Agent Knockout

*Mila Rodino intensifies*

So, I am Agent Knockout (AgentKnockout), or to go with a more real name: Kris. I enjoy RP in general, especially as I am a patriot about my homeland and often have it as a part of a roleplay when it comes to characters and other references, often writing a significant amount of data about them, and recently I got notified of this site by a certain person, and now I am here.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     To be honest, I am not sure of what to expect, but I am sure it will be fun regardless. I will certainly enjoy writing a lot of posts, pages and paragraphs, especially on my more preferred topics. I will also enjoy the relative seriousness of the environment, that much I know. I will also feel pretty nervous at the beginning with all of the information and things I need to do, and that doesn't even include character information and tools for me, as I already have those.. now that I think about it, it is going to be quite time consuming, but also pretty rewarding when I am done with it.

So with that, glad I am here! (Yes, I am very bad at writing personal introductions, so for my own sanity's sake, I will end it right here.)

Edited by Agent Knockout

39 minutes ago, Agent Knockout said:

So, I am Agent Knockout (AgentKnockout), or to go with a more real name: Kris. I enjoy RP in general, especially as I am a patriot about my homeland and often have it as a part of a roleplay when it comes to characters and other references, often writing a significant amount of data about them, and recently I got notified of this site by a certain person, and now I am here.                                                                                                                                           To be honest, I am not sure of what to expect, but I am sure it will be fun regardless. I will certainly enjoy writing a lot of posts, pages and paragraphs, especially on my more preferred topics. I will also enjoy the relative seriousness of the environment, that much I know. I will also feel pretty nervous at the beginning with all of the information and things I need to do, and that doesn't even include character information and tools for me, as I already have those.. now that I think about it, it is going to be quite time consuming, but also pretty rewarding when I am done with it.

So with that, glad I am here! (Yes, I am very bad at writing personal introductions, so for my own sanity's sake, I will end it right here.)

Welcome to the site!

I have my country's national hero as my profile picture, I can feel you on the patriotism :^D

Don't feel overwhelmed by all the lore on the site! You can read the New Member's Guide for an overview of how things work here. But I agree, it's definitely rewarding getting settled in Valucre.

What kind of plots or genres do you like to write?

14 minutes ago, Csl said:

Welcome to the site!

I have my country's national hero as my profile picture, I can feel you on the patriotism :^D

Don't feel overwhelmed by all the lore on the site! You can read the New Member's Guide for an overview of how things work here. But I agree, it's definitely rewarding getting settled in Valucre.

What kind of plots or genres do you like to write?

I mean, I didn't particularly say writing stories. I mean giving detailed RP information on my most preferred topics. The best example that I can outright give is the gear and vehicles/tools for the character if they need a canonization process. I have no problem providing an extensive overview of the history, characteristics, and capabilities of that, and is something I quite enjoy doing, having made a fairly solid base to write them to begin with. I also sometimes get carried away while writing an action and send up making it several paragraphs longer than I need it to be. So the majority of the settling wouldn't be me having to make the lore; it would be me needing to insert it, as there is a lot to insert for just my character: From joining a scenario or a quest, to successfully bringing all of his preset gear(including the fact he is supposed to have an artifact, a ground vehicle, an aircraft, and one of his own airships, among other light gear in his base kit so the first roleplays are more comfortable and diverse ) in here through canonization is going to be the really time-consuming part.

Ohh, so you're more into worldbuilding? That's great. Valucre's a fantastic place for that.

As a note, you don't have to canonize an item to rp it on the site, as long as it sticks to Mild Powers. Canonization is optional, and you can have a fun thread without canonizing it. If your concern is canonizing the items and gear of an existing character, you can simply have them arrive in Valucre from another world (through the Vortex, for example)

User Lore's the place if you want to go ahead and post his character sheet ^_^

Oh, okay. I thought I had to, but I will still probably provide a detailed description of the items when I make the character lore and post it. I don't necessarily use fantasy items in a roleplay, but rather, I prefer using high tech gear with attention to realism and using real world references along with limited fantasy. Some of the most crucial gear for my character is infact, inspired by the real world, and specifically, Soviet gear, with my own unique approach to it's strengths and weaknesses, along with keeping in mind the real life ones, to avoid making a total fantasy and something incomparable. I also really like realism when it comes to using them. Obvious example is: If a shell can punch through several hundred millimeters of steel(RHA), then I don't expect a stone giant to withstand the hit from the shell. I expect it to get penetrated and probably destroyed unless there is something to either prevent the hit from occuring(such as a barrier, sometimes) or something that increased the thickness to more than the penetration..or a miss. There is nothing perfectly accurate, after all.

1 hour ago, Agent Knockout said:

Oh, okay. I thought I had to, but I will still probably provide a detailed description of the items when I make the character lore and post it. I don't necessarily use fantasy items in a roleplay, but rather, I prefer using high tech gear with attention to realism and using real world references along with limited fantasy. Some of the most crucial gear for my character is infact, inspired by the real world, and specifically, Soviet gear, with my own unique approach to it's strengths and weaknesses, along with keeping in mind the real life ones, to avoid making a total fantasy and something incomparable. I also really like realism when it comes to using them. Obvious example is: If a shell can punch through several hundred millimeters of steel(RHA), then I don't expect a stone giant to withstand the hit from the shell. I expect it to get penetrated and probably destroyed unless there is something to either prevent the hit from occuring(such as a barrier, sometimes) or something that increased the thickness to more than the penetration..or a miss. There is nothing perfectly accurate, after all.

Cool!

Here's the specific article on canonization btw:

Writing to influence the canon is encouraged, that is Valucre's history, but this should not be confused as a requirement for most threads or play on the site. The canon process is not a roadblock to the plots and ideas you want to explore, but a quality assurance and organizational measure when those plots and ideas affect things on a large scale.

Also, I have a strong feeling you and @notmuch_23 are going to get along. He has a firearms shop in a place I manage and likes realistic tech too.

You might be also interested in BlackBlood!

Welcome to Valucre AK!

If you come across any issues or have a question about something during your time here, feel free to reach. I see that you've already dived right into Fierach's roleplay, but if you have any issue finding other roleplays or getting one started, let me know and I'll help with whatever I can 😄

Hope you have fun!

There's no need to fight, I wil probably be with you both. I mean, why would I need to choose between the two? They are simply not competitors, so I can have both as friends. I imagine blackblood is even a nice choice. 

Other news: I am going to write the lore sheet on Khan today and possibly seek canonization on many of his items, just to feel safe and secure regarding their uniqueness.