Jotnotes

The Lengths We Go To

This is the OOC for The Lengths We Go To, and the space to put character sheets, ask questions out of character and whatever else may be necessary.

I would ask everyone involved to introduce their characters here with a link to their character sheet, and a small blurb about them. It can be as simple as 'They are just visiting Hyperion' or as complex as 'They are a warrior, come to Hyperion in order to try and pick up a contract with the local authority.' Up to you really, and there are no real requirements.

To answer a few questions we may have early on:

This thread will involve the party's efforts to help Eryel find her belongings, recover them, and then use her recovered wealth to finance an attempt to get her father medicine to save his life. It will involve elements of investigation, burglary, detective work and combat of varying kinds.

Everybody has a week to post, with the timer beginning for the next person immediately after the person before them posts. You can try and @ the person after you so that they know they can post, if you like. I will send out messages reminding folks if they have not posted by the 6th day waiting on them, and if we wait more than 7 days we will skip that person until they return.

I expect this thread to take some time to finish, and you are, of course, welcome to drop out at will, if something comes up, or it becomes impossible to continue. You should want to post with us because you're having fun, not out of obligation.

With that in mind, take some time to read the first post, and introduce your character to the scene when you are available. 

@vielle @Zashiii @Sanonymous @squid peanut @Peach 

Posted (edited)

Does Eryel have a character sheet yet?  How long have her and her father had a store in Hyperion and what does the store look like?

sorry to just jump in with questions.

Edited by squid peanut
Added essential stuff

1 hour ago, squid peanut said:

Does Eryel have a character sheet yet?  How long have her and her father had a store in Hyperion and what does the store look like?

sorry to just jump in with questions.

Questions are good! No worries!

Eryel will probably have a sheet by tomorrow, if I choose to make her one.

The two of them would have evacuated Ashville some time ago, when the thread that destroyed Ashville occurred (that is, the thread I did in Ashville) so she and her father have been in Hyperion for 'months'. I cannot say just how many, but months should be sufficient.

The store itself looks very much like a store you would find in a typical bazaar  with no real entrance, but rather an open face design, and many of products within arm's reach. Currently, the store is threadbare and uninspiring. No rugs,  wall decor or extra furniture to speak of, save for the chair Eryel sits on behind the counter.

Blurb: Following a brief jaunt to Aligoria, Andraste finds herself wandering the wildlands once more, and Hyperion proves to be a suitable location to stop by. She looks to increase her personal funds, which upon recent times has become depressingly low, and acquire whatever shiny things she can get her hands on along the way.

I'd like to post last, please! ?

Oops, I forgot a blurb.

Blurb:  Spear Thistle has been spending the last  month or two being a pest, a nuisance, and a boon to the people of Hyperion.  Rates of people getting splinters has gone up, privacy is being invaded, and bacon is vanishing mid meal.  No one has yet to realize that these are the acts of a fairy, as Spear Thistle has yet to reveal herself to people.  Even more Recently, Thistle has taken up residence in the home of Eryel and her dad.  Here Thistle steels food from them, but also is deeply invested in the family’s plight. fixing the sink, relocating rats to other residences, and mending worn down clothes

We seem to be missing quite a few first posts.

@Zashiii @Sanonymous @Peach  If you're still interested in participating, please try and get a post done within the next week or so, or at the very least give us a heads up, as to what's keeping you.

After a week, I will be moving on, regardless of who has posted. It would be a shame to leave some of you behind.

1 hour ago, squid peanut said:

so, @Jotnotes have Vielle or sanonymous said anything to you yet?

@viellementioned on Discord they would have a post up very soon.

I will give them until Monday to get theirs up, then we will move on without them.

I apologize for the slow start, all. It seems as though I caught people at a poor time for posting.

3 hours ago, Jotnotes said:

@viellementioned on Discord they would have a post up very soon.

I will give them until Monday to get theirs up, then we will move on without them.

I apologize for the slow start, all. It seems as though I caught people at a poor time for posting.

Yeah, sorry for the delay too! Got roped into an unexpected family trip as soon as I was about to write up the post. 🙈 Will post sometime today! 💖