Last Magician

Order for Holy Water

Public Notice: Request of Goods
Contacting: Any local church near Sidereal Lake that would be able to provide steady deliveries of water that was blessed or sanctified by a priest of their faith. Not a cleric, cannot do on own. To be used for sanctifying cloth. 

31 minutes ago, supernal said:

@Tyler directivists don’t bless water do they? 

I'm going to say no; however, Last Magician did say "near Sidereal Lake" which means they could hypothetically be contacting a church on the non-Plateau side of the lake, where you'd be more likely to find other religions. Does Gaianism use Holy Water? I would have pegged them as more likely to do so.

@Last Magician Is there any other information or context you can provide on this request?

4 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I'm going to say no; however, Last Magician did say "near Sidereal Lake" which means they could hypothetically be contacting a church on the non-Plateau side of the lake, where you'd be more likely to find other religions. Does Gaianism use Holy Water? I would have pegged them as more likely to do so.

@Last Magician Is there any other information or context you can provide on this request?

It does but if I thought it was something I could do myself I wouldn't be tagging you right?

Me magicking up a random church that happens to be nearby doesn't hold quite the same organically generated water as the fact that Directivists are set up in the exact region that LM is looking for. So I wanted to make sure and now I know

Edited by supernal

Yeah, I getcha. I was just offering suggestions on alternatives; I'm thinking Directivism is a lot more like Protestant Christianity where things like Holy Water or Blessed Relics and the like are not real common (Divine Artifacts directly from the Goddess are possible, but it's more the idea that the pastors don't "create" new blessed items), whereas something like Holy Water is much more like Catholicism which has a lot of blessed objects and the like. 

Edited by Tyler

On 1/8/2020 at 6:07 AM, Tyler said:

The OOC context is that it would be used as a prop as part of a story I'm involved in.

ICly, it would be more to the mark of "Blessed by a hirophant". I'm not asking for the tacit blessings of a deity, merely a priest of no particular denomination.  Any God will do. 
Still, if there is a church near by, I'd be more than glad to visit and have an IC interaction if that would make things more comfortable. Hell, I'd be willing to Quest for it. Or offer a commission of an item or something I could artifact up. Have Artificer, will Artifice.

Really, what is happening, just a mage investigating another mage's spellbook. It has to be opened, because that is the curse of being a mage: the ever longing for further occult secrets. Just in case I could end up harrowing a hell dimension. I want to at least have it as a prop. But ICly as well, my character studies magic and is "faithless as a rule" and it wouldn't make sense to just magic them up on his own. 

Amended Offer: 
1 Juli-land Funbuck good for one free commission of the wacky artificer or Quest for steady supply of holy water.

I'm not sure how many people play religious orgs. I play two! If no one else bites we can do something with Gaianism and if not, I have a tribe of giants that have a sort of insular religion who might be able to fit the bill

That said if the nature of the check is open so that people don't have to be part of the org, and can just accompany your character and be involved in some other way, it would open up more options. There are a lot more mercenary than priests and figure either one can be suited for your purposes but the mercenary may not see a clear road to that for themselves (unless I'm mistaken and you're only interested in priests/shamans/etc)