EpicRome23

LotE: The Revival (Day 2)

Tasz casually strolled through the city streets, potion bottle in one hand and book in the other. She nearly collided with every passerby as she read through her notes, downing mouthfuls of her concoction. The roads coming in had been harsh and miserable, rain and monsters at every point of her journey. It was one of the very rare occasions that she was happy to be in the city, tho she'd never admit it. 

'Where's the tavern!?!'

Her mind wandered, only focusing on getting herself drunk and asleep. Cheers and scream came from in front of her knocked her out the trance, the town square lively as ever. A large figure stood on stage, roaring about battles and victories. 'Morior Invictus!' they all screamed, Tasz rolled her eyes and rubbed her temples. Leaving the scene, she only sped up her pace in hopes of finding herself a drinking spot. 

'Bloody city cultists!'

Only sat a mere block away was the tavern of her dreams, she booted the door down and secured a seat for herself at the bar. Raising her hand to catch the keeps, she threw down what little coin she had remaining and ordered a much needed drink...or several. The keep brought her several tankards of mead, which she downed without so much as a single breath. She felt her wallet, bowing her head in shame. The last of her money gone, yet she wasn't even tipsy. 

'Eeuugh, not fair.' 

Meanwhile... at Byrn's fortress...

"...regrettably that's all that I have to report sir."
The Ebon Knight stood tall and silent, arms folded, thinking over the words of the scout before nodding. "Keep up the good work. You are dismissed."
"Yes sir." The Byrn scout saluted his superior and left.
"Hmm... if what he said is true about the one known as... Amber was it? Then perhaps..."

"Perhaps what General? What news do you have?" Jill and Innes stopped as they were passing by.
The Ebon Knight turned to face them. "The scout I had sent out only reported a small camp of Grey Knights, of no threat to us at the moment and thus can be left safely alone for the time being."
Jill frowned in anger. "Damn it! That's it? Could he find out nothing about Madon!?"
Innes chuckled. "Such passion Jill. You must really want to find Madon again. Do you really desire to have his lance thrusted inside your va-" There was an echoing sound of a slap throughout the room.
"Shut the hell up Innes! You know I don't desire that!"
Innes was rubbing his cheek, but then he smirked. "Really? They say you get really defensive over the things you know are true."
The next thing Innes knew he was down on the ground after a kick to his happy place, courtesy of a furious Jill.
A hearty laugh reverberated from the Ebon Knight's helmet. "If you two are done with your schoolkid antics... I have sent the scout back out to find out more. Madon may be nearer than we think. If anything important comes up I will let you know. Dismissed."
Jill left in a bit of a huff, and it took Innes a few minutes for him to recover enough strength... and dignity... to leave as well.
"So Amber... good and evil, huh? When the time is right... you shall know the truth."

The Exarch sat at the end of the bar opposite from where Tolok had ended up. Madon drank deeply from a large mug of ale, while Wymp sat next to him, the expression on his face implying that he wouldn't take any nonsense, and the crossbow laid across his lap accentuating the point. The mercenaries that had followed Madon into the tavern spoke with him, asking about the general state of the war and the Exarch's overall battle plan. He responded to their queries happily, though what he said was rather hard to piece together without the greater context knowledge of the overall situation provided. Below the bar, those who kids who the tavern staff hadn't yet managed to spot and send out were looking at the Exarch's golden lance, Arcane Piercer, with admiring glances.

This state of affairs persisted for a bit, before the Exarch had gotten another mug in front of him and stood up to let his voice carry throughout the room.

"Hah! Let's make a game of this, shall we? If any of you can outdrink me, I will give you fifty gold pieces!"

Wymp let out a deep, tired sigh. At least Amber wasn't in here to embarrass him, and there could only be so few people in the world capable of outdrinking his liege without issue. Maybe this could bring some interesting faces to the forefront, because by God, Wymp was tired of looking at and judging bloody mercenaries. They all boiled down to the same motivations, in the end. And, well, at least he didn't have to drink anything himself. He shuddered briefly upon remembering their excursion into Cortia. He fully admitted he was a lightweight, but still, that had just been flat-out sad. And he had woken up with Owend sprawled out on top of him, although... he wasn't inclined to complain too much about one. Both had been fully clothed, all was well.

The people in the tavern were already cheering and ordering ale, beer and what not, hoping they could get the fifty gold coins that the Exarch would bet. Though, Tolok soon realised there was a loophole: He said any, not first. This could only mean that not only one person could get the gold, which raised the stakes even higher when the news was spread, so everyone ordered at least one mug.

