Phoebe

Looking for: Mercenaries

Looking for affordable mercenaries ;D

The townstead of Marrow in Genesaris is being harassed by an unnamed tribe of pirates! The agriculturally successful townstead easily produces more than enough to feed themselves but struggles to get by due to the pirates’ considerable demands in weekly tribute.

A foreign lady of dubious origin with an army hailing from a land that does not exist is calling upon brave men and women to help defend the helpless farmers from oppression!

Rewards

Monetary reward in melted Atlesian silver (raw silver).

Political Favor from the up and coming self-proclaimed “Lady of Bastion City”.

Do I have any volunteers? :3

Secondary Job Offer: Herbologist!

We are looking for one character whom is well versed in herbalism to keep a record of local plant life and their properties.

Rewards

- Stable income and work

- Funding for research

- Political Favor

Thread: 

Succinctly, this is meant to be a simple roleplay thread for roleplayers of any skill level to kick things off 🙂

You can use this as a means for your character to build contacts, demonstrate their expertise, or just make a quick killing.

I expect for the tone to be fairly lighthearted, nothing too heavy or tragic.

AIbEiAIAAABDCJz8_c6WmZeTUyILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKDE5ZjI4ZjliMjJhNzdlN2U3MjBiNDQ5NWQwMjMxOWIxMGFjNzZhODcwAa2IOus1D6J_dE7_lqwtZPlsF9dN?sz=40

;u;

- Pheebz

Edited by Phoebe

14 minutes ago, notmuch_23 said:

if my characters weren't already involved in threads, I would have either Thurgood or Challara take up completely obliterating capturing and torturing for all eternity defeating the pirates.

Oooo I remember house Singlance :3

Have they gained any followers since we last rped?

On that note, I would be glad to have you, sir!

33 minutes ago, Zashiii said:

🤔 Im interested.....

*fluffles Zashi*

2 minutes ago, Phoebe said:

Oooo I remember house Singlance :3

Have they gained any followers since we last rped?

No; the Veluriyam Empire pulled out of Ursa Madeum, which means that neither Thurgood nor Aveline had any other claim to nobility, and so left too.

Now Thurgood is looking to open more Mil Dot stores.

Just now, notmuch_23 said:

No; the Veluriyam Empire pulled out of Ursa Madeum, which means that neither Thurgood nor Aveline had any other claim to nobility, and so left too.

Now Thurgood is looking to open more Mil Dot stores.

Hmm, he may definitely be able to find a spot to open his store in our settlement when we decide to settle down in Alterion :3

That is, if he provides adequate aid!

1 minute ago, DaiPie said:

If my character can turn into a ice monster or a 15 foot tall yeti and does the move that Hulk did to Loki from the Avengers movie back from 2012, then, yes.. I'm definitely in. @Phoebe

Yes!

3 minutes ago, notmuch_23 said:

Depends on when this thread is set. Right now he's balls-deep in rebuilding Everrun.

Thread occurs 2-3 months after A Master of Space and Self. Other than that, there's not really any other timeline specific factors.

This is super timely.

Quick questions:

1) Is Ana an acceptable character for this thread?

and

2) At the end, could s/he maybe steal a pirate ship?

I was going to just kind of handwave a pirate ship into existence for Ana to start the next thread I was planning, but if we could canonically "borrow" one, that'd be even better.

1 hour ago, Veloci-Rapture said:

This is super timely.

Quick questions:

1) Is Ana an acceptable character for this thread?

and

2) At the end, could s/he maybe steal a pirate ship?

I was going to just kind of handwave a pirate ship into existence for Ana to start the next thread I was planning, but if we could canonically "borrow" one, that'd be even better.

(1) seems alright!

(2) sure! I’ll make sure to bring in another ship for you to steal :3

@Veloci-Rapture @notmuch_23 @DaiPie @Zashiii

Y'all may begin posting in response to this post:

Roleplay has no posting order to facilitate a younger and more rapidly posting audience, though you are free to establish your own posting circles with the users you are interacting with. It's a fairly crowded roleplay with multiple things going on simultaneously in preparation for the defense of the townstead, and our group specifically will be going about introducing our characters within the small congregation gathered on the hill.

Once this phase is concluded, your characters may explore the townstead, speak to the villagers, speak to other characters who are setting up the defense, provide input, and debate on strategy :3

Take this chance to interact and meet with some of the characters from Universe-404, from which a large number of our new Val users have come from! Say hi to all the new faces ;D

To all those from 404, welcome to Valucre 😄

Lastly, thank you to @Aleksei, @Fierach, @Twitterpated and @Csl for helping me babysit the newbies ;w;