Arcane

Interest Check

So, I've been reading a lot of comics over the years. One of my favorite story lines is that of the Klyntar race, formally known as the symbiotes; as in Venom, Carnage, Riot, etc (just to drop a few known names to anyone not "Venom-Verse" savvy). Now of course I am not looking to start a Marvel based story line here, but i would like to introduce the existence of symbiotes into this realm of endless possibilities. I mean, we have vampires, werewolves, gods, deities, devils and celestials.. why not an ever evolving parasitic symbiote that can merge with its host on a cellular level. Each symbiote would it's own imaginative a abilities and weaknesses derived by its user (writer who chooses to RP with it). I'm still mulling over the idea myself and will update this with more to the idea as time goes on. I would also like it, if anyone is interested, to see others opinions or ideas that could be added in. 

What do you all think? 

Not sure if this fits but I do use one...with my fave pc Khakina Khatun. I just reskinned the Venom symbiote as an eldritch abomination parasite with shapeshifting and evolving capabilities. 😁

Although I usually use its to make spiderman/venom references...😂

Edited by Thotification

I have a character with an amorphous being as a symbiotic companion again that is roaming around. I am a fan of the Klyntar lore too, especially the recent takes but didn't initially create my character because of it. Either way the notion of an amorphous being or a parasitic/symbiotic organism is not foreign to Valucre. I would suggest just creating a character that you want, setting up a goal you want to achieve, and reworking this interest thread to recruit folks who want to support you in that quest. I know you are still mulling over ideas so whenever you have something semi-concrete just let us know.

I like the idea myself. Of introducing some canon symbiotes regardless of origin. (Of course my personal favorite in the comics was Carnage.)

I don't have any characters I'd subject to a symbiote currently, though I'd heavily consider making one specifically for this concept if you're shooting for canon.

2 hours ago, Dolor Aeternum said:

I have a character with an amorphous being as a symbiotic companion again that is roaming around. I am a fan of the Klyntar lore too, especially the recent takes but didn't initially create my character because of it. Either way the notion of an amorphous being or a parasitic/symbiotic organism is not foreign to Valucre. I would suggest just creating a character that you want, setting up a goal you want to achieve, and reworking this interest thread to recruit folks who want to support you in that quest. I know you are still mulling over ideas so whenever you have something semi-concrete just let us know.

Thank you for the input. I'm glad to know the idea is more common here than I thought, canon or not. I will begin making a character for it right away. Till then I will be searching for where this will fit best. 

1 hour ago, Twitterpated said:

I like the idea myself. Of introducing some canon symbiotes regardless of origin. (Of course my personal favorite in the comics was Carnage.)

I don't have any characters I'd subject to a symbiote currently, though I'd heavily consider making one specifically for this concept if you're shooting for canon.

It doesnt matter to me if its canon or not. I'm just looking for something new to embark on. I've played the role of a Devil everytime I've been here and I'm just looking to expand my creativity. I'm going now to brainstorm on symbiotic strengths and weaknesses along with characteristic abilities for my particular parasite and where to place him. 

On 10/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, Arcane said:

So, I've been reading a lot of comics over the years. One of my favorite story lines is that of the Klyntar race, formally known as the symbiotes; as in Venom, Carnage, Riot, etc (just to drop a few known names to anyone not "Venom-Verse" savvy). Now of course I am not looking to start a Marvel based story line here, but i would like to introduce the existence of symbiotes into this realm of endless possibilities. I mean, we have vampires, werewolves, gods, deities, devils and celestials.. why not an ever evolving parasitic symbiote that can merge with its host on a cellular level. Each symbiote would it's own imaginative a abilities and weaknesses derived by its user (writer who chooses to RP with it). I'm still mulling over the idea myself and will update this with more to the idea as time goes on. I would also like it, if anyone is interested, to see others opinions or ideas that could be added in. 

What do you all think? 

I mean when the limits of this world are of your imagination, I find it hard to see why this cannot be the case 😄 Be it technological (Generator rex kinda deal), Chemical or biological, I'm sure if you can write it, it will be accepted!