Tolok was smiling. He knew he trained his flaming blood and belly, after all the things he went through, drinking like a bastard, after beating the hell out of other bandits. He looked around at everyone who got a drink, even the mercenaries, who were trying to act tough before, had at least one too, so they couldn't be ignored by his Highness, which would recruit them, probably after he'd see he could have more drinking buddies. But Tolok knew mercenaries may drink, but not as much as these here. They looked too refined for the tavern drinks in this place, but wine would fit them just fine. He knew he already had an advantage with this.

"So, I'll have to drink with some pansies here and, maybe, one or two other heavy drinkers? I could just start drinking and make myself noticed, after he lowers his expectations of these pesky mercenaries." "Keep, bring me five large mugs at that table!" He pointed with the fingers towards a table which was, surprisingly, empty and close to the Exarch. He went there and made himself comfortable on one of the wooden chairs, while he was resting him arms on the stained table, dirty probably because of all the ale and beer spilled throughout these years. He looked at the Exarch, enjoying his drinks, like he waited so long for this moment, while his right hand looked of all the crap going on, with mercenaries taunting eachother, citizen of Isore, dancing and spilling alcohol on the ground, enjoying their life and trying their best to beat the king of this land himself! It almost looked as if this place was lit up after the war was over and peace was restored, but it was... way too far for that, for now.

Looking around at other mercs, he realised no one appreciated his presence. He would get ill willed glares, spits on the floor, while maintaining eye contact and heads being shook. His eyes, topaz coloured in the middle and emerald-like around the ends, were processing everything that was happening. "Stupid barbarians." he thought, while chuggingone large mug of ale, slamming it to the table and showing a grin, "I will show them who's the tough guy here."

Edited by The Fire Heart

Tasz sat with her head buried in her hands, crying over her still sober state. To make things worse, a large group of men walked into the bar. The already packed building made even worse, oh how she hated people. She recognized one of them, the 'cult leader'. However, luck had finally come her way. The leader stood out, man enough to throw a challenge in anyone's direction. A drinking game? With coin? Easy money.

'Foolish fool of foolishness, I shall rob you of your coin!' She thought to herself.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:18 PM, EpicRome23 said:

"Hah! Let's make a game of this, shall we? If any of you can outdrink me, I will give you fifty gold pieces!"

"I shall out drink you, but only if you buy the rounds! You already have a head start, so consider this your lucky day!" She pointed to the armored man, her words boastful. 

Without waiting she reached over the counter and grabbed herself a large bottle of rum, refilling all of her empty mugs and then sliding the bottle over to the 'cult leader'. As quickly as they were poured, they were chugged down. The witches alcohol tolerance seemingly infinite, or was she drunk upon arrival? Nobody knew, not even the witch herself. Regardless, she now had purpose.

"Show me what you got, cultist." Tasz smirked, downing another tankard of rum. 

The refugees of Isore knew that they stood no chance against their Exarch. A couple of drinking contests had been held during Madon's reign, and he handily beaten both Lucer and Auffle, both famous for their insane tolerance for drink among the people of the Walled City. Some had whispered that Auffle had let his liege win, but... still, it was a testament to the stubborn will of their warrior king. And you know, an invitation to drink and drink as much as they willed? They assuredly wouldn't turn that down, especially with the sorrow of the war lurking in the back of their minds.

The mercenaries, however, were much more foolish. They thought they stood a chance. One group had even ordered the infamous Byrning Brew Akdov, reputed to be the strongest drink in all of Erasmia. Two mercenaries had already passed out after drinking only half a mug each. Wymp watched this with an expression of mirth, only interrupted as Madon leaned toward him and spoke.

"Throw out the mercenaries. I tire of their presence, and I've already spotted a couple of people worth reaching out to here. After you do that, I'll talk to the woman who apparently thinks we're cultists. Even though we're not running around in robes and waving around dark magic tomes. As for you, you go talk to that fellow at the table with the five mugs. I like the look of him, stands out from the other sods who pass for mercenaries around here."

Wymp nodded in response to his liege's words. Then, he stood up, his repeating crossbow in hand as he pointed at the various mercenaries throughout the room.

"Alright, you worthless sods! It is has become obvious to the Exarch that all of you are a bunch of lightweight pansies. Therefore, I'm giving you to the count of three to get your worthless asses out of this tavern! The Wizards are recruiting currently, maybe they'll hire you sad sacks!"

