Sign in to follow this  
Fierach

The nonsensical words you've picked up

Writers and readers tend to pick up a lot of words. Some are actual words. Some are total nonsense strung together. Some are total nonsense strung together that somehow make sense in context and have now entered your vernacular. What are yours?

Two of my favorites are:

Nutbunnies. Instead of saying aw shit. I say aw nutbunnies. Bonus to you if you know the source.

Murder-make. Used to reference to an act or acts of killing, like a battle or a fight.

Murder-bone - A full on, raging lust for the death of an individual (s). A vendetta, only put at ease by the death of ones enemies.

Back of the face - A term referring to deep tissue between the skull and skin. I often use this to express severe impact during head trauma, regardless of where in the head it occurred. Ex. "Damn son, that boy got cram jammed in the back of the face." 

Cram-jammed - Also simply crammed. Interchangeable with yeeted, or space jammed. Cram jammed refers more to a frontal force which carries forward an object. Yeeted is used to express an ejection in the opposite direction, and space jamming is the act of dunking with downward force.

No joke, I seriously use these terms on a daily basis.

Edited by Vilhardt

16 hours ago, Die Shize said:

Nuncle - Uncle

Every time I read that word I cringe. 

A Song of Ice and Fire is overall a great read. But, when “nuncle” enters the picture, I have a sudden urge to bang my noggin on my uncle’s noggin until our heads explode. 

Nuncle is the archaic form of Uncle. You can find it in works such as King Lear.

37 minutes ago, Acies ab Vesania said:

Nuncle is the archaic form of Uncle. You can find it in works such as King Lear.

Correct, among other terms from the same book series, like “serjeant”.

But “nuncle” seemed to fit the criteria of this thread as an actual word I picked up reading the book that to me is yet a ‘nonsense’ word in the sense that it was nonsense to use “nuncle” instead of “uncle”