Meraxa

What do we know? [Elendaron]

3b4eff8175747.560b889a831b2.jpg

"I knew she was trouble from the moment she walked in.

Some guys'll tell you they know these things from the colour of a woman's lipstick, or something about their legs. Me? I look at the fear in their eyes, the mud on their feet, and the rain that has them soaked from head to toe. That's how you know someone didn't have a lot of time to think when they decided they needed your help, running through the downpour like a fox from the hunt. Also easy to guess from there they don't have the money for it either, given they couldn't get a cab, or an umbrella. That's why I turned her away. Shouldn't have, but I did. Besides, I'm a private eye, not a bodyguard.

Still, she shoved a box in my hands, and said if anyone came asking after her, to ask for her name, and if I didn't get the right answer, spin a yarn on where she'd be. Said my life depended on it as much as hers did, and damn it, I knew she was telling the truth on that one. So I hid it, and wouldn't you know it, she's dead on the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Berendo Street two days later. Didn't have to spin no yarn either, so that's off my conscience. But what is gnawing at me... is what happened to her, and why. So if you know about that, or if you don't but wanna help me figure it out... well, what's her name?"

So, as part of recent goings on in Elendaron, I have been tasked with administrating a little story, set in another world, in another time. Our location of choice will be 1920s Los Angeles, just as the Depression has struck the hammer blow, and the city is awash in many new faces. We'll start with a little flashback, establishing how any would-be volunteers got there: in short, you were guests of Elder Boldar, a forest sprite in Vechynacht who espouses to have found a way that his people might live safely in their ancestral lands, despite the effective collapse of reality around them. There's just the small problem that will eventually come out of his daughter - the one actually responsible for figuring out this supposed solution - having disappeared into a rift and not coming back. And well, he's treated you just so well with his feast, the least you could do is a mount a rescue kthxbye.

Unlike previous instances, characters who volunteer for this escapade will retain their memories. Indeed, everything about you will seem... unchanged, except for the fact you'll arrive in this strange new(?) world with little more than the clothes on your back. Any other material indication that you are from another world is going to be absent. As for your abilities, for those who may have them... well, you'll have to see, won't you?

For the sake of keeping this rolling, I'd like to set a three day posting schedule - that is, post in three days or get skipped. Major actions should be attempted rather than automatically assumed. Picking up a bottle of premium prohibition liquor without asking is fine, thinking you get a free pass to whack it into a guy's face and watch them fall to the floor by the end of your own post is another matter. Unless it's Mugsy.
Edited by Meraxa

A rift you say?
Well you have piqued my curiosity!

I was thinking right, I really can't send my other agents to the field. 6 is completely infected with a parasite which if left unchecked will take him over and turn him to a ravenous beast (and since we don't know how long this mission may be, he can't afford to keep it in check without VCF equipment). David's magic won't work in 1920's LA, so I think it's perfect to send Rookstone in! He already has the attire down, the mind of a P.I and the knowledge to piece together where he is. If he was to find anyone from Valucre, he could probably put together that this is planet is called "Earth"

Coincidentally, this would also be similar to the earth that OS-001, the founder of the VCF would come from.

In the end Rookstone as far as the RP and interaction is concerned would still be acting much like a PI, solving the mysteries and aiding others, while keeping out of harm's way, but for me personally this would be a major point in where Rookstone may find out about the origins of his leader and somewhat "owner", OS-001, and the origins of the strange organization the founder came from in this earth.

So would you be interested in me joining along for the ride? 😄 

Edited by Sanonymous

1 hour ago, Dauner Light said:

i think 3 would be the more accurate head count. i might get bored in a thread where i don't get to play around with my sword. maybe i can let the magic go for a while but the swords...

Since you’re totally not sure let’s not count you towards the players. If you get a more concrete feeling as to whether or not you can reliably join in come on back 

7 hours ago, supernal said:

Since you’re totally not sure let’s not count you towards the players. If you get a more concrete feeling as to whether or not you can reliably join in come on back

do i get an assurance that i can keep my swords?