One of the mercenaries scoffed and shouted at Wymp.

"You won't do shit, you wimp! We ain't going!"

Wymp grinned maliciously, and fired a bolt into the mercenary's right shoulder. He groaned in pain and collapsed backwards in his chair.

"That was a warning shot! The count... begins now. One... Two..."

Before Wymp could even reach three, the mercenaries had rushed out, their buddies grabbing the mercenaries who had passed out from the Akdov and the one Wymp had shot as they departed. Wymp chuckled as he slung his crossbow over his back, before sitting down across from Tolok at his table.

"Quite the scene, huh? I have to admit, the whole drinking contest was a ruse. If you want, my liege will still give you the promised 50 gold for being a good sport. But that's not what I came here to say. I came to ask... are you interested in saving the continent?"

Madon, meanwhile, drained the last of the mugs in front of him as the mercenaries departed, and then turned toward Tasz.

"So, hey. You interested in joining my cult?"

The Exarch chuckled deeply for a moment before continuing.

"That was a joke. I don't know where you get the impression that I was a cultist. Last I saw, I don't have any dark motivations, unless you count defeating the menace of Byrn and restoring peace to Erasmia. But that aside... the drinking contest was a ruse of mine. I am the Exarch of the Walled City of Isore, and I was forced to flee from my city and nation as it fell to three days of siege, and was thus destroyed. I am looking for recruits to my cause. I will pay for all the drinks you've consumed thus far, and I will still give you the mentioned 50 gold award if you so desire. Consider it a gift, if you'd like."

Edited by EpicRome23

Watching the scene unfold, Tolok had quite a good chuckle, watching the pansies leave the place, with their hurt buddy mentioning all the gods while swearing. As the tavern was, yet again, as silent as before the announcement the Exarch had made. It came off as a surprise to see the same man who punished them to take a seat with him. Tolok was smiling, a bright smile, as his eyes looked like they were flaming, from the excitement. And then, his mouth opened and he couldn't do anything but grin.

"Honestly, this why I even came here. I just wanted to let the cannon fodder take their shot, but it seems like they missed, like they were blindfolded, unlike you." He let a chuckle; "I just wanted to let things flow, while I enjoyed this show that unfolded. I must say, I would die to save the continent, with the Exarch as my leader! I would only need a place where I can sleep, food and adventure, though. I already have my bag of coins, so I will have to kindly refuse the reward, since it was not the reason I joined the drinking game contest." He smiled, once again, as his black hair would prove its beauty, paired with his eyes in the lightning of the tavern.

With the mercenaries parting ways, the young witch could finally drink in peace. More chugging followed, before the 'cultist' finally decided to break the ice. With a rather peculiar line, but one she had heard before. One that no matter where a witch wen't, the question would follow.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:12 PM, EpicRome23 said:

"So, hey. You interested in joining my cult?"

A chuckle followed, a clear sign to the witch he could be joking. Another drink was downed, her throat now beginning to burn. She turned her attention to the man speaking to her, somewhat interested.

"How do you know I'm not already part of one?"

On 11/27/2019 at 7:12 PM, EpicRome23 said:

"That was a joke. I don't know where you get the impression that I was a cultist. Last I saw, I don't have any dark motivations, unless you count defeating the menace of Byrn and restoring peace to Erasmia. But that aside... the drinking contest was a ruse of mine. I am the Exarch of the Walled City of Isore, and I was forced to flee from my city and nation as it fell to three days of siege, and was thus destroyed. I am looking for recruits to my cause. I will pay for all the drinks you've consumed thus far, and I will still give you the mentioned 50 gold award if you so desire. Consider it a gift, if you'd like."

She pondered the thought, paid drinks and gold was a fair offer. But at the cost of baggage, having to work in teams. Her face turned for a second, only being pulled back over the idea of gold. "Sure, but don't expect me to sit around this city playing house maid. I like the open road, nothing else." She chugged down the last tankard, her binge drinking coming to an end. "The name is Tasz, when are we starting?"

Madon smiled slightly for a moment as Tasz finished speaking.

"The cultists around here are loud, unsubtle bastards. If you were a cultist, you'd be the first one I've met with the slightest sense of subtlety, and brains enough to not traipse around in dark robes and throw dark magic everywhere."

He finished off the last of the tankards in front of him before continuing.

