Jump to content
Dredge

Wicker Town Blues (LoD) (Open)

Recommended Posts

containment-razor-wire-fine-art-photo-mi

 

What is Wicker Town Blues about? 

 

With the rather pesky monks dealt with and out of the way, Dredge continues to make moves and expand his secretive grasp on the continent of Genesaris. This takes us to Wicker Town Prison or as it is now known simply as Wicker Town. A rehabilitation center for criminals who are still a threat to society but are no longer needed to be thrown into the blackened cells of Reyer City. A place that while on paper seems like a friendly and humanitarian driven idea, is really a giant violation of human rights and living conditions.  Wrapped in barbed wire and run by various gang leaders and crime lords, this settlement is in dire need of change. Change that will be brought about by Dredge and his Legion. With corrupt guards allowing chaos and terror on the streets of this town, Legion will take hold of Wicker Town and see to it that it’s citizens no longer have to fear the lawlessness and anarchy of everyday life. Wicker Town Blues is about telling a story where ruthlessness and death is truly the only way to bring about change in a hostile environment such as Wicker Town. How one regime change into another more unified one does not always mean that things will improve. Within the dog eat dog world of Wicker Town only the strong survive and can bring about this much needed change. It also asks the question of are you willing to save the wicked and cruel from a greater evil? Will you put your life on the line to save those who have committed their own atrocities?

 

 

 

death_troopers_by_sonoafafayon-dbdfa6a.j

 

The Plot 

 

Legion of Doom is more than simply hordes of men and beasts who crash upon the bloody shores and sands of war torn beaches. They are more than the deadly monsters that they unleash upon people. There are levels of sophistication to their military might and power. In the dead of night commando teams have dispatched to Wicker Town with a single mission in mind. Extermination. Within the criminal underworld it is kill or be killed, and typically when a crime lord is killed their heir or second in command tends step up and take either take control of the organization or takes revenge upon those who stole it from them. Be it their friend, son, daughter, wife etc etc. This will not be the case in Wicker Town Blues. With commands to exterminate not only the crime and gang lords, LoD commandos have been given the green light to end the lives of the partners, husbands, wives, and children of these criminal leaders. They are to be removed root and stem in order to assert complete dominance over the gangs and show how willing their new master is to spill the blood of everyone they love in order to wrest control. Wicker Town Blues is a more objective based thread where Cloak and Dagger is the main MO. Burning Bright was all about loud in your face violence, this will be stealth based. 

 


latest?cb=20130616203057

 

The Goal 

What Legion hopes to accomplish with this thread is the taking over of Wicker Town through the extermination of leadership level criminal families. While this is more of a thread for the criminal underground and villains of Val who may have vested interest in this place. I am not one who turns away people wanting to join in. So if you’re a good aligned character you may be here as well. Taking place two weeks after the destruction of Burning Bright, your character can be interrogating prisoners looking for any information of the group of attackers and the “Pyromancer” that destroyed the monastery. Or make up your own reason, just please have it make sense. Where the previous thread had a lot of NPC movement in it, this one is more character driven and done at a smaller scale. So if there is a shootout between characters it won’t be a war zone or involve troops. Picture more of a scene from Wild West movie shootout than a WW2 battle. It’s a more personal experience rather than a heated battle between many men. Legion hopes to gain control of this town is the primary goal for us as an In Character organization, but the main goal is to get the community involved and have fun in a great canon location. We want to really drive home dialogue, tense stand-off moments, and heartbreaking loss of life. Cause if you’re not having fun then what’s the point? 😄 


thread link 

Here’s a link to to canon location. 

 

Edited by Dredge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dauner Light said:

@DredgeI can already think of a reason for Dauner and Gozen to be at Wicker town but first, will Dredge be there?

Remember this is more about personal interactions than fighting and battle. So please don’t bring a company of men with you lol. Really want to drive dialogue home on this one, and if there is fighting it’ll be smaller and contained rather than DBZ. 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, supernal said:

We normally don’t pin water cooler threads, at least I can’t remember the last time I did. Do you mean have a banner announcement for it? 

 

Yes I did. Thank you for correcting me so publicly and brutally. 😂😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dredge said:

Yes I did. Thank you for correcting me so publicly and brutally. 😂😋

Lol no! I mean yes. But I was actually trying to remember if that’s something I did recently. Banner it is tho! Make a post in the thread (cause it bumps it) and I’ll sort that out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @supernal for introducing me to Dredge a few days ago, now we can get into business >:)


With something as big as taking over an entire settlement, this surely won't fly under the VCF radars. I think once the bloodshed starts and reports of mass murder starts pouring in, the Legion of Doom is in big trouble; Genessaris is the continent where there are some of the largest concentrations of VCF personnel is within, and they won't let this pass.


Since Genessaris is massive and the VCF is streched thin, most likely than not only 1 task force will be sent with local reinforcements (Perhaps could be a way for one of the legion of doom to infiltrate this task force) that are mildly inferior to those in the battle-hardened ranks of the LOD.

 

This will be the first time the two organizations interact with open hostilities, but I do sure hope that it won't be the last 😉

 

What do you say, @Dredge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sanonymous said:

Thank you @supernal for introducing me to Dredge a few days ago, now we can get into business >:)


With something as big as taking over an entire settlement, this surely won't fly under the VCF radars. I think once the bloodshed starts and reports of mass murder starts pouring in, the Legion of Doom is in big trouble; Genessaris is the continent where there are some of the largest concentrations of VCF personnel is within, and they won't let this pass.


