Rabbit

[GS] Aries

・・・】 God: Aries
・・・】 God Slayer: @Rabbit
・・・】 Characters: Vito, Jorahel, Iohmar, Bellicose
・・・】 OOC: Thread

A fleet of four airships steadily made their way over the forest lands, the engines roar shaking the air around them. Avians flew away at their presence, land creatures hiding in the shrubbery. The flagship a titan, measuring'There sits another of my kind, lost his mind to the traitors. His pain must end, do to him as you did to me.' in at a hundred meters in length, whilst three smaller frigates surrounded the ship in a defensive position. The group stuck out like a sore thumb, easily noticed for miles around. There was no need for stealth or subtlety, for creature they were hunting already of what was to come. Their movement was one of power, displaying their willingness to kill and pride in what they wielded.

"ALL HANDS STEADY! READY TO ENGAGE!" A female firbolg roared, several kobold musketeers and cannoneers readied themselves. Her names was Jorahel, a master archer and friend of nature. Her ship carried troops specialized in range combat, able to outgun most armies in Valucre. Her foot stood firm on the bowsprit, whilst she looked out to the distance. "TAKE AIM!"

"FOCUS! DEEP BREATHS! BELIEVE IN YOUR POWER!" A black furred tabaxi stood tall, hands emitting a black aura. The sorcerers name was Iohmar, a wanderer seeking meaning. He lead a ship of mid-range multiclass magic wielders, ready to deal high amounts of elemental and enchanted damage. Being a highly varied, their versatility was unmatched. "BEGIN THE CASTING!"

"TARGET AHEAD! CLEAR AS THE DAY! DO NOT ENGAGE TILL YOU SEE THE SIGNAL!" The last of the group was Vito, human raider turned fleet leader. The human raider was a lover of many skills, from magic to melee combat. He dawned a forged weapon containing the soul and mind of a slain god, ready to use it to kill another god gone rogue. Vito stepped out side the cockpit, ready to mount his pet, named Bellicose. The dragon like chimera sat waiting, eager for battle.

'There sits another of my kind, his mind lost to chaos. Do to him as you did to me, end his pain.' Leo's mind spoke from Vito's sword, a rare moment of his sadistic nature put aside.

Vito raised his hand, bringing his fleet to a halt. Sat in a slumped position was Aries, also known as Seraphim. The trees around him stained red, the mountain crushed under his wait and eyes filled with rage. The god's size was overwhelming, Vito's flagship able to fit into his palm. But Vito was not afraid, for two gods had already died before him. Tho Aries had held out for a long time, the raider planned to end his raen of power.

Edited by Rabbit

Staring out at the cracked mountain where the god sat in waiting, Vito drew in a deep breath and took mount. The raider was nervous, something which surprised him. He'd already stared one in the eyes, slaying it where it stood without and ounce of fear. But Aries was different, seemingly a far greater threat both intellectually and physically. But only one thing pushed Vito forward, he was also a far greater threat than before. With one final deep breath, he signaled for Bellicose to take flight. The dragon leapt off the side of the ship, quickly gaining speed as the two dropped and spread its wings. The two soared, slowly approaching Aries' makeshift throne. 

'I thought for a second you weren't gonna do it, good to know your time off huntin hasn't weakened you.

'Now's not the time for doubt, he doesn't seem willing to die without a fight.'

'He judges, that's what he does. I doubt he'd ever judge a mortal fitting of taking his life.'

Vito would not question such an obvious observation, for he'd doubt any of the gods went without a fight. Even the most controlled god, Cancer, would mentally and emotionally struggle against such actions taken against them. But unlike the restrained one prior, the titan he slowly approaches was free to choose what happens to both Vito and his fleet. 

Edited by Rabbit

Vito circled the god, it's many faces followed him. Their anger unable to be hidden, hands opening and closing constantly. Not wanting to anger the god any further, Vito brought bellicose in for a landing. Dropping down on top of the mountain, the raider stood facing the gods right face. Unfortunately for him, it was the one that seemed the most angry. Aries had three faces, all of which were said to serve a purpose.

'You stand before the face of judgement, boy. Your words must carry caution, for you truly do not wish to anger this one.'