"As for when we're starting? Immediately. But if you're expecting to take to the open road and bring the fight to Byrn... I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. Byrn is after my head, so to venture out into the open while their patrols lurk all around The Valley? Tantamount to suicide. We have a plan to draw away their attention and begin our search for the legendary dragon-slaying weapons used in the First War of the Wyrms. However, it will take a couple of days in order to enact, and we may not see too much action in that time. But my companions and I can certainly find something for you to do, if you don't mind following me to our camp."

He stood up, sliding a small pile of gold to the bartender. Then, he looked back toward Tasz.

"If that's a dealbreaker for you, though? Then I'll give you your promised gold and you can be on your way, I won't hold it against you."

With that, the Exarch began to stride out of the tavern. He retracted the chain attached to Arcane Piercer, pulling the golden lance back to him and nearly knocking over the kid who had been holding it.

Wymp, meanwhile, grinned at Tolok's words.

"'Die to save the continent?' Well, you certainly could, given the might of the foe arrayed against us. But it's preferable that you don't go that far, if it can be avoided. God knows our manpower pales mightily in comparison to Byrn's, and every loss hits us much harder. As for the rest... we have a camp just outside of The Valley that will serve just fine for sleeping. Not luxury accommodations, but you don't seem too picky in that regard. Foodwise, Owend is an excellent cook and is used to preparing meals for many people. If we're lucky, she'll have something ready back at the camp. And adventure... oh, you'll certainly have your fill adventure. My liege has the tendency to attract the strangest people and circumstances, so there's little chance of things being plain and boring."

The pious soldier looked up to see his liege departing the tavern. He stood up and gestured toward Tolok to follow.

"And there he goes now. Come, I'm sure the rest of our companions would like to meet you."

On their journey out of main part of The Valley, there wasn't much of interest to discern from the usual hustle and bustle of the people. They might have spotted, like Madon and Wymp did, the Wizard Dawnwulf negotiating with mercenary leaders in the main square. The Exarch and the old man exchanged brief nods as the group passed.

The rest of the trip to the camp was uneventful. Owend and the Grey Knights had just returned from their practice drills by the time that Madon had strode into the camp. The Exarch immediately approached Amber, his expression carefully neutral.

"Dawnwulf seems to have the hiring of the mercenaries well in hand. As for the refugees, they seemed to react well to my words. I think a spark of hope has been re-ignited in them, many of them will answer the call if I ask for people to take up arms and fight Byrn. Oh, and I may have picked up a couple of new drinking buddies, as it were."

"I told you you had to be the beacon of hope for the people. Maybe now we can start making some progress. As for your drinking buddies... just say the word. I'll drink them under the table and then some." She then smirked at Madon. "I still have to take you on too. And I think we should up the stakes on our little duel when we do." Her smirk then faded back to her neutral expression. "I already filled in Eve and Deadeye on the specifics of our plan. I still think it's stupid mind you, but if it works... I guess it's not stupid then. Unless it renders the only habitable part of the valley inhabitable, then it's stupid regardless. But anyways, I'm going to tend to Shadow." She turned and started walking to where she left her mount, glancing at the new companions... but not acknowledging them.

Mason, meanwhile, had his sunglasses back on and had just finished polishing his handgun. He looked up from where he was sitting at Madon. "Well Madon, I'm ready to rock and roll." He loaded his magazine and returned it to his holster. "Just say the word." He then looked at the companions with him and gave a brief nod. "Call me Deadeye. That's all you need to know about me for now."

Eve nodded as well. "I'm... ready too..." But like Amber, she didn't introduce herself to Madon's companions, instead shying away, turning more towards Mason instead.

Tolok was analysing the crew, seeing kinds and kinds of people... And then "Deadeye". His glances stopped when he saw the man with a weapon which didn't look like any other. He almost could have asked himself what the hell is it, but he didn't want to be rude. The clothes, too, seemed like he was out of the current fashion. He looked really weird, except thje sunglasses which gave him a 'cool' appearance.

He then looked at one of the other persons. It was Eve, which made him pretty curious: she didn't look very extroverted or "not shy". He kept his glance on her, not trying to scare her, but the necklace she has was something interesting, too. It was almost as if he felt someone in that crystal, which turned him even more curious. But what else would he want to do, except wait? He couldn't want to be seen as a creep, because of his sheer curiosity. As he looked back at Amber, he smiled a bit when she heard her mentioning the drinking game. She may be better than him, but it would be a really exciting thing to do in the free time they'd have.

After he stopped analysing them, Tolok put his right hand on his chest, while a few flames covered it and greeted himself: "I'm Tolok."; he couldn't get himself to say more, since the party seemed pretty closed off at the moment.

