SteamWarden

Quest - Construction of Blaze Estate [Port Kyros]

Day 1 - Morning

The day for the construction of Blaze Estate has finally arrived. Many hours of paperwork, more hours of gathering supplies and surely many more hours that will come with the process of building. Gathering her crew, which hauled the building materials, Sylvis walked through the Port City and looked around at the city. For once in her life she was finally going to slow her career of pirating and build a permanent home for herself. 

Arriving at the land on the hill, Sylvis admired the land in the pure, untouched state it stands at currently. The land was fairly large, being the entire hill and the surrounding empty land. A smile appeared as she was happy to see the location of her future home. Turning to her crew she waved her hand. 

"Alright men. You remember the plans! Do what I told you and the pay from the next shipment is all yours. Aquila and I will oversee that the construction. Now get a move on!"

A collective "Aye!" sounding throughout the crew as they began going to work. With a smirk the captain turned to her first mate and spoke quietly. 

"How many days will it take to finish the construction?"

Aquila looked at the plans for the house and paused for a few minutes to think before slowly coming up with a shrug. Uncertainty. That was the answer the captain looked for. 

Edited by SteamWarden

Day 1 - Mid Afternoon

Watching the crew work, Sylvis slowly grew bored standing and doing nothing. It was very irritating for a person who thrives on being productive to just stand and watch others be productive. Taking off her hat and jacket she walked towards the crew and started to help them out. She knew this would be tedious work but luckily for her all the usual materials that would take days to finish could be dealt with by some simple magic. 

Before arriving at the foundation, she grabbed the staff from her first mate and pointed the floating gem towards the ground. A quick flick of her wrist and the gem lit up with a purple energy and hit the ground, purple magic flooded the area. With the ground now prepped for actual construction, the time to build the home would go about much quicker with a crew of twenty-five. Tossing the staff back to Aquila, Sylvis walked with the crew to the building materials and began transporting the tiles and wood.

Day 1 - Late Afternoon

As the few hours went by, the house slowly started to become a proper shell of what the house was to become. Wiping the sweat from herself, Sylvis walked to Aquila and spoke to her. 

"How long now, Aquila?"

The young elf shrugged once more. "Maybe two days if we get more of the crew. Twenty-five of them can't get it done in the time you're hoping for." She reached into her bag and pulled out a rolled up paper, handing it to the her captain's parrot only to fly off towards the docks. "Shiller will get more of the crew here by sundown."

Day 1 - Past Sundown

With the sun resting finally and the moon starting to wake, Aquila posted lights above the house via her staff. Arriving from the ship was another twenty-five pirates from the crew who saw the others still working and joined them after a quick explanation from Aquila. By this point of the construction, the shell of the house was finally being brought into shape and the basement was just starting to be dug out. The crew worked with little break, no more five men on their break, but Sylvis purposefully pushed herself harder than the crew knowing how much they have done already. 

In the background was stone being broken, wood being sawed, nails being hammered, magic flowing through the air and talk among the crew about the captain. An occasional whisper here, a murmur over there. The sounds of talking annoyed Sylvis to the point she shot a runic overload on the side of the hill, rocks breaking and falling down to the waters. 

"Shut it! More work, less talk!"

A collective aye sounded from the crew and the night went on with more and more work. The house shell was finally fully completed, both first and second floor, the roof not yet started and the basement partially hollowed. With a heavy sigh Sylvis whistled for the crew to head out for the night while she stayed and looked around. The house was coming along the way she wanted and it pleased her. Soon she'll finally have the house she designed.

Day 2 - Early Morning

As the sun rose, Sylvis had begun her work at the home. Already in the basement she had posted lights via Aquila's staff and begun charging her runes. Having finished her workout to get her adrenaline coursing through her, she held her arms out and began blasting runic spheres at the raw stone, shaping the blasts to not affect the ceiling above. After many blasts the basement was shaped the way she desired it to be and left the basement, panting from the exhaustion and physical strain she put herself through. 

After an hour her crew had arrived and began working on the roof and fixing the inside of the house, placing the rooms and walls in the specified locations. Looking at her first mate, Sylvis huffed and composed herself just enough to get out a question. "Can we hire someone with opening a cave down below? I can't keep doing this myself." Watching Aquila nod in response and then run off back towards town, the runic elf smiled and lied down to take a nap.

QKMzDHE.jpgJade was a pirate.

But not just any pirate.

A space pirate.

And like any self-respectable (or deplorable) pirate, she was all about the money.

You see, some wise-cracking wannabe alien Rockstar jacked her ship and then—the nerve—crashed it like it was his to crash! What nerve. Nerve!