'Thanks, god of obviousness.'

'This is no time for sarcasm, not now.'

Vito stared at the face, its fangs bared in a minor as if to boast power. As he took steps forward, the right faces eyes gazed down to him. The face opened its mouth, then released a deep slow chuckle. Its laugh made Vito's mind blur, feeling nauseous at the low hum. It continued, unending. The raider fought, trying to stay stood on his feet. But the laughter wouldn't end, nearly causing Vito to vomit through his mask. 

Edited by Rabbit

The world twisted and turned, over and over again. His legs shaking, mind breaking and insides churning. The endless humming was slowly pushing Vito to the brink of insanity, was he being judged or tortured by the face of judgement? It wasn't long till his senses nearly ceased, everything being replaced with the gods song. Only one thing broke him out of the trance and pulled him back to reality, the sadistic being sat on his hip.

'If you're going to die, boy, die fighting. Pretty pathetic that you let this little poetic song push you this far, it's merely a song of harmony.'

The raiders eyes darted back and forth, trying to gain sense of his placement on the mountain. He eventually focused his eyes onto the gods, who in turn stared back. Vito refused to break contact, focusing what little might he had into staying conscious. He'd eventually gain the feeling of his body back, only now realizing how close to falling off the cliff he'd come. After another minute, the humming had stopped. Releasing Vito of his near paralyzed state, the feeling of ease overcoming his muscles. 

"So......there is some harmony within you........" The fanged face of the god spoke, his voice carrying the same effect of his hum. Each word seemed to cause Vito's body to stiffen up.

Edited by Rabbit

Vito stood in confusion as the face of judgement focused its attention upon him, surprisingly trying to converse with the raider. Other faces sat unmoving, but still kept their angered demeanor. Once his composure had been regained, Vito gathered his thoughts and spoke against the fanged face that mocked him. Struggling to withhold his angered tone.

"You speak of harmony as if it were an interest to a frenzied god, especially one bathing in a landscape of blood." Vito looked out to the red trees that lined the forest, carcasses still hanging off the branches with weapons in hand. Their armor bared the symbol of Aries, suggesting they were once his men.

'Watch the tone, or the it'll attack without mercy.'

"You speak as if tho you had any place to negotiate your life, laughable." The god lowered one of its many hands and plucked corpses off the ground as if tho they were grapes, swallowing them whole. 

"Then why have to not attacked." Vito watches as Aries spat out bones like pitted seeds, spraying them across the land with great force. 

"Harmony is within you." The god spoke softly. 

"Meaning?" 

"You are within a position to speak, not to negotiate yours or their life." Aries nodded his head towards the airship fleet, anger in his eyes building up.

Vito followed the god's gaze towards his fleet, unsure of whether or not the god's intentions could meet reality. The fleet sat waiting, ready to fire at a whim. Tho Aries may be powerful, he was severely weakened. The raider had already taken down one god, what stopped him from taking down another? But one thing was for sure, Aries had a far grander appearance and atmosphere than Leo. Now that Vito was up close, reality hit him hard.

'Leo, where does his power sit compared to yours? An honest answer is desired, put your pride aside.' Vito chuckled to himself, asking a lion like being to put his pride aside.

'More powerful, no doubt. A tier above, but easily swayed by the right moves.

"You laugh, little criminal. Does my power over you truly feel so little?" The front face spoke, turning to face him. Aries' tusk broke the mountain top, creating a trench before the raider.

"No, I'm not blind in any regard." Vito held his hand to his heart, trying to convey sincerity. "Just conversing with an individual you may remember, a little lion"

'I appreciate the entrance you granted me.'

"Yes, I felt Leo's presence. Disappointing, as always. Arrogance and a sadistic nature, always a downfall for both mortals and gods." Aries turned back to face the fleet, the fanged face yet again left to speak to the raider.

'Laughable!'

There was a brief moment of silence before the discussion continued, both sides of the conversation weighed their odds of winning. Vito now took the lead, trying to come to some agreement between the two. Hopefully Vito could do what he'd done with Cancer and ferry Aries to safety, but hopefully with a different end.

