Image result for alternate scp symbolAudio log

Dr. Brett

Date: [ERROR]/[ERROR]/18 618

[DATA CORRUPTED]

[DATA CORRUPTED]

[DATA CORRUPTED]

[DATA CORRUPTED]

Log 5

"-is Doctor Brett, daily log. It's day... 5, since the incident. 

VCF has lost.

Valucre, has lost.

Facility-03 ceased sending signals by dawn, the last sentinel, our last hope is gone.

OS-01 has brought a mass exodus to CS-0001, only for the arks to be ripped apart before making it anywhere near the vortex.

I lost him, I lost my scott the other day. He pushed me to the sewers as one of them yanked him towards the skies. I closed my eyes but I could still hear his blood-curdling screams. The snap of his muscles, his bone cruched as his windpipe filled with his own blood. I ran, I didn't look back. I didn-....

[Doctor Brett would continue to sob for 15 minutes, where audible large footsteps could be heard above her. Repetitions of "We shouldn't have opened it" and "Why did we open it" continued for these 15 minutes]

Fuck this foundation, fuck this life. I can't live on like this, no one should either. That's why this exists, site-909.

CS-0078 is here, a temporal time manipulator; a time travel device. Organics can't travel back in time, but objects can. 

I'm going to send out a singal for anyone, anyTHING that can get me to site-800, 100 klicks from here. Best case, a group of survivors is willing to risk it all from this ever happening, erasing this line of time from ever existing.

Worst case, history repeats itself.

I'll continue these logs. If anyone finds these, I have failed. There is no hope.

Brett signing off."

-Log #5 of DR.Brett, found on site-800 roughly 2 km in a grassy field.

Note: No records exist of a DR.Brett exist, or of an active site-800 [defunct by orders of OS-01 25 years ago.]

As you've guessed, this is a time travel RP! 

I had a dream this morning, a rather unenjoyable nightmare. I was within a refuge centre, dark grey concrete with people packed in like sardines. We waited for rescue, it never came. Then we heard a loud thud. Then another. Another, and another. A poem was said, something related to being hungry. I can't remember what was said, but I do remember the roof being ripped off and large, grinning teeth and dark empty eyes staring at us, down like lunch. I ran, ran as fast as my legs could carry until I reached an abandoned apartment, and the nightmare ended. 
That feeling of desperation and helplessness, that's what I want to convey in writing. What I want to share with others, it's terrifying and thrilling ?

The idea is that the VCF opened pandora's box, CS-0666, and unleashed hell on Valucre. Gigantic man-eating monsters roam the lands. Hounds of hell scorch the grounds. Gigantic winged creatures bring down all that tries to fly, and amphibious abominations destroy all those that set sail.
Major civilizations have fallen, VCF has fallen as well. 

Dr.Brett is within Site-909, with CS-0078. Her goal is to head to Site-800 where pandora's box was opened and retrieve it. Send it back to the past, along with a warning, evidence and CS-0078 itself.

She can't do it alone, she needs anyone's help, anything.

In this future, nothing will be certain. If you join, your quest will be based on luck. In 100 km, anything can happen. Shambling zombies feasting upon your body, titans with soulless eyes munching on your corpse, your body seared alive by inferno hounds, anything is possible and nothing is safe. Some WILL die, some will perish. Some will have to sacrifice themselves, and some will lose.

But it doesn't matter.

As long as Dr Brett finishes her mission and sends back a warning to the past, then we all win. The future is prevented, the disaster is averted. All thanks to you (In the future of course). ? 

So who's in? Keep in mind, this is 20 years into the future. You can make an entirely new character or use an existing character who may have survived the first 5 days.

Will be fun I hope ? I rarely try to be a GM, so this'll be sort of a new thing for yours truly.

cannot.. resist........ I love apocalypse RPs. It's also time for me to get back into the swing of things on Val. Sign me up! ?

A question, are the characters meant to be vanilla humans, or can they bring with them some powers? I'll probably have a new character, or use an existing character as if like they're in an alt universe. (maybe change their name as well...) 

This is so COOL!! I'm getting flashes of X-Men days of Future Past with a tinge of attack in titans.

Though, it does create an interesting time paradox. If you send Pbox back in time, are there now 2 boxes thus making the future potentially twice as bad? Can there actually be two identical entities together? 

Also, I rarely see this theory of time travel used. Usually it's time traveling create alternative timelines or that the future is cement so time travel doesn't actually change results, just the method (basically Endgame lol which, ironically is technically in the same universe as Days of Future Past but I ignore that for consistency sake haha). Haven't seen the one timeline theory in a while!

Idk if I have time, depends when u start, but I'd certainly like to join in any capacity I can. Preferably with Lilith doing mean Lilith things. 

1 hour ago, Ataraxy said:

Though, it does create an interesting time paradox. If you send Pbox back in time, are there now 2 boxes thus making the future potentially twice as bad? Can there actually be two identical entities together? 

Also, I rarely see this theory of time travel used. Usually it's time traveling create alternative timelines or that the future is cement so time travel doesn't actually change results, just the method (basically Endgame lol which, ironically is technically in the same universe as Days of Future Past but I ignore that for consistency sake haha). Haven't seen the one timeline theory in a while!

Fun(ny) fact, all three methods are canon in Star Trek. Which makes no sense, but Star Trek makes no sense, so yeah. ?

But just to clarify, there will be no character time-traveling, am I right? These are all characters from the future timeline, who are just trying to send an object back in time to warn the present. After this thread, none of those future characters will appear/be relevant again.

Sign me up. I get to come back to see a Sanny VCF thread set ahead in time. I'm down but I'm bringing someone back from my days of old. 

@Sanonymous here's a question though. If we use a character that would be alive 20 years in the future, we could safely assume they'd be much stronger or at the very least much more experienced at their skills.

7 minutes ago, SteamWarden said:

here's a question though. If we use a character that would be alive 20 years in the future, we could safely assume they'd be much stronger or at the very least much more experienced at their skills.

Don't forget to factor in that your future pc has survived all the stuff that happened in the past...