Akiris

OOC Nightmare Descends 2:4B - Before the bell trolls

54 minutes ago, zackrobbman said:

@EpicRome23 Yo, Tim had seven HP?

Wait, Vald got that just now from killin' Freddy?

Technically, he had that at the end of last round. Going back and counting the damage ticker, Tim lit up Fredrick and Vlad finished him. So I had to edit that in. Fortunately, the players involved paid better attention than me on that account and it didn't lead to a snafu.

Tim has [+2] which allows it to treat all numerical values as +2 higher. It's up to the player to apply them though.

20 hours ago, Akiris said:

Technically, he had that at the end of last round. Going back and counting the damage ticker, Tim lit up Fredrick and Vlad finished him. So I had to edit that in. Fortunately, the players involved paid better attention than me on that account and it didn't lead to a snafu.

Tim has [+2] which allows it to treat all numerical values as +2 higher. It's up to the player to apply them though.

Gotcha.

So, before I do anything, I wanna actually make sure I have things clear:

Tim, Barristan, Junia, Charlie and Challara are all the Hollow, and Fredrick was but he just killed Tim and therefore is "unhollow" again.

The only member of Team Twistling that is not hollow is Vlad, who is at 2/5 now thanks to Charlie being somewhere between a SPY and an incompetent MEDIC. 

Soryn is either at 2/5 or 5/5 HP depending on if you ask P.N.See or Dolor, and my characters are at 2/5 as well.

Is this right? I am honestly having trouble keeping up with every action that is taken and what everyone is at as a result of it. 

Edited by Tyler

Let me try and clarify as best as I can/understand the situation?

Tim was "unhollow" as of the start of this round after killing/Hollowing Charlie and Challara in the previous.

I think Freddy is technically still hollow until the end of this round, though that is a question/clarification for Akiris.

Your third statement is mostly correct, however Vlad does have a +2 after finishing off Freddy that is at P.N. See's discretion to apply to HP or not. If he does, it's 4/7 including Charlie's heal, though he can only operate with 2 actions as of the start of the round HP of 3.

Both are at 2/5 due to Tim's area attacks, there was some confusion regarding Freddy's area defense(s), which didn't actually apply until this round. P.N. See's health totals are the accurate ones with the exception of those Hollowed in the last round (that is, Frederick, Charlie, and Challara)

@Tyler

Edited by EpicRome23

I understand from posts above Vlad does have 2 actions. There's question though: Tim's HP is now 0 according to last attacks. Meanwhile, Vlad has Repair skill (which is useful) and 2 stacks of Mass Healing (which is far more useful). Can I "heal" Tim in this case (along with Vlad) or Tim is now f.u.b.a.r.? (I'm not against the latter, mind you.)

(The thing in question being clarified was a thing I asked for clarification on. It was as follows, in case you don't want to click the link lol: "I was under the assumption that getting dropped to 0 HP forfeited further actions in the turn.")

So far as I can tell this is the official, immutable, 0 HP = ded ruling. GM fiat like Akiris' Hollow mechanic is able to circumvent this temporarily for narrative purposes I would presume, but as of this round said mechanic has been nulled and it has been stated that "dead is dead" at this point.

Therefore, it looks like Tim is going to the Shadow Realm joining Ilene and Ed in the actual camp. Where he... still can't move. That's going to be interesting.

Edited by EpicRome23

*Is washing a car at work. Thinking about the RP when I realize that Charlie didn't net the kill and become un-hollowed because technically Tim has 7 health instead of five if he so chose to apply the buff to his health.*

Before you guys read this, just know that my overall goal as a player is to keep as many people alive as I can, maybe getting that "zero-sum game" Akiris mentioned in the second riddle. ( @P.N.See I hope your goal is the same.😅)

So Charlie is still hollow, and it makes sense why @EpicRome23 automatically assumed and acted as if Vlad chose to apply the +2 buff to Tim's health. It seems I have been struck by a smooth criminal.   😏

So now I wonder, @Akiris, since I assumed he had five health because nothing was said otherwise, am I able to go back and change my post to use a skill to notch off those two hit points I didn't know he chose to have? (And still don't know) Or @P.N.See, could I ask you if you chose to apply that plus 2 Buff to Tim's HP? The answer to that question kinda decides, to be perfectly honest, whether or not a machine dies, or a human dies. And if it winds up being a human, I got a pretty good idea of who everyone is gonna pick on. 😓 Or not. Since it looks like everyone's trying to kill Vlad. Not sure why either, since I don't even  think the SQUAAAAAAD is hollow? You didn't die last round, right @Tyler? So why would you be hollow and in need of friendly blood ey'?🤨

