Ataraxy

Joyous Reverie Year 02

As Christmas approaches in real life, so does Reverie approach us in Valucre. Some of you may remember the Reverie events from last year that occured in Veluriyam, hosted by recently deceased Emperor Titus. Linked HERE for reference. 

However, while I'm sure Csl has plans for Reverie in Veluriyam, I am now mainly located in Renovatio. With many travelers going back and forth between Veluriyam and Renovatio via Port Sun, celebratory spirits and events have been brought to Renovatio. 

More on that travel and adaption of Reverie will come closer to the date in question, as will *where* in Reno and who will be hosting it. 

For now, I'm interested in seeing who is interested in making this venture into Valucre tradition with me?

Also, what events do you guys want? Last time I went way overboard, so I'll probably go down to 2 events hosted by me, but others can host affiliated events on their own. 

I'm thinking I'd like the maze to be brought back since last year we never got to the end, which was sad lol 

Suggestions? Interest?

18 minutes ago, Dauner Light said:

What the reverie about? cause i can't imagine it being like the reverie in One Piece.

I wish it were..but its prolly games and such like last time. Also there might be balls...

28 minutes ago, garlictonic said:

Balls??? Like a ballpit or ??

He means dances lol like a soireé

29 minutes ago, garlictonic said:

Balls??? Like a ballpit or ??

Also hi! Another victim has fallen to Jill's Val advertising I see 

1 hour ago, Dauner Light said:

What the reverie about? cause i can't imagine it being like the reverie in One Piece.

If you click on the link in my post where you see the HERE you'll get a bunch of information about the previous Reverie 🙂

1 hour ago, Ataraxy said:

If you click on the link in my post where you see the HERE you'll get a bunch of information about the previous Reverie 🙂

ok. doing that now

BEEEEP.

Alert! Alert! Too much information! Processor overloadiiiinnng...

If I'm understanding this correctly, this Reverie isn't a direct "sequel" of the old Reverie which was a Vel empire event, but rather a new event some folks in Renovatio picked up via cultural osmosis from the Vel empire city there (Port Sun)?

Also there's going to be an event analogous to Christmas in your Nede Demon Land™ that'd be hilarious.

Just now, Csl said:

If I'm understanding this correctly, this Reverie isn't a direct "sequel" of the old Reverie which was a Vel empire event, but rather a new event some folks in Renovatio picked up via cultural osmosis from the Vel empire city there (Port Sun)?

That's more or less correct. It's still Reverie at it's core, but obviously to make it work in Renovatio it has to change a bit. Can't have it be based on Damien and stuff lol I'm still playing with possible scenarios, but I'm thinking of throwing Teresa in there... in a certain... otherworldly capacity which is what will really link the Reverie holiday. 

4 minutes ago, Csl said:

Also there's going to be an event analogous to Christmas in your Nede Demon Land™ that'd be hilarious.

LOL no no no, this isn't associated with Nede hahaha It's an event from mainstream Renovatio authorities. I'm thinking grassroot movement picked up by Primera even, if @Aleksei CHECKS DISCORD. 

36 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

That's more or less correct. It's still Reverie at it's core, but obviously to make it work in Renovatio it has to change a bit. Can't have it be based on Damien and stuff lol I'm still playing with possible scenarios, but I'm thinking of throwing Teresa in there... in a certain... otherworldly capacity which is what will really link the Reverie holiday. 

LOL no no no, this isn't associated with Nede hahaha It's an event from mainstream Renovatio authorities. I'm thinking grassroot movement picked up by Primera even, if @Aleksei CHECKS DISCORD. 

Linking Reno!Reverie's origins to Teresa/Titus makes more sense.

I'd rather not have Port Sun involved in this since it just got revamped relatively recently and I'm leaving the canon intentionally vague to build on at a later date.

That said, it's neat to see Reverie back in some way since I had no plans to have an empire holiday party/festival event.

Edited by Csl

32 minutes ago, Csl said:

Linking Reno!Reverie's origins to Teresa/Titus makes more sense.

I'd rather not have Port Sun involved in this since it just got revamped relatively recently and I'm leaving the canon intentionally vague to build on at a later date.

That said, it's neat to see Reverie back in some way since I had no plans to have an empire holiday party/festival event.

It's not being involved directly, but as a port that links the two places there'd obviously be people traveling between them and people from UM who are celebrating it abroad. It'd be like having people fly from the US to India and expect the US peeps to not talk about Christmas or celebrate it. 

I won't be able to touching the port itself, but as a landmark of Reno it'll probably be mentioned as a method Reverie was initially spread into Reno. 

Unless the new lore article says the Port is defunct?

1 minute ago, Ataraxy said:

It's not being involved directly, but as a port that links the two places there'd obviously be people traveling between them and people from UM who are celebrating it abroad. It'd be like having people fly from the US to India and expect the US peeps to not talk about Christmas or celebrate it. 

I won't be able to touching the port itself, but as a landmark of Reno it'll probably be mentioned as a method Reverie was initially spread into Reno. 

Unless the new lore article says the Port is defunct?

Yeah, retconned Port Moon to have been constructed in the Eastern Stronghold and to have never been connected to Ursa Madeum in the first place. It's in the updated Port Sun article and a result of making UM more of a contained setting.

If its inclusion is just flavor text and independent of vel-connected canon tho go for it 👌