danzilla3

Imitation=Flattery

The days after the destruction of Hyperion had been chaotic. 

Claudette had pushed herself too far during the mission; requiring Iblis to retrieve her from the fallen metropolis. He had been watching over her through her recovery when he had sensed the Queen of Hyperion coming to retake her property. Overconfident in his increasing power, he had gone out to meet her. The experience had humbled him, and he now saw how far he had left to go. If a mortal could surpass him, than perhaps he needed to rethink his approach. 

The Djinn had always thought himself above humanity; seeing it as his purpose to raise them to the next stage of their evolution. But now it seemed that there was more to the humans than was at first obvious. At the very least it warranted further study. Perhaps it would lead him to greater heights of power than he'd had even in his heyday.

So it was that one day he looked across the table at Claudette and asked a question.

"Would you be willing to have my children?"

@Rin

Claudette had been resting for a while, her form tattered in the damage that befell Hyperion. Her breathing had been ragged at times and she almost felt as if death came for her. The ice princess had escaped it this time. 

As she looked up from her thoughts, thoughts of gaining a new state of power, Iblis spoke. It shocked her as she didn't know the djinn had feelings for her. But it was more than just her thoughts. Though her bloodline was powerful, Claudette craved the power. She wanted to be stronger. Able to surpass her own bloodline, to be a powerful demon. 

Her eyes stared at Iblis for a moment or two in the silence that grew. When she first met him she thought he was handsome, that she kind of liked him. That she gave him her blood not because of any silly deal but because she wanted to willingly. And the question he asked did make her think. 

Sure the Talia name was dying out. Only her sister and her were left. And now that Seldeth was coming into power, she could branch out and put down roots in Hyperion. Even begin helping take down its leader and turn into a husk of darkness. 

Well, that came out of nowhere. Claudette replied as she chuckled. I didn't know you have that kind of feelings towards me. Of course, I did myself when we first met. Though, I'm sure we both want to become stronger.

Claudette said as she sat up, placing her hands in her lap. She was trying not to extert herself as she was still a bit weak. The ice princess still looked at him curious to his end goal. And he probably was curious to her goals as well. In due time, she'd explain. 

Sure, why not. I'm sure it will help us both out in the end. Claudette replied as she tilted her head at him. Though Iblis probably wanted it more than her. Of course, if we go through with this, then will be bound together forever.

Iblis smiled, "Very well."

With a snap of his fingers, the two of them were transported from their modest surroundings into significantly grander accommodations. The floors of the room were made of white marble, and the walls of black granite. The furniture in the room shared the same alternating black and white coloration. Against one wall was a fireplace, a fire roaring inside. In front of it were two large, comfortable chairs, and a large black rug. Claudette would find herself on a large, comfortable bed.

Iblis sat on the bed next to her, and he placed a hand on top of hers. Instantly she would feel her energy returned. Then the Djinn would turn to face her, gaze inquisitive as he regarded her.

"How would you prefer to do this? If you so desire I can simply implant a child from you through magical means. It would then develop as any other child until it is time for it to be born. Or we can do things the traditional way. It is your choice."

Magical seems less messy.

Claudette replied as she sat there on the bed. It was still a shock to her and she was still trying to process that someone wanted her. Of the two sisters, she had never been a chosen for a suitor. Sure, it wasn't for a normal mean as both were trying to get stronger. 

She felt a bit nervous but she hoped it would pass in time. Claudette did wonder if this was just for power or deeper but she didn't assume or speculate. 

I hope that's okay. I mean unless you want a more deeper moment than magic.

Much to his surprise, Iblis found himself seriously considering her question. Pleasures of the flesh such as food, alcohol, and narcotics were only of passing interest to him; and he had virtually no interest in sex. But as he found himself staring down at Claudette, he could feel something unfamiliar stirring inside of him. He couldn't take his gaze off of her. Her words echoed inside his head.

"Do you want a more deeper moment than magic?"

Did he? If he did, what more did he want of her? Perhaps a few tests would help him understand what it was that he wanted better. The Djinn sat down beside the elf, and looked into her eyes.

"Would you mind if I kissed you?"

Claudette remained silent for a moment. Though he had asked, she decided to be a bit forceful and kissed him passionately. She decided to take the first step. For the moment anyways. As she kissed him, something dark awoke in her. 

Something sealed within her by her own father. As she was made as a weapon to keep Talia intacted, but here in this room none of that mattered now. Claudette continued to kiss him for a minute more before breaking free and breathing a bit hard. Looking down, she blushed. 

Sorry…

Claudette breathed a bit raspy. However, that dark feeling within her didn't go away. Iblis would however feel a chill from her kiss. The ice princess bit her lip, trying not to let this strange darkness bother her at the moment. Though from her reading, it would come to pass once she found someone to be with. 

Iblis are you sure you want to be with me? Bonded? Because if you do, then--nevermind, I'm sure father just told me that to scare me.

Claudette shook her head as she let that thought scatter. But it remained in the back of her head. The ice princess looked down still, as she remained lost in other thoughts now. Still a bit not sure why she was here. But she didn't move from her spot. 

Edited by Rin

For a moment Iblis was too stunned to respond in any meaningful way as the elf pressed her lips against his. Then he began to return the kiss as though it were the most natural thing in the world. Except it wasn't. He was not mortal, despite the form he took. Logically there was no reason why he should enjoy this, the scent of her, the touch of her skin. But he did, and if he wasn't so focused on the moment he might have been disturbed by how much he wanted her. When she pulled away he felt a pang of disappointment, along with a slight chill upon his lips.