Sadly, though, a bunch of people have already posted, and I'm not sure how the choice would affect everyone. If Charlie does get allowed to land that final blow however, it leaves Freddy Hollow and in need of some help. But that also begs the question of whether or not Tim just returns to +1 after being killed? @Akiris Cause then he would essentially have a second life with a possible full bill of 6/6 HP, which would be bad. I could help with that, but it'd still be bad.  Also, if Vlad doesn't decide to have 4/7 HP and doesn't negate his own death at the hands of Melanie, would his killer get a +1 while he still keeps his +1?

Edited by zackrobbman

20 minutes ago, zackrobbman said:

*Is washing a car at work. Thinking about the RP when I realize that Charlie didn't net the kill and become un-hollowed because technically Tim has 7 health instead of five if he so chose to apply the buff to his health.*

So Charlie is still hollow, and it makes sense why @EpicRome23 automatically assumed and acted as if Vlad chose to apply the +2 buff to Tim's health.   😏

So now I wonder @Akiris, since I assumed he had five health because nothing was said otherwise, am I able to go back and change my post to use a skill to notch off those two hit points I didn't know he chose to have? (And still don't know) Or @P.N.See, could I ask you if you chose to apply that plus 2 Buff to Tim's HP? The answer to that question kinda decides, to be perfectly honest, whether or not a machine dies, or a human dies. 😅 And if it winds up being a human, I got a pretty good idea of who everyone is gonna pick on. 😓

Sadly, though, a bunch of people have posted, and I'm not sure how the choice would affect everyone.

I don't choose to apply any + buffs. That's all on the players. I'm assuming Epicrome is hedging on that if Vlad/Tim does post they'll for sure apply the +2. Or they might not. Who knows?

Crits could still take place if he doesn't post. We won't know who's victorious until the dust settles at the last moment.

Healing won't do any good if a character has already taken enough damage to hit zero. But the point where defensive actions become worthless has not yet arrived. Who knows what could happen?

Sentries do get a notation on the TF2 killfeed when destroyed. So why not? Granted, if the stationary gun or the competition over Vlad isn't your thing..... There are viable targets for unhollowing yourself apart from those two. Feel free to consider them. Sooner, later, in a last minute post right before the round ends.... 

Post order is time posted or time of edit. Whichever is later. Feel free to do as you please until the curtain closes on this final round.

On 3/13/2020 at 6:20 PM, EpicRome23 said:

am I allowed to redirect the attacks previously aimed at Timsince Charlie was a filthy kill-stealer after the fact? Or do those just hit thin air and those actions are wasted?

You have the time to go back and change your post! BUT...I expected Tim to still have a plus one after dying, so uhhh....seeing as it didn’t happen that way...we’ll...

I’m starting to feel bad. Especially since our DM said that the posts can’t be changed. Uhhh...who would you redirect those attacks against if you had the chance? 

Edited by zackrobbman

The "+"es are more stat boosts than they are extra lives

if they worked like you apparently think they do, Freddy would still be un-hollowed come the start of this last round, but at 1/+0/neutral.

but as it works Vlad killed Freddy to get +2, getting +1 from the kill and the +1 Freddy had gotten earlier

Tim blasted Charlie and Challara, but starting at "0" due to previously being hollowed, also ended up at +2 instead of +3. And thus the +2 transfers to Charlie from him earning the kill. No extra lives mechanic or dropping a "tier" upon death. 0 HP = ded, and as of this round, ded = ded and not Hollowed.

since past posts are supposedly locked and defenses/healing are no longer applicable as of today, it's not the end of the world if I can't redirect the "wasted" attacks on Tim

It just means I have to slash down one of either the Norks or Soryn via the special Hollow ability granted to Freddy's group in order to become unhollowed now 👀

with redirecting the attacks I'd probably hit Vlad and follow up with the sacrificial attack actions in order to seal the deal. it reneges on the "saving vengeance for later" premise of my last post, but that premise was made on the assumption of the Subversors sealing the deal on Tim.

so it's no longer fucking canon.

Edited by EpicRome23

@EpicRome23

Well, you have the personal actions. I suppose you could pick them from the squads list, or the master list. There's some player created skills on there.

If nothing meets your fancy, a (dubiously) heroic sacrifice skill will just have to be created. Run it by Jaist. You are allowed to do this.