Metty

[Artifact] Chasing the Blade of Flames

Kurush blinked at the face that met his, taken aback by so many scars. Then, he looked past all the scar tissue, and realised what he saw was simply(?) a woman, and one who... had an effect on him? He felt nice, but it didn't feel like a crush. More like the headache he might have developed from the knock was just... gone, before it even truly developed.

"Just... fine..." He muttered to himself, trying to make sense of it. It seemed like it had started with her whistling, so maybe...?

His train of thought stopped, when he realised that he recognised the next voice. His head turned, realising it to be none other than, "Khaki?"

No sooner than had he realised this, the first woman suddenly called him, and one must quote, 'this shit', which removed much of the regard he might have had for her a moment before. Incensed into standing, the young man hopped to his feet, and quickly took a few steps back, which allowed him to realise that there was actually a third to their number.

...was Khaki in a cult, or something?

"Is this a cult, or something?" Kurush spoke his mind rather frankly, a sense which only grew when the apparent leader of this group made mention of an 'artefact' that the image coming off some rich sap's his gemstone. He clasped his hand over it, blocking the image from sight within his palm. "Well that sounds fun, but I best be going, so-urgh!"

He tried to go left, only to be yanked back by a sudden grabbing of his arm. Something... kicked in at that point, twice there being such an intrusion into his private space. Even as his body lurched back from the grip upon his jacket, his arm pulled forward, lurching in ways that should have been far more uncomfortable than any simple knock to the head, to slip from the sleeve as he himself spun out from his own apparel, until each of them was holding a single sleeve of the well worn attire. 

"Lady, I don't know what your problem is," Kurush snarled at her, with visible fangs, "But I'm not some 'dragonboy'. If you're wanting to be so touchy-feely, at least call me Kurush! Now let go of my coat!"

It was clear that without it, there wasn't much that made him look appropriately decent. His 'shirt' was clearly meant for a man several sizes larger, leaving it to hang mostly on the young man's lower torso, even with bountiful excess tucked into his trousers.

...Then, something, clicked.

"Hey, you!" He called out to the woman who looked sorta like Khaki, but a noticeable degree older. "You said something about an 'artefact' right? That this was connected to?" He asked, with the chain of the necklace now wrapped around his fingers, the image of the sword shining upon several of the others as the gem itself spun with its slight momentum. "You paying for this sort of thing, or...?"

"Aaaaand my work here is done. Seeing that everyone is mostly acquainted with each other, there is no need for me to get involved any further. Khaki, Sera, I'll see once everything is done." When the white-haired woman was done speaking, her body would slowly disperse into white mist. The only thing left of her appearance would the snow white feathers that scattered on the ground she once stood, the objects must have fallen when she took her leave.

"Hey! You piece of shits, why are you here?" 

"What are you doing with dragonboy?" 

Sera sighed. It seems the little cunt hasn't learned her lesson yet. Bloody ungrateful little shit. Still, the scarred woman kept her temper in check as she regarded Arashi. "I'm trying to help this poor boy here. Not that you would ever fucking understand." @Metty

"Khaki?" "Is this a cult, or something?"

While Sera is engaged with Arashi, Khakina had to deal with Kurush. "Same old. Same old," came her bubbly reply despite her monotonous voice. it did not help that she had to make a peace-sign (v-sign, whatever) next to her eye. "The cute and adorable Khakina Khatun!"

"Hey, you!" "You said something about an 'artefact' right? That this was connected to?" "You paying for this sort of thing, or...?"

"Artifact? Yeah!" said Khakina as she twirled around. "As the cutest expert in most artifacts and trinkets and magical items and whatnot, I can see that you have been chosen by the artifact itself to lead you to where it is hidden." 

Then she paused as if she remembered something, her outstretched index finger mindlessly pressing against her pursed lips. "I guess we can pay for that..."

@Meraxa

Arashi paused for a second, looking over angrily at them. She looked mad as all hell after all as she just wanted to punch them in the face.

"Maybe I'd be grateful if you didn't follow me and appear everywhere I go. What's with that anyhow? Like how do you even know I'm there? You have some sort of Arashi sensor or something?" 

