon idea wouldn't be an interesting concept for one of these massive events... 🤔😏

Edited by Tyler

13 minutes ago, Sanonymous said:

Image result for for honor may the 4th

Never has Orochi V Kensei looked ever more weebish and geekish than it's been then 😄 

Lol. Well, that would have been fun. Oh well, pretty sure I have that game uninstalled now. The only good part was the campaign (Apollyon ❤️), but multiplayer sucked, and this is from someone who played Mount & Blade Warband MP and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (completed all achievements in that game) for many years. 

But anyway, back to the point! 

@Die Shize Arborgeddon Event: Eco-terrorists try to turn everyone into trees/plants. Sounds like a perfect Terren event, aye? XD

Edited by Tyler

5 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Lol. Well, that would have been fun. Oh well, pretty sure I have that game uninstalled now. The only good part was the campaign (Apollyon ❤️), but multiplayer sucked, and this is from someone who played Mount & Blade Warband MP and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (completed all achievements in that game) for many years. 

But anyway, back to the point! 

@Die Shize Arborgeddon Event: Eco-terrorists try to turn everyone into trees/plants. Sounds like a perfect Terren event, aye? XD

Arborgeddon, like a garden arbor. Smart 😄 Sounds awesome to me!

Well, guys, you know what they say...if you want something to happen then make it happen!

Instead of waiting for the powers that be to drop an event, one idea is to give them a canonical or semi-canonical basis to do so.

Let’s keep the hypothetical wacky with this Star Wars idea. You do some roleplay build-up where something strange(r) is going on with the multiverse portal. One day some dude in black robes with an edgy persona comes out wielding a silver hilt that ignites a red blade. He calls himself Darth Darkus and claims he represents the Order of the Sith Lords.

Then later on some chick named Mistress Wy’kon-wufu comes out of the portal dressed in drab brown and white looking for Darth Darkus. She claims to be from the Jedi Order.

And time later more of these weirdos come out and some strange power starts meddling with the loci. The weirdos claim that this power is called the Force.

Eventually the board is set to where a ‘Star Wars’ event can kick off that turns the realm into a Star Wars-y setting that lasts like a week before the multiversal trans-dynamic spatial-disrupting balancer kicks everything back to normal.

JUST an idea to get the ball rolling, Jedi Sith robes or no.

I myself won't be starting anything until after the first of the year, but the idea of some sort of tree-hugging terrorists is something I've had dancing around in my head pretty much since I first joined Valucre (particularly after reading Terrenus/Gaian lore), so I might try to make it happen later. If anyone is game to collab on that, I'd be open for help. But after new years.

Also why do the Jedi have "Mistresses"?

Oh, that did just spur an idea though @Die Shize, you ever played any SWTOR?

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I myself won't be starting anything until after the first of the year, but the idea of some sort of tree-hugging terrorists is something I've had dancing around in my head pretty much since I first joined Valucre (particularly after reading Terrenus/Gaian lore), so I might try to make it happen later. If anyone is game to collab on that, I'd be open for help. But after new years.

Also why do the Jedi have "Mistresses"?

Oh, that did just spur an idea though @Die Shize, you ever played any SWTOR?

Regarding the Star Wars scenario, sarcasm was laced in my words if you couldn’t tell from the names, including “Mistress”. Though there may yet be truth in the spoof; is “master” restricted to male? If so then perhaps “mistress” is more accurate than Star Wars would have us believe...

Tree-hugging terrorists sounds fun. But same to you it’s something I’d collab on if someone else is already there to start it up.

I dallied in SWTOR but too little too late. Looks like something you need to spend more money on to get the most out of it and have friends who play it. I’m running empty on both fronts.

1 minute ago, Die Shize said:

I dallied in SWTOR but too little too late. Looks like something you need to spend more money on to get the most out of it and have friends who play it. I’m running empty on both fronts.

To be honest, I've played far more hours alone than with friends. 🤣 But rather than get into all that, I'll get to m original point. Did you ever reach The Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas? If you did, you'll know what I'm talking about... if not I'll just explain it anyway. Basically there's a thing there were spirits of dead Sith were "possessing" anyone who ventured in there for too long. So soldiers, slaves or low-ranking Sith would have their minds overthrown by dead Sith Lords from the past, most of whom weren't even really aware that they were dead, so they kept living as though they were still alive (and thought the bodies they were possessing were their own). 

A possible variation of that is the idea of something like you were saying with the dimensional mumbo-jumbo, but maybe as part of that, people could be finding their minds being shared with other people from the Star Wars galaxy or something. I guess this is sounding like a dumber idea the more I explain it, but kind of the idea that with things "merging" like that, you'd maybe have people kind of merging too. I dunno... probably a bad idea.

Sometimes you need to sound something out to know how dumb it is, right?

56 minutes ago, Tyler said:

To be honest, I've played far more hours alone than with friends. 🤣 But rather than get into all that, I'll get to m original point. Did you ever reach The Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas? If you did, you'll know what I'm talking about... if not I'll just explain it anyway. Basically there's a thing there were spirits of dead Sith were "possessing" anyone who ventured in there for too long. So soldiers, slaves or low-ranking Sith would have their minds overthrown by dead Sith Lords from the past, most of whom weren't even really aware that they were dead, so they kept living as though they were still alive (and thought the bodies they were possessing were their own). 

A possible variation of that is the idea of something like you were saying with the dimensional mumbo-jumbo, but maybe as part of that, people could be finding their minds being shared with other people from the Star Wars galaxy or something. I guess this is sounding like a dumber idea the more I explain it, but kind of the idea that with things "merging" like that, you'd maybe have people kind of merging too. I dunno... probably a bad idea.

Sometimes you need to sound something out to know how dumb it is, right?

Essentially any of our scenarios will all boil down to crossing Star Wars with Valucre. Since the ‘what’ is, therefore, already a dumb idea, the ‘how’ can be just as dumb if not dumber, so no worries there.

But dumb ideas can also be fun ideas. Been watching more anime lately so comparisons between it and other items are running rampant for me, and there is a lot of dumb things in even the best anime, but many of those dumb things help create fun things.

I know how silly it looks when these anime teens are cartwheeling across the clouds or having their faces pounded in without so much as a headache, and that’s before they even evolve into Super Saiyans, but it’s still fun.

Dumb is fun.

Sometimes.

Edited by Die Shize