To make matters worse—it stranded her here. Sure, she had a new ship—a smuggling airship of all things sure. She had her own dashing crew—if the crazed ravings of an old lady counted as such.

But Kyros was rich and rife with economic opportunities!

Jade could practically feel the money raining down into her lap! The best buyers in the city begging her to buy their materials so that when she flew her ship out of there and they could brag about helped make it so.

But now? Now there was a problem.

Other pirates were moving in on her turf! Bù hǎo!

More pirates meant more crowding.

More crowding meant less opportunities.

Less opportunities meant—you guess it!

Less. Money.

Jade tossed the oblong shape up in her palm, eyeballing the structure growing before her eyes. She had seen the owner. Tch! Some runt ran past her and Jade twirled, lugging an egg at the back of their head. It missed, and she swore profusely. What a waste! They were none the wiser to be the target of her failed attempt.

Instead, Jade let loose on the shell of a home, throwing a whole dozen of eggs. 

“GET OUT OF MY CITY AND STAY OUT!” She bellowed. It wasn’t the most mature thing she’d ever done, by far.

Sylvis napped soundly while her crew worked on her house until something wet yet hard had landed on her. Jerking awake, she felt whatever it was that landed on her and looked back at her house as the cracks sounded. Eggs. "My house... is being egged." The bellow of an angered individual sounded in distance and she sighed.  Motioning for her first mate to go check whoever caused the slight damages, she stood up and cleaned the egg off herself. "A delay. How lovely." She looked about the shell of the house and began helping the fellow pirates clean up the eggs.

'What kind of person eggs a house? Especially one that's not even built yet?'

“Hey! Hold still, just—stop that! Stop that!!

But Jade wouldn’t listen. She danced around the woman that came to reprimand her and she wasn’t going to have it! She crushed an egg against the other's face (and there was something mildly satisfying about it), runny yolk and egg white dripping like slime from the tip of her nose and chin.

“Tell your employer to get lost! We don’t need more pirates in this city. It’s not big enough for the both of us!

“Lady—if you don’t stop, I will contact the local authorities. I will have you forcibly removed?”

Jade laughed—a deep and hearty laugh—and launched another egg at the house. It was too well timed as a crewman stood—it cracked against their head, too. Jade howled and danced and dodged around the woman.

“Is that a question? You, a pirate, calling the authorities on me? A pirate?! HAA!” It was too rich. Still, she was curious, “Who is it, anyway? Is he ugly? Does he have a blue beard? Ten wives? Are you his wife?" Jade asked, mockingly mystified, "Surely he can do better!” The first mate was clearly trying to bar her from trespassing, but Jade was still dancing and dodging around her to get a closer look, “Miss! You cannot go any furt—.” Jade socked the woman in the nose and dropped her.

Gǔn dàn! You talk too much!” Dropping the few remaining eggs, Jade went further on the property to see what other kind of menace she could be to the would-be owner.

Edited by Malintzin

Aquila hit the ground, egg on her face, holding her nose and watched the pirate head onto the property. "No no no!" Quickly she scrambled to her feet and hurried to the captain. With a sigh she eventually gave up and went to go clean herself off from the sticky, slimy egg off her face. "Hope the captain gets pissed."

Sylvis hears the eggs crack and hit her pirates and she couldn't help but pulling out her pistol and walking towards the direction they came from only to be greeted by the culprit who threw them. An attractive, yet very much rude, woman who also reeked of pirate. 'Fun.' Aiming her pistol at the ground in front of the pirate, she fired off a shot. "Either you get the fuck off my property, let me finish my house, and we go on our merry way or..." She tossed her pistol down, having fired the single shot, and grabbed another, aiming it. "...I shoot you for damaging my house, pay off the fines, and go back to finishing my house. Oh and trust me money is not a problem." The elf stood there holding her ground and the stare in her eyes showed she would rather shoot the intruder for trashing her house and hitting her first mate.

A woman! It was a Lady Captain! Even worse!

Jade played it cool. She didn't advance, but she didn't retreat. Instead she hissed through her teeth, clicking her tongue in disbelief,  "Aiya...This port ain't big enough for the two of us! I don't need some knife-eared upstart stealing my thunder--or anything else for that matter." Jade tried to match the Captain's cool composure. She shifted on her left--or did it look better from her right? 

Jade cocked her hip out awkwardly and flicked her hair back dramatically--while she thought she was giving a menacing, smoldering gaze, was squinting hard at the other woman with pouted lips.

She looked a damned fool, but she'd own it.