Edited by The Fire Heart

On 11/29/2019 at 11:08 PM, EpicRome23 said:

"The cultists around here are loud, unsubtle bastards. If you were a cultist, you'd be the first one I've met with the slightest sense of subtlety, and brains enough to not traipse around in dark robes and throw dark magic everywhere."

"Shame, I love a good cliche. Oh well!" Tasz listened to the last of his words, finishing of her drinks and standing up. Wyrms, war and dragon-slaying weapons. She smiled, happy there was at least some cliche. Before he could finish, she'd already began packing her things and prepping rum for the road.

On 11/29/2019 at 11:08 PM, EpicRome23 said:

"If that's a dealbreaker for you, though? Then I'll give you your promised gold and you can be on your way, I won't hold it against you."

"Nah, not a deal breaker till I'm either piss drunk or just plain pissed. I'll follow ya, for now at least."

Tasz followed Madom to the camp, the journey nothing of interest beyond an old man who was apparently important. Tho Tasz didn't care, she merely focused on leaving the city behind. She sighed in relief as they got onto the roads, making it to the camp. It seemed that another member had dragged another new recruit along, his eagerness putting the white haired witch to shame. 

"Ain't nobody my drinking buddy till they prove they can keep up, I've yet to see that." She took a seat, leaning up against a log. She took out her alchemist kit, prepping potions ready for the road. "I can make these as we move, so just say the word and I'm ready."

Edited by Rabbit

Madon shook his head slightly.

"If what I drank wasn't enough to prove that I can keep up, you have impossibly high standards. Don't tempt me to let Amber have at it, and put you in your place. Because God knows, I have better things to do than drink myself to the verge of death."

He chuckled for a moment before turning and looking toward everyone in the camp.

"At any rate... it seems that you are all ready. Very well, might as well put all of this energy you seem to have pent up to use. So. Byrn could strike at any time, and we've got a few things we need to get out of the way before they arrive. Wymp and I will be heading to the Wizards' archives, to pinpoint the locations of the legendary weapons, the shards of the Dragon Emblem, and anything else that can help us in the fight against Byrn. As for the rest of you... I want you to go out and kill every Byrn scout and patrol that you can find. It will blind their eyes and ears for a time, yes. But most of all... it will catch their attention. I want their attention. The more of Byrn's force we can draw to our trap in The Valley, the easier our journey will be once we part ways with the Wizards."

He looked around for a moment, his gaze falling on Mason.

"Deadeye. Can you go on ahead? Find the patrols and mark the locations of their camps? Kill any lone scouts that you can kill without being detected?"

"Putting a lot of trust in me, huh? Yeah, I can do that. Give me a map and directions, I'll take care of everything."

Madon nodded.

"Thank you. Owend has the map from her previous patrol, she'll tell you where to start."

"Very well. One second, I'm not going out there unarmed."

He disappeared into the tent behind him, and a few seconds later there was a loud clack and he emerged carrying a KSG.

"When scouting, one must always be prepared to go loud. Being unprepared could mean the difference between life and death."

Madon nodded again.

"I certainly wouldn't want you to die on such a mission. These patrols shouldn't be enhanced with dragon's blood like the men under Innes and Jill were. My current knowledge indicates that they've only given their more elite forces such enhancements. But if I'm wrong? Amber's wind magic should do well to deal with them. Tasz, Tolok, if either of you happen to know wind magic, it is the type that is most effective against those enhanced troops."

He looked around for a moment.

"And I think that should be everything. I don't know how long Wymp and I will be. As for the rest of you, you may want to come back to the camp at nightfall. Or, if you want to keep hunting through the night, make sure and prepare for it."

With that, the Exarch departed, the phoenix Illumine descending from the sky to land on his shoulder as he made his way toward the Wizards' tower. Wymp followed close behind. Owend, meanwhile, approached Mason with a paper rolled up in hand, which she unfurled in front of him to reveal a map.

"Alright, handsome. This map is marked with areas that we spotted from the sky, ones that could hold campsites for Byrn's patrols. The first of them should be just northeast of here, where the sands meet the fertile grounds of The Valley. Ravine there with brush growing around, covering the top. After that, they seem to be set up in a semicircular pattern a good distance away from and around The Valley. As for taking them out... we didn't see how many meatheads were in each patrol. But, they can't be too large. I'm leaving a couple of Grey Knights with you and the two newcomers. The rest of us are on a separate mission to locate the main base Byrn is using, wherever they could be staging a potential assault from. But, if you need more force, like if they're the enhanced clambakes or there's too many of them... we'll be somewhat close by during our search, and you can signal us."

