Dmitry

Scholars and Mages and Ancients, Oh My!

So I can't really speak to a time frame for this, as its a very long term plan, but I'm in need of a particular breed of character. You see, as I'm sure some of you have seen me ramble in the comments, I'm playing a very unique breed of lycan that is believed extinct today. My plan with this is to have most of the lore contributed by other people through their characters, via interactions between mine and their's.

To this end, I will require the help of those with characters in Genesaris who have deep knowledge of ancient races. This includes those with an extensive grasp of recorded history, spell casters with access to ancient and/or forbidden teachings, or beings who have simply lived long enough to see these werewolves in person.

Naturally, there's no rush on this, but feel free to leave a post here if you have an interest in this or if you have questions.

Well, for my part, it’s pretty much a journey across Genesaris that will involve threads with these different characters. Basically, you’ll create lore as your character informs him on what the hell he is. Any interaction beyond that depends on the players involved. 

The hope is to have a community influence on this lore in order to make it more vibrant and diverse than I could alone. There’s a few points that are more or less set in stone, but I’ll expand on that personally with anyone involved

No rush. As I said, this will be very long term and each encounter won’t likely be for quite a bit, save for maybe Port Kyros if anybody has a good match for this there. It likely to be the next stop either way.

I'd be interested in sending one of my agents, David Connor to dabble in meeting a thought of extinct race, after all he is the VCF's go to scholar for anything regarded magical or mystical 😄 

I should point out, it wouldn’t currently be known to most where he is. The idea was for him to find these characters all across Genesaris, one at a time for the most part. It’s also only been a day since he surfaced.

I have a house of off world werewolves that will be roaming around doing odd jobs and gaining a name to gather more people under their banner. It shouldn't be hard to find some of them since they few members will be going out from time to time to achieve their goals, if you'd be up for having interactions with lycan blooded pcs.

2 hours ago, Dmitry said:

I think this a good moment to point out that not all these encounters need to be friendly. I’m more than comfortable with a few fights as long as they don’t end up falling into competitive pvp. That sort of thing just isn’t my jam.

totally down for that