danzilla3

Seafaring Scoundrels (Port Caelum Waters)

Mal had done plenty of thieving in his life.

Hell, some of his first scores had been taking the wallets of unwary citizens on the streets of Last Chance. From there he had progressed to knocking over convenience store, holding up banks, and one memorable occasion where he had hijacked an airship. Then he had joined the military, become a spy, and specialized in stealing secrets rather than material goods. Unfortunately, he had been good at his job, and had learned things that made him a liability to some people withing the upper echelons of the Fracture Government. 

All of that had spiraled out of control and eventually led to the present, where he found himself standing on the deck of The Wreck. The boat was an old fishing vessel that had been crudely converted into a warship. Well, "crudely," wasn't quite true. Aphelion's techs had given it plenty of upgrades while being careful to make it look like something a bunch of criminals might be able to throw together.

Today he was acting as the Captain of this vessel, and waiting for his first and second mates to arrive.

@Chappu @Thotification

This had to be the least amusing thing Saito had done since his release from maximum security and solitary confinement. Deep frown lines crossed his ebony skin whilst both feet kicked within the water. Saito was already there just keeping to himself at the back, hanging off the edge and quiet compared to the sound of the docks and people. 

A single radial bone blade spun through his fingers with haste. The double edged weapon hummed gently in the wind as it gleamed in the light. Why carry weapons when every bone in his body was the weapon. Hence the major housing and consumption of chakra on a daily basis of usage. 

Wrinkling his nose the First Mate rolled his shoulders gently before rising to his feet on the back of the boat. Sauntering over soundlessly he crouched behind the Captain to his left. “So.. What are we waiting for now..?”

ced84de1603372b8341c70c26721256f.jpgTEDIMIUS "TEDDY" CAEDERII

A pirate life? The woman once known as Tedimius greatly frowned at the thought. She had never viewed herself as one of those disgusting pirates that could have no idea what a clean bath is and are more prone to taking advantage of either sex one a regular basis. Prejudice aside, she is here on a job and she would make sure she accomplishes her task.

That said, this recent venture of hers is both interesting and disconcerting. She did not know how long the Fracture government would catch her but that too was a thrill in and of itself. If her new employer is as trustworthy as she thought they are, then there is no need for her to worry. For now, she would act her part. 

Scooting over towards the others, she gave each man a nod and spoke. "Second mate, reporting for duty."

Edited by Thotification

Mal grunted in answer to both of them, "Waiting for that."

On the horizon was a small merchant vessel, about twenty feet long and flying the colors of Port Caelum. The name of the ship was named The Lucky Gael, which Mal found amusing given what was about to happen to it. A manifest obtained with a few strategic bribes indicated that it was loaded with currency; both Genesarian and Terran. It was a simple target, the kind that a band or pirates like them would go after. Unfortunately, it was also rather heavily armed. A frontal assault would be suicide, so a more subtle approach would be needed.

He looked at his fist and second mate and asked, "Which of you is the better swimmer?"

“I am in my element here.. Listen up I am going to tell you the plan.” Saito said with ease as he reached into his pouch; retrieving a stack of paralytic poison laced  needles and about twelve black balls that he stacked slowly. Next came a small pile of tags with writing on them in his native tongue. Next he pulled out a wireless water proof set of communication gear for them all to talk. Placing one in each persons hand he pushed his into his ear. Next he pulled out only two breathing masks for under water breathing and to filter out the gas. 

“I will only say this once.. So listen closely to the details at hand. This mission will require two people off boat and you on board Captain. First I need you to open the bay doors below deck where the storage is. I know it works while docked on water for net fishing below deck. Lass, I do not know your name but you and I have a very important job. I will work in the water and you will infiltrate on deck. That’s where this needles come in play. They will paralyze the enemy and silence their vocal cords not lethal. These twelve balls are sleeping agents mixed to explode and knock anyone not wearing a mask out for a good while. So do not take this off it will help you breathe under water too. It triples as a disguise Incase people see you before they knock out. Now these tags I will place at the bottom of the boat. This rig is sturdy it will not sink before the people wake up. I will take out most of the watchers on deck with a few of these first.  If you need to use them below deck they blow up with black smoke so you’ll be covered.” Saito wrinkled his nose and chuckled lightly, he observed the girl and reserved his initial thoughts. “I hope your aim is great these needles are agile and very effective.”

Sliding over a handful he handed her six of the black gas bombs. After he handed them over he handed her a pouch and gestured to the mask that came next. 

“The pouch will keep the contents dry. Swim fast.” Saito said with a smirk, sliding the mask on it clicked together in the back and slowly stood up. Giving a thumbs up Saito stepped back into the water slipping below the surface. Now he would wait for the others to act.

When the lass had hoped into the water Saito pushed ahead of her. The water parted around him like a jet stream, if she were to follow in his wake she too would follow the current his chakra had created within the water. Their travel time would take well under five minutes to bridge the gap and draw up along side the ship. Cutting upward at a sharp angle he burst out of the water and latched on the the side of the boat. Tossing three sleeping bombs along the side the top of the ship blacked out from the gas and smoke. Thanks to the current breeze the smoke was carried off the back end of the ship and out to sea; but not before the people on deck and in the top rooms knocked out. Thus giving the lass some early free way to plan her advance.