Since Genessaris is massive and the VCF is streched thin, most likely than not only 1 task force will be sent with local reinforcements (Perhaps could be a way for one of the legion of doom to infiltrate this task force) that are mildly inferior to those in the battle-hardened ranks of the LOD.

 

This will be the first time the two organizations interact with open hostilities, but I do sure hope that it won't be the last 😉

 

What do you say, @Dredge?

I would say you’re jumping the gun a little as far as Dredge and LoD goes. So far Legion has committed one act of destruction and all the raiders involved  basically got their heads exploded and the only person found to be there was a black robed figure called “the pyromancer” with a voice modulator and a different magical aura than Dredge. So far LoD has just been chilling at their encampment for all the governments of Genesaris know. This operation is a complete black op that is only known between Dredge and his elite kill teams and top lieutenants like @Djinn&Juice and involve murder in a town that’s known to be filled with murder and crime so more murder and crime is no surprise to anyone. 
 

So while I understand you are eager to jump in and do some fighting, I have to respectfully decline any battle that will take place between the two groups on the grounds that it really doesn’t make a lot of sense that the VCF would just know something. Dredge has taken great care to make sure his tracks are covered and his operations are covert and it would also clash with the themes of the thread taking it from a dialogue and character driven experience and turn into a clash between factions. If you’d like to drop your character in for an unrelated reason and find yourself on the trail of sniffing out Dredge and Legion then I’m all for that. I’m shooting for a slow burn mystery mixed with an action thriller to really give this new arc for LoD some worth. I don’t want to go down the same blood and battle like the previous one until later in the arc. I hope you understand. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dredge said:

I would say you’re jumping the gun a little as far as Dredge and LoD goes. So far Legion has committed one act of destruction and all the raiders involved  basically got their heads exploded and the only person found to be there was a black robed figure called “the pyromancer” with a voice modulator and a different magical aura than Dredge. So far LoD has just been chilling at their encampment for all the governments of Genesaris know. This operation is a complete black op that is only known between Dredge and his elite kill teams and top lieutenants like @Djinn&Juice and involve murder in a town that’s known to be filled with murder and crime so more murder and crime is no surprise to anyone. 
 

So while I understand you are eager to jump in and do some fighting, I have to respectfully decline any battle that will take place between the two groups on the grounds that it really doesn’t make a lot of sense that the VCF would just know something. Dredge has taken great care to make sure his tracks are covered and his operations are covert and it would also clash with the themes of the thread taking it from a dialogue and character driven experience and turn into a clash between factions. If you’d like to drop your character in for an unrelated reason and find yourself on the trail of sniffing out Dredge and Legion then I’m all for that. I’m shooting for a slow burn mystery mixed with an action thriller to really give this new arc for LoD some worth. I don’t want to go down the same blood and battle like the previous one until later in the arc. I hope you understand. 🙂 

I didn't think/know that the operation was a covert one, and I completely forgot wicker town was a town full of criminals (Even though I just read the page above 30 minutes ago 😅)

Although I think I do have a way that I still can be a thorn on LoD's side, without full on engagement.

 

My character, Alexander Rookstone, is a brilliant detective. He could be sent alone to Genessaris, going from one place to another and just happen to pass by Wicker Town. Would you be interested if he stumbled upon the town, curious of it's reputation of "the town of criminals" then get full on "stuck in the middle of a firefight" kinda shindig as he's caught in the middle of the takeover? No radio contact, no backup, fighting alone to escape the town while trying to gain as much intel as he can of the LoD.

 

Maybe even be able to meet/face Dredge face to face!

 

I had this idea before but I thought maybe you would've been interested in a complete army v army kinda thing, should've opened with this before 😄 

 

What do you think? I'm super interested in this concept and I'd definitely would love to rp with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sanonymous said:

I didn't think/know that the operation was a covert one, and I completely forgot wicker town was a town full of criminals (Even though I just read the page above 30 minutes ago 😅)

Although I think I do have a way that I still can be a thorn on LoD's side, without full on engagement.

 

My character, Alexander Rookstone, is a brilliant detective. He could be sent alone to Genessaris, going from one place to another and just happen to pass by Wicker Town. Would you be interested if he stumbled upon the town, curious of it's reputation of "the town of criminals" then get full on "stuck in the middle of a firefight" kinda shindig as he's caught in the middle of the takeover? No radio contact, no backup, fighting alone to escape the town while trying to gain as much intel as he can of the LoD.

 

Maybe even be able to meet/face Dredge face to face!

 

I had this idea before but I thought maybe you would've been interested in a complete army v army kinda thing, should've opened with this before 😄 

 

What do you think? I'm super interested in this concept and I'd definitely would love to rp with you.

Yeah that sounds great! That’s all good thank over here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dredge said:

Yeah that sounds great! That’s all good thank over here. 

Perfect!

Is there anything I should know for the rp coming ahead and about the LoD? Their weapons, their equipment, what intels they brings, etc"? 😄

Also, I know that they'll kill the crime lords and their extended families, but what of the "civillians" (other criminals in the town this case) in the town?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...