Groz'zar

Hello and new to the forums.

I did used to do a bit of role play but that was a good number of years ago. mostly in a chat engine, a bit from GURPS its kinda like D&D but point buy. its way more flexible then D&D though. I am looking for some friendly people to roleplay with and have posted a character i would want to play. 

Welcome to Val! I saw that you went ahead and created a character sheet, so fantastic first step 😄

What genres of roleplay are you interested in? By the species of your character I'm assuming something more like epic fantasy, but I could be wrong haha

Yeah i feel in the mood for fantasy though i am open to other role plays as well. as long as its not steampunk.... idk why it just never sat well with me. i mean the generic ones that go screw making sense or trying to. 

Lol fair enough. I'm not particularly big on steampunk either. Alita is as close as I usually get.

What kind of mentality does your character have? Cause just based on the description, I'm thinking he might fit in best with Genesaris or Reno. Gen tends to be more high fantasy while Reno is more dark fantasy with hints of syfy

he is reserved and has a mild distrust of those that use magic without thinking of what it does to others. seeing as his mother told him about the wizard that experimented on her.  he isn't hateful of magic he just doesn't trust people that abuse the crap out of it even a little.  he is kinda naive to social ques to a degree. he can talk to people he just doesn't get much practice at it very often. but hes traveling around a lot. kinda one of his side plots he keeps to himself for now about.  gen sounds like what i want to do. more low tech and high magic. 

4 hours ago, Groz'zar said:

he is reserved and has a mild distrust of those that use magic without thinking of what it does to others. seeing as his mother told him about the wizard that experimented on her.  he isn't hateful of magic he just doesn't trust people that abuse the crap out of it even a little.  he is kinda naive to social ques to a degree. he can talk to people he just doesn't get much practice at it very often. but hes traveling around a lot. kinda one of his side plots he keeps to himself for now about.  gen sounds like what i want to do. more low tech and high magic. 

Depends how low tech you’re aiming for. Gen also has airships, spell fueled motorcycles and some places tout sub machine guns 

Two places that come to mind for more medieval feel is Orisia, in Genesaris, and Ursa Madeum, in Fracture 

For orisia - @Pasion Pasiva

For UM - @Csl

Edited by supernal

Im..um..a tad bit late but I’d like to properly say hello and thank you for the permission to join this rp community! I’ve browsed a few places and so far you guys(and gals lol) are actually pretty dope I mostly rp a dark character that’s well the foundation of all that is fundamentally dark. He’s definitely not a run or the mill over the top character I’ve rped as him for almost 10+ years and I have developed him extensively. But I do have another character that I am looking to use if anyone is interested his name is Bane. He is a large and powerful lycanthrope that has the ability to change into a white werewolf. He wields a massive ax and his secondary weapon is a large chain with an iron ball on the end. However I have no rp to use him in so if anyone has any ideas then feel free to let me know...thanks and it’s nice to meet everyone! 

5 hours ago, Arifutonautilus said:

Im..um..a tad bit late but I’d like to properly say hello and thank you for the permission to join this rp community! I’ve browsed a few places and so far you guys(and gals lol) are actually pretty dope I mostly rp a dark character that’s well the foundation of all that is fundamentally dark. He’s definitely not a run or the mill over the top character I’ve rped as him for almost 10+ years and I have developed him extensively. But I do have another character that I am looking to use if anyone is interested his name is Bane. He is a large and powerful lycanthrope that has the ability to change into a white werewolf. He wields a massive ax and his secondary weapon is a large chain with an iron ball on the end. However I have no rp to use him in so if anyone has any ideas then feel free to let me know...thanks and it’s nice to meet everyone! 

Hi! Welcome to Val 🙂

if you're looking for a way to get your "dark" characters off the ground and are into that kind of roleplay, you might want to check this group out. Also, darker rps is what Renovatio excels at so definitely look out for upcoming interest checks for this kinds of threads!

On 2/7/2020 at 4:05 PM, Groz'zar said:

I did used to do a bit of role play but that was a good number of years ago. mostly in a chat engine, a bit from GURPS its kinda like D&D but point buy. its way more flexible then D&D though. I am looking for some friendly people to roleplay with and have posted a character i would want to play. 

Welcome to Valucre! Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about Ursa Madeum. ^_^

On 2/9/2020 at 12:07 AM, Arifutonautilus said:

If you two are looking for character interaction and not particular with a plot, you can actually go ahead and post an interest check in the Water Cooler (be sure to read the guidelines here)-- something along the lines of "here is my character, anyone want to interact with them?"

I have a friend who actually made an interest check with a similar concept (character-interaction based check, as opposed to plot-based) that you can check out here --> link

Hope to see you (both) around the site!