Arashi sighed. She was sick of them after all. They were always stalking her. No matter the weather or the place, probably even while in the shower they appeared. Arashi was often freaked out when they appeared as she thought she had crazy stalkers.

As she listened to Khaki, she turned to Kurush, looking annoyed. "If you weren't some sort of dragonboy, Kurush then why the heck do you have sharp teeth like mine?" Arashi said, smiling to show her visible sharp draconic teeth. 

"I know your denying it. I can sense it. If you don't believe me then ask yourself this. Can you do things a normal human can't do or they can do it but suffer injuries? Answer me that. That's how I found out I wasn't human and was a dragon instead." 

As Kurush asked Khaki about an artifact she looked rather angry. 

"...That's my sword. Actually. It's gonna be mine so I can slay some epic stuff with it. Kinda cool, don't you think?"

@Zashiii @Meraxa

"Maybe I'd be grateful if you didn't follow me and appear everywhere I go. What's with that anyhow? Like how do you even know I'm there? You have some sort of Arashi sensor or something?" 

Sera shrugged. "I don't fucking know. Call it serendipity or coincidence-"

"What do you mean stalking?" Khakina chirped in. "Me and Sera. We are everywhere. It's not like you are the only person we coincidentally meet. However, if you had any inkling of cuteness, I have no problem with stalking."

"Fucking chill, bitch!" came Sera's words. "We came for work and adventure, not for you." Then she pointed at Kurush's chest. "And that shit right there? That fucking screams adventure."

Well... that wasn't a clear answer on whether or not this was a cult, Kurush jotted down somewhere in a mental diary. As he also noted, however, Khaki quite quickly confirmed that this was indeed the image of some sort of artefact. Whether or not the bit about it 'choosing' him was accurate, he was more sceptical on that, and gave it a suspicious brow. She suggested pay as well, but was not firm on it. That suggested the possibility for a general exchange, of some sort.

"...They're natural! Live like a dog, get teeth like a dog!" He barked in answer to the woman interrupting his thoughts, and that claimed him to be some sort of 'dragonboy'. "And I'm not gonna answer the rest of that. I don't have to tell you anything!"

As if the spite wasn't strong enough, at the prompting of Khaki's companion - this 'Sera' - the boy proceeded to saunter up, lifting up the little gem to the prospective... employers? Would that be the word? Or perhaps partners...

"If you want this, then all I ask is that you get me off this island. Out into the wider world!" Kurush made a show of it, raising a hand towards the heavens above. "Away from my humble origins upon this isle..."

Kurush pulled the gemstone in, clasping it between his hands to ensure that no-one might try to take it from him.

"Oh yes, there's a wider world out there, waiting for a me. A place where I might find my true calling..." So the bit of theatre went on, pacing a bit about the place, until on habit he opened out his hands, as though opening them to the imagined possibilities. However, where the gemstone fell and hit his chest, he found the image it projected did little to resemble a sword at all.

It looked like two pieces of shit.

"...Ah, crud. I broke it."

"Seriously? Fine. I'll play ball with you, this time. I'm sorry for being such an aggressive shit towards you. I didn't realize that this was a mere coincidence..." Arashi paused for a second before turning to look at them. "...Well, you did save my life, so I guess I owe you that." Arashi wasn't usually like this sympathetic, but since they were telling the truth, she had no reason to otherwise. "Also, cuteness? I mean, Khaki, you are cute and all, you remind me of something called a loli...whatever that means..."

Arashi then went to growl at Kurush with her draconian teeth in full display at the dragon hybrid.

"You don't want to answer the obvious facts about yourself. You're missing the damn point kid. We're FREAKING DRAGONS." Arashi said with an angry look on her face. "What part of that isn't cool at all? Would you rather be stuck as a boring human instead?" 

As Kurush went to explain about wanting to visit places. Arashi interjected.

"...if you want to visit places, then I'm getting you new clothes, food and a shower first. No expections, I'm serious." 