@Thotification @danzilla3

Edited by Chappu

“I will only say this once.. So listen closely to the details at hand. This mission will require two people off boat and you on board Captain. First I need you to open the bay doors below deck where the storage is. I know it works while docked on water for net fishing below deck. Lass, I do not know your name but you and I have a very important job. I will work in the water and you will infiltrate on deck. That’s where this needles come in play. They will paralyze the enemy and silence their vocal cords not lethal. These twelve balls are sleeping agents mixed to explode and knock anyone not wearing a mask out for a good while. So do not take this off it will help you breathe under water too. It triples as a disguise in case people see you before they knock out. Now these tags I will place at the bottom of the boat. This rig is sturdy it will not sink before the people wake up. I will take out most of the watchers on deck with a few of these first.  If you need to use them below deck they blow up with black smoke so you’ll be covered.I hope your aim is great these needles are agile and very effective.”

Tedimius silently nodded and received the items the man gave. While they were mostly unnecessary, she still liked his thoughtfulness. In fact, she found it heartwarming. There are better ways to accomplish their task but seeing that the man had already though this far ahead, she decided to give it a go.

She was about to give her name to the man but he was gone. Shrugging at that, she braced herself for their task. Turning to the last remaining person on their ship, she gave the man another nod before jumping into the water herself. The water is just as wet as she had expect, but a bit too salter for comfort. Her swim was mostly uneventful and uncontested. She just found it comforting that they are in Genisarian waters. In these parts, she can actually do something unlike the lands of Fracture which greatly hamper her abilities.

It did not take long for her to reach their target and soon she was climbing up the side, her body camouflaging with the ship's hull. While the supernatural barely appealed to her tastes, she did find dabbling in them to be useful once in a while. Despite her general distaste, she did learn a bit of these supernatural stuff back in the past and it had served her well. Even now.

Mal frowned as Saito laid out his plan. He knew he was only marginally in charge of things as far as the other Aphelion members went, but he didn't like being dictated to. Part of that was no doubt due to his controlling tendencies. Following other peoples plans made him nervous. When he was in charge, any mistakes made were his own fault, and that was the way he liked it. But the shinobis plan was a sound one, so he nodded his assent, and went to his post.

The bridge of the The Wreck was a simple affair. There were stations for the pilot and the navigator, as well as a chair for the captain of the vessel. Sitting down, he pressed a button on the arm of the chair that would open the bay doors for Saito.

"I hope he knows what he's doing..."

While the sleeping gas flooded to top side of the boat. Saito continues his under water exploration. Sliding down the length of the boat he stopped about 3/4 from the stern and began placing a different set of tags along the keel. “Let me know when your past the guards and standing with the money.” Saito said with a nod, holding on to the keel he made a rectangle shape. 

With a few hand seals he created a clone which popped up out of the base of The Wreck. Slipping on deck the clone swiftly moved up to the microphone down below deck. “Captain I am in position just waiting on the second mate.” After the transmission was complete Saito’s clone hung up the microphone and sat at the top of the open space. 

Performing several more hand seals the clone waited as did Saito for the second mate to confirm her arrival.

Breaking her camouflage, the dark-skinned woman finally landed atop the deck. There were a few sailors moving to and fro but the woman was faster. Form her hands shot out the needles that the questionable person earlier handed to her. That said, she did have a good aim and soon the bodies began dropping. She was unsure if they needed these people alive or dead but she needed to make sure so she threw a heavy blanket of sleeping spells all over the unconscious people for good measure.

With that part accomplished, she took out her communication crystal and spoke, "The deck is clear. Moving forward."

While she waited for a reply, she recovered her nails and linked it to herself via her personal magic. Once attuned to her, she can now remotely control these needles and even see through them. Then she let the needles loose into the cabins, while she stayed hidden on the deck. The needles would move in auto-pilot until they find a nearby living thing and if they do, they shall respond accordingly.

It did not take long for her to reach the cargo hold. Once there, she spoke to her communication crystal one more time. "I've reached the cargo hold. Waiting for further instruction.

@danzilla3

Edited by Thotification

On 10/28/2019 at 9:08 AM, Chappu said:

“Captain I am in position just waiting on the second mate.”

"Understood."

Mal watched through a pair of binoculars as the away team went about their jobs. He couldn't see if Saito's bombs were doing their job on the people inside the ship, but he trusted they would work. Teddy's work was a different story. One by one, the deck crew went down until there was nobody left standing. Clean efficient work. Just the way he preferred his operations to go.

Upon hearing that Teddy had reached the cargo hold, Mal eased his ship through the water until it was right alongside the other vessel. Once he was in position, he would contact his comrades.

"Everyone's in position Saito. You are cleared to proceed."

It was amazing honestly, Saito was usually a solo worker a doer of mass havoc; and yet he was managing not to kill a soul. This would have to go down in the records when it comes to speed and aptitude for teamwork and timing. It was not that he was surprised by their abilities it was more the surprise that they let him make the plan in the first place. Gazing up from under the boat  he waited till he could physically see the other boat. Swimming back to the marked section he swiftly activated the tags. The floor of the boat glowed for several moments; once the light was gone the board tipped to the heaviest side flipping like a trap door. The currency rushed down into the water; Saito performed several more signs before the funnel flow to suck the wealth up and into their own vessel. The water bubbled as if it would boil before treasure washed over the edge with water filtering out. 

"Stand on the bottom half in a few seconds, this way we can get you out!" Saito commented as he watched the last bits of wealth flow up into the ship, his clone waited on stand by to press the button once everyone was on board.

@danzilla3 @Thotification