Edited by EpicRome23

Mason gave a nod to Madon before he left. "I'll try to avoid unnecessary combat with the enemy if at all possible. I'll be back by nightfall." He then turned his attention to the map that Owend unfolded in front of him.

"The first of them should be just northwest of here, where the sands meet the fertile grounds of The Valley. Ravine there with brush growing around, covering the top. After that, they seem to be set up in a semicircular pattern around The Valley. As for taking them out... we didn't see how many meatheads were in each patrol. But, they can't be too large. I'm leaving a couple of Grey Knights with you and the two newcomers. The rest of us are on a separate mission to locate the main base Byrn is using, wherever they could be staging a potential assault from. But, if you need more force, like if they're the enhanced clambakes or there's too many of them... we'll be somewhat close by during our search, and you can signal us."

"Trust me... if you hear the faint sounds of gunfire, you'll know we're under attack. Hopefully it shouldn't come to that. Though, if you want to keep those soldiers Madon left with me with you, be my guest. I'm more comfortable in smaller groups. Larger ones attract more attention." He then looked up from the map and directed his gaze to Tolok and Tasz. "If what Madon said is true I'm going to ask Amber to accompany me. If you two know a thing or two about this wind magic... or subtlety... come along with me... or if not, try going with the Grey Knights. I'd very much not like to get myself killed because of rookie mistakes, and scouting is an art, one I specialized in."
After finding Amber and convincing her to come along, the duo made their way towards the first spot that was marked on the map. The others, if they chose to follow, would be behind them.
"What made you take up this scouting mission? You're in unfamiliar land."
"Well Amber, it's because scouting out unfamiliar and hostile territory is just one of many tasks I was assigned to do back where I'm from."
"Many tasks, what do you mean?"
"I was a soldier in my country's military. However, I was much more than the standard soldier."
"You were an elite soldier?"
"Yeah, I guess you can call it that. More accurately, I was Special Operations. Spec ops for short. Me and the people of my squad were assigned to do things that were deemed too risky for a large assault force, or needed something done on the down low. Scouting was just one of many things that I did in my time."
"What else did you do?"
Mason glanced around. "That's a long story that's best saved for another time. The focus should be on scouting right now. The less we talk, the less likely we'll get ambushed or give ourselves away. The mission comes first."
Amber smirked. "Common sense at it's finest. Good to have you on our side."

"As mighty as he is, the Exarch has some rather... interesting people. Not to mention his plans are well structured for such a small group. I think the journey will be pretty fun." He though, while analysing the plans ordered by the leader. Everyone was splitting to do something and no one was slacking off. At least, this is what many other parties should have done, but there was always "that one guy" who was too coward enough and pretended he would "defend" the camp, but he was drinking until he would either puke or fall unconscious.

"I'm leaving a couple of Grey Knights with you and the two newcomers. The rest of us are on a separate mission to locate the main base Byrn is using, wherever they could be staging a potential assault from. But, if you need more force, like if they're the enhanced clambakes or there's too many of them... we'll be somewhat close by during our search, and you can signal us."  Tolok nodded after he heard this plan. He was more interested in finding the main base, since he could have the chance to sever the root of evil. But he knew they can't fight head on against them. They needed a plan and, most importantly... an army. He listened to what was being said, until he heard his name. Madon mentioned both him and the witch, which was standing by, preparing potions. "I'm sorry, but I don't know any wind magic. My only magical power is manipulation of fire. I'd be better off with helping in searching the main base. Good luck with the scouting, Deadeye." Only hearing his nickname after Madon had mentioned it, Tolok nodded with respect, as the man with an eye patch came back with a weird looking, metal tube, with some handles. It looked like a weapon, but he was quite unsure, why would something like that be used, since it looked uncomfortable. "Maybe I'm too ignorant. He doesn't look like he's from here, anyways."

He went to the lady which gave Deadeye the map and asked, locking his eyes on her, before checking his sword, which was in the scabbard and adjusting his gauntlets right after. "So, I'm in for searching the main base. Is there anything to know about it, while we are here?" He asked, as he was looking around him, then locked his eyes by mistake on Eve. There was something that really drew his attention, but he was not exactly sure what would it be; he just shrugged it off, like earlier, waiting for a reply.