Arashi than noticed Kurush breaking the gemstone only for her to facepalm and then somehow project what seemed to be a map.

"Hey, you actually helped." She inquired further for a second. "That's a goddamn map. Might actually help. Where it points to, I'm not sure. Khaki, Sera, you seeing this? Think you can help?"

"Fucking Solarljos," Sera spat. The woman's rather scholastic knowledge was a stark contrast to her rough and tough appearance. However, as an adventurer with quite a rather extensive background with regards to anything supernatural, it was expected of her.

"The fucking sword of sunlight," the scarred woman continued. "A blade forged for the High Lord of Light." Then she turned to Arashi. "A sister blade, similar to Baeoi. The Mistress would have been interested but some shitty unknown form of metaphysical force is stopping her and her organization from collecting more of these fucking high lord weapons. Sounds bullshit to me but the Mistress' would not mind Arashi owning Solarljos." 

Khakina, on the other hand, was silent as she approached Kurush. "Cute map," she giggled as she poked at the dude's chest. "You had more use as a map."

Kurush didn't answer this woman's suggestions about his and her being a dragon. The doubt was obvious enough on his furrowed brow, but there was a slow realisation of how... insistent upon this issue she should be, if they continued to discuss. So, simply put, he wouldn't. A task that admittedly got rather easy when, to his genuine surprise - breaking the stoicism with a stupor - she offered to... clothe him. Feed him. Wash him what.

"I-I mean... that would all be nice..." He confessed, before suddenly being taken aback by the entourage around Khakina explaining just what this sword business was all about anyway. The 'High Lord of Light' stuff kind went over his head as did whatever the heck a 'Baeoi' was, but that first bit... that sounded important. Sounded mighty, even.

Buuuut before he could get too puffed up about, Khakine was suddenly there, giggling as she prodded the young man's chest.

He may not have been so sure about being a 'dragon', but he was feeling warm for some reason, to be sure.

"I-I have plenty of uses!" He protested, before clamming as he realised how odd such a thing could sound. Following the suggestion that it was a map though, he removed the pendant from his neck, holding it in one hand while bringing up his other as a close surface for the so called map to project onto. "...what if they're islands?" He suddenly realised, and then looked up and around him, considering the location.

"Maybe... they're of these islands? I've never actually actually looked at a map though." He pondered, feeling like this couldn't quite have been right...

"Not mind me owning it? Fine by me then." Arashi said as she looked over at Sera. "Well, where do we go from here?" Arashi gave off a deep sigh as she looked around at Kurush, Sera and then back at Khaki. "Lack of direction doesn't help anybody I suppose." She shrugged her shoulders at what was going on. The dragon didnt have any clue at where to go for sure....that was until she saw the map...thing?

"Islands? Maybe...you have a point. This location does have islands...so why not start there?" Arashi looked across at Kurush. "You can carry our bags. Your demoted to bag carrier. First and finally, you do not set the boat or any form of transportation on fire or scare the locals. Are we clear on this?"

Sera frowned at Arashi. "More or less." Then she turned to Khaki. "What do you think?"

"An adventure sounds cute. Except we have no idea where to go," came Khaki's reply.

The two idiots turned to Kurush for answers but the man seemed a bit slow. Bored with waiting, Khaki and Sera settled on the ground instead. From her coat pocket, Khaki pulled out two flasks. As expected of Khaki, those were her personal bottomless flasks that were always filled to the brim with alcohol. It did not  take long for the two morons to start chugging down the booze while they waiting for new developments.

A set of armour walks in, his faint crackle and buzz echoes from every orifice of his head, no speech was heard but everyone can hear 

"This place, where am I?" 

He walks through the crowd of people, intimidating some with his towering height and ghastly faded blue light substitute of a pair of eyes.

"You people right there.... What are you up to?"

The armor points at a girl, sensing a racing heart reminiscent of excitement, as the only means of quenching his curiosity he pushes through

"Excuse me fair lady, what happened that excites you so much that your heart races?"

He offers one of his hands as an offer to a friendly handshake 

"I have no name.... Yet people call me Maelstrom, who are you?