Sorry…

Iblis are you sure you want to be with me? Bonded? Because if you do, then--nevermind, I'm sure father just told me that to scare me.

Something akin to a growl escaped his throat, and he pulled her close to him. The Djinn still wasn't entirely sure what was happening, how it was that he was feeling this way about Claudette. Everything in him urged him to go further, to take her here and now. But something in her gaze told him that there was something that was worrying her as well. He brought a hand up to caress her face, looking into her eyes.

"You needn't keep any secrets from me. And I will keep none from you."

Utter sincerity. Iblis had made many oaths in the past, but none with as much passion and honesty as this one.

Claudette said nothing for a moment as she listened to him speak. She knew that she wasn't that important yet what she had been researching lately had bothered her. Especially to her family tree. She placed her hands in her lap as she stared at the floor. This was still all new to her, since she first came to Hyperion things were a little easier. Now, not so sure. 

The ice princess then shook her head. It's not really a secret. More of a permament marking on my family since it was born. I know people know nothing of my homeland, so that's okay. But what I found out doesn't make me feel any better. Claudette replied as she sighed again. 

She knew that she could tell him of the predicament she was in. Claudette didn't understand why her father turned both children into monsters, but she knew the growing thought of this monster within her didn't bode her well either. The ice princess looked up and at Iblis. 

Have you decided on the path we are taking? Or still undecided? Claudette said, distracting the answer to her own plight. However, should we go down this route, producing a child, I will become a monstrous creature myself. Well, more evil than I was back in Hyperion.

Claudette then looked down again. She wished she was back in Talia where she could have people around to help subdue the thoughts trying to push through. She even cursed the elf Esben for his elusive disappearing to help this as well. 

Probably not entirely sure though. Reading through father's journals has been a headache. His thoughts aren't organized. But I want to be sure you want me forever. To bond yourself with me. If you do, then I'll take the risk of whatever comes from this. 

The concept of evil was one that Iblis still had a hard time grasping. 

What exactly was evil? Mortals seemed to use the term at random. If a being such as himself wiped out a village, then that made him evil; but if lightning bolt started a blaze that turned the village to ash, it was just bad luck. Both scenarios ended with a massive loss of life, but only one was deemed evil. Some might make the argument that it was the intent behind the act that mattered. Iblis disagreed. In the end lives were still lost, so what did it matter?

In fact, from his point of view, the people he killed were luckier than those killed by random chance. After all, he never killed without reason. Every life he took had a reason behind it, which gave their deaths meaning. Surely it was better to die for a purpose than for nothing at all?

But ultimately it didn't matter. He wanted Claudette, and he would risk anything to have her. To him, it mattered little if she become, "Evil," unless it bothered her. If it did, then he would tear the world down to make her well again.

"I'm sure. I wish to be with you, Claudette."

Claudette blushed. This was the first time that someone wanted to be with her. She did not know how to tackle this as she didn't speak. Of course the foreboding feeling didn't go away either. She pushed this down for now as she didn't want to think about it. Sure Iblis said that, that he probably seen the world different than her. 

The ice princess shook her head as she placed her hands into her lap. Claudette thought it over for a few minutes before she looked up and smiled to hide the worries she held. Of course, if she was to go through with this, she'd change. Was it really worth the risk for power and possibly love?

Shaking her head and consquences be damned, Claudette pushed Iblis down against the bed as she passionately kissed him, and then a few minutes later, she gave herself to him. Her body dancing against his for hours and hours. 

Later, she laid asleep in the bed. Knowing that things were about to get harder for the ice princess.

The act of sex was another mortal concept that Iblis could not quite wrap his head around. Physical reproduction just wasn't something that normally entered into the equation for beings such as him. He had no beginning that he could remember. One day his consciousness had come into existence, and sometime later he had gained self-awareness. An immortal, ageless existence felt no need to procreate. 

But the Ice Princess had made a strong case for sex during their first night together.

He possessed the theoretical knowledge about what to do, but she had patiently helped him understand the practical applications. Claudette, her body and soul laid bare before him stirred feelings he didn't understand. When she cried out, it spurred him onward. What was this? Love? The thought sparked another emotion he had rarely felt.

Hope.

As the princess slept, he lay next to her; part of him standing sentinel, and another simply enjoying her closeness. 

Edited by danzilla3

Morning came but the ice princess hadn't slept a wink. It looked like she was, but in truth the nightmares had kept her awake. Of course it wasn't because of Iblis, it was more to the books she had read. And though, she missed her homeland a little, she was glad to be away from it and her duties. Besides it was in good hands after all. 

Claudette didn't stir yet as she didn't want to awake the djinn. As she laid there she thought about the situation more. They hardly knew each other, met in a shop she opened to destroy mere citizens. And they didn't speak much of their histories, families, past. 

I wonder…Claudette thought as she turned on her left side to stare at Iblis. I may just be overthinking things. I mean father wouldn't just make monsters out of his own children. Right?

She sighed. She had no idea what was in store but at the moment she didn't care. In this moment, she was happy.

SUMMARY: Iblis Faust has not been the same being since his fight with the Queen of Hyperion. Reassessing what he knows about humanity, he decides that there is more that must be learned. To this end, he decides to follow in the footsteps of the one who defeated him. Knowing that Raveena is a mother, he decides that a logical step would be to have children of his own. He asks Claudette, the Ice Princess he has allied with if she would be willing to have his children. 

Though at first taken aback, Claudette agrees, even though she fears the monster she might become a monster as a result. After some initial awkwardness, the two make love. In the aftermath, the two ponder what comes next, but are happy in the moment.

SHORT SUMMARY: Iblis and Claudette decided to have a child together.

@Malintzin