"You should definitely just leave quietly!" It was clear she wasn't local. Not with the strange way her head was half-shaved, or the slant of her eyes and her high cheek bones and tanned skin. Those were the old Welander looking features from the Terrenus of old. Still, she was not even from Valucre's world--yet here she was, shooing elves out of the city shamelessly.

"I won't judge you if you give up and take off now. Why should I even let you do business 'round these parts?!"

'This woman is nuts. Is she really... did she just call me a knife-eared upstart?' Sylvis stared at the pirates posture and noticed how she acted and... started laughing. 'Oh by the gods she's just an immature child.' As she laughed the captain holstered her gun and turned away. 'The least I can do is treat her like one.'

"You're funny I'll give you that. 'Knife-ear' isn't original but being called an upstart is. I don't blame you though for not knowing. You're probably all about the fame and fortune that comes with being a pirate and looting treasures and blah-de-fucking-blah. I wouldn't be surprised if you let people survive just to tell the tale of how they were attacked by some headstrong pirate all to cause panic and disorder throughout the area." She pointed behind the house and towards the other side of the cliff down by the docks. "Don't need to make a name for myself when all captains understand what a red flag means on a ship like mine."

Sylvis turns around and smirks. "Now piss off, go find an inn, I hear there's one with a stable, and go drink from the trough to clean your disrespectful mouth with." As she finished her worded assault she leaned forward and waved her off as if she was shooing away a fly. An annoying, buzzing fly that refuses to leave.

Edited by SteamWarden

"Suit yourself, lady!"

Jade pulled a pack of smokes from her back pocket and slipped the stub of one between her lips, mumbling quietly to herself. A match was struck, lit and the tip burned as she pulled a drag. She huffed and hmphed and fished around in her other back pocket, pulling a  fob out and pressing the button. A beacon shot up into the sky, though Jade wasn't looking at it as she flicked the cherry off her cigarette and flicked it into the elf's would-be yard.

The distant roar of thrusters rumbled in the air as her ship Stormcutter hovered into view.

The ship has an plain, narrow hull and a raised quarterdeck carved with runes. It was no dinghy, but it certainly wasn't frigate material, either. She was durable and swift--though its technical position as a freighter didn't make it the fastest. It could fly, it could swim. It was good enough. The ship's chief mate was a ornery old hag who refused to give her name out of sheer paranoia. Everyone else that crossed paths with her called Tsu Niao. Jade suspected that Niao was paranoid because she was obsessive over legends of an obscure, sunken city--but Jade also reasoned the old woman probably lost her mind. Still, she was brilliant on the water and they were crotchety together.

Jade only switched the beacon off when Tsu Niao hovered overhead. Dirt, sand and debris kicked up furiously and shielded her eyes to see a glint of silver flashing. 

The harness dropped and Sabine slipped a foot in the stirrup and grabbed on. Up, up and away they traveled as Jade was reeled up to the ship. Tsu Niao was holed up in the cockpit, but Jade had other plans as she manned the gun well. A hatch was opening as she got comfortable, swiveling in her seat. Switches were flipped. The proper adjustments were made.

Jade pulled the scope down after a long pause, her lips still pursed as though she were still taking a drag. She began humming to herself nonchalantly while the autocannon began to fire up at her command.  Leaning forward, the pirate murmured quietly with an eye on the crosshairs. She adjusted her aim and counted down.

"Three, two, one..." The trigger was pulled.

Something unceremoniously dropped into the ocean, not far from Sylvis' ship. There was a shudder after a long moment.

"...TAKE US UP, NIAO!" Jade bellowed before slouching. She wanted to watch and see what would happen. Stormcutter's incline gradually changed as the ship began to climb in altitude.

Sylvis witnessed the ignorant pirate call her ship, boarding it. Stepping on the cherry from her cigarette, Sylvis sighed and put her hand in her pocket, thumbing the necklace she acquired awhile back. The hatch opened and when Jade aimed her gun towards the docks, the elven captain smiled and put her fingers to her mouth, whistling loudly. 

Slowly making her way to the back of the property, she sat down on the edge and watched as the water rippled. The giant sea leviathan that was once the Renovation god Aquarius, came from the water and protected the ship and it's crew from whatever Jade shot nearby. Along with anyone and anything else it needed. The giant sea serpent didn't surface much but it made it's presence known.

Looking up at Jade, Sylvis smiled and waved at her. "As I was saying, and this time I'll say it nicely. Leave my property and don't come back unless you plan to apologize else I'll introduce you to Aquarius." The captain stood there, waiting for a response before she'd go back to her business.