Akiris

OOC Nightmare Descends 2:4B - Before the bell trolls

to be fair, since defense/healing is null at this point, there was nothing you could have done. Except for, I suppose, dunking Freddy with an Advanced Buff attack to one-shot him with your last action, for no gain other than knocking him out of play.

I also intended to leave Vlad be, honestly, but, uhh-

OOC-wise, entirely blame @zackrobbman for editing in the Advanced Buff to steal the Tim kill.

IC-wise, it's up to interpretation whether that was legiterally Neque egging on Freddy, or some Yh'mi-aligned entity that deliberately screwed with him to egg on inter-party conflict.

Yup! d3 for the extent of injury and d10 to determine what is affected. 

Also, everyone please give a status update on your characters (alive or dead, HP, special skills left)! This also lets me see who is active for the last part of this arc. The last part will not be long, but we do have to wait for @EpicRome23's realm to end first. 

@Dolor Aeternum @P.N.See @Fierach @Tyler @notmuch_23 @zackrobbman

Frederick York (accompanying Subversors, i.e. Bors and Oswin, have fallen in the line of duty.)

HP: 7/7

Sanity: 7/7

Special Skills: Passive Defense (4/3 uses), Area Defense (5/3 uses), Counter-Attack (4/1 uses)

1 minute ago, notmuch_23 said:

Challara's dead, and I'll use that to leave this arc, because I pretty much checked out of this event in favor of more things with the Singlances.

Thanks for joining us here, notmuch! It has been a pleasure. All the best with the Singlaces!

1 minute ago, EpicRome23 said:

Frederick York (accompanying Subversors, i.e. Bors and Oswin, have fallen in the line of duty.)

HP: 7/7

Sanity: 7/7

Special Skills: Passive Defense (4/3 uses), Area Defense (5/3 uses), Counter-Attack (4/1 uses)

Wow, Frederick is in super saiyan mode! 

Vlad Nassar

Specials: Mass Healing 0/3, Counter-Attack 0/3, ADV Buff 2/3

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Terran Minigun Turret ("Tim")

Specials: Mass Attack 3/3, Area Defense 3/3 (those were reset by Hollow status)

4 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Yup! d3 for the extent of injury and d10 to determine what is affected. 

Also, everyone please give a status update on your characters (alive or dead, HP, special skills left)! This also lets me see who is active for the last part of this arc. The last part will not be long, but we do have to wait for @EpicRome23's realm to end first. 

@Dolor Aeternum @P.N.See @Fierach @Tyler @notmuch_23 @zackrobbman

@Fierach was active for 2/5 rounds. I doubt he's still involved.

Jack Murray + SQUAAAD (Scoot, Chief, Melanie)

HP: 2/5

Sanity: 5/5 (I do not understand this number in this context...)

Special Skills: Area Attack (2 uses) | Counter-Attack (0 uses) | Mass Rally (3 uses)

Soryn Savedo

HP: 5/5

Sanity: 5/5

Special Skills: Mass Rally (2 uses), Counter Attack (1 use), Advanced Buff (3 uses)

Celene P.U.D.

HP: 5/5

Sanity: 5/5

Special Skills: Area Defense (Defensive Protocol)(1 use), Advanced Buff (Expend Resources)(2 uses), Mass Rally (1 use)

13 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

Thanks for joining us here, notmuch! It has been a pleasure. All the best with the Singlaces!

Wow, Frederick is in super saiyan mode! 

Frederick surely is the greatest knight that ever lived... and died... but lived again.

So I should probably explain the name. Part of which 'the bell' was the abrupt end of the realm. It needs to flow into what should be the end of what I think Supernal is calling an epic arc over in chat. That, and it's legit realm 3. I did my best to keep the timetables in place. I did stumble a bit, but that was because I was wracking my brain on how to keep the 'trolls' section true and rolling.

I'll put it in this spoiler, just in case you want to guess first. Other than the Crit Rule that was in place due to two realms of stress over AFK teammates. Seeing them post other places without even a 'hey I'm dropping out' was a bit of a slap to the face. What I upheld in Before the Bell Trolls was.....

Spoiler

Do no direct HP or Sanity damage to the players.

YOU SEE THIS HOLLOW!? THIS IS HOW YOU RUN A REALM WITHOUT SPEWING OUT NEEDLESS DAMAGE BY GIMPING PLAYERS SKILLS ON THE FLY.

I had to scrap a bunch of stuff when round two ended and at least half my players were arriving maimed. A combat realm was straight out, because that ran the risk of the HP and SAN maimed folks that came from Bloodsport underperforming due to no actual fault of thier own. I mean, getting attacked right out of the gate when you have 2 HP and 0 SAN is just not fair.

So I took this realm in a bit of a different direction.

The challenge of the push door.

The challenge of grudging tolerance.... Which went off the rails and prevented me from needing to think up three more challenges. I mean, I was wondering if someone would think, "would an assisted suicide work?" Now I normally wouldn't say that's a solution, but this is the land of paranoia and nightmares.

So you could say the variant challenge for round three was the ultimate trust exercise that ended up not happening.

But yeah, it's been a while since I've done any team evil stuff. Which is debatable due to everyone switching sides after one  conversation with the supposed big bad.