"Why do you remain in these lands? You speak of arrogance and sadism, yet you remain here to suffer and cause suffering. You could've left and I can help you leave these lands, but you sit there doing what exactly?"

"This is my home, my kingdom and always will be. Even in death this land will belong to me and death is what it'll take before my physical body will leave, only then will they be able to hold this land without their blood spilt and drank by the soil." The god flicked its trunk around, spreading the soil to cover the pools of blood. 

"So merely honor?" Vito questioned, something that'd become a clear mistake.

"Merely honor! You speak as if an insult on god is but a 'mere' incident, no such thing exists. Some live and some truly live, to truly live is to have no one question your life and smite them down. I live to judge, not to be judged." His voice parted the cloud, shaking the trees and caused Vito to hold his ears in pain. Even with the distance, Vito could see his crew flinch back.

'Arrogance , every last god is the same. Deep inside you are all the same, only worship and blood to fuel you.'

'Even the gods new of their weaknesses, which always lay deep inside and ever draining. This is why Cancer was popular, even amongst the gods. To teach discipline and tame ones nature, that was our true purpose.'

"And yet I live and he's been taken over by another, popular only through lies and the deceit of small minded mortals." Aries went from anger to mocking, only to return within the span of a sentence. "My mind may be tainted, but his has faded to nothing but a void."

Vito could not deny something he took part in, a failed attempt at saving a god which fueled a demon. His time wasted, only ending in further misery. It was seemingly an inevitable part of this war on the gods, causing both the loss of an old father figure and new friend. Tho the people laughed and took joy in such thing, it was far different on the battlefield. Many died, just to make the elites smile. 

"There must be some agreement we can come to, let my ferry you to safety or at least keep you from causing more death. They won't stop coming, I must end this cycle." Vito kept himself from appearing as a beggar, but deep down it was. He was willing to kill, but did not desire it. 

"No.Such.Thing.Will.Happen. My land, my right and my will." The god teeth grit together, creating an unbearable scrapping sound.

The raider was at a loss, unsure of how to continue. Aries clearly had no desire to move, Vito had no means to make him. The gods mind was twisted, beyond reason and forever clouded in anger. Willing to speak, but unwilling to listen. The choice was simple, kill him or leave. Complete his given task or abandon it, his reputation at risk and many other lives on the line. It was not Aries fault, but he was now the problem. The raider just stood there, thinking.

'Make up your mind, boy. Quickly.

~~~

The fleet sat there, waiting. Vito's tabaxi and firbolg companions stood with their troops, anticipating the next move. Their leader stood, chatting away with the god. Weeks ago if you'd told them they'd be doing this, they'd assume you were drugged or drunk. Unlike the raider, they both desired a battle. They craved such a hunt, ready to shed blood. Moments later, they got what they wanted. Vito raised his sword in the air, causing their hearts to skip a beat. They screamed in unison.

"FIRE!"

All airship commanders yelled their orders at once, sending a destructive wave of multiple projectiles hurtling towards the god. Even with three faces, Aries was not fast enough to react and avoid the oncoming fire. Only noticing last second, attempting and failing to move out the way. Taking the full barrage, he collapsed back down onto the mountain. First to hit was the canon balls and ballistae javelins, piercing the gods thick hide and tearing flesh. Second was the musket volley, which just barely caused bruising. Last was the magic, the vast elemental diversity searing and freezing difference areas of Aries body.

'Good, but this is only the beginning.

'Oh yeah, he's tougher than you by miles.'

Using his mounts demon fog, Vito had avoided the barrage and gained altitude. The first volley had merely been a test fire, allowing the raider the learn of his opponents defensive capabilities and how to best adjust his fleet. From a birds eye view, the battlefield had been covered in a thick layer of dirt and dust, which quickly began to settle.

Edited by Rabbit

[Jorahel's POV]

The archer watched as her volley merely bruised the gods skin, only a slight significance in the overall barrage. Now furthering her understanding of the gods defense, she signaled the pilot to charge head on towards the recovering god. Jorahal watched as Aries hand gripped the mountain top, using it as leverage to lift his mighty mass. Once standing, Aries took his attention from the raider to the charging airship. Ripping a chunk of the mountain tops, the god launched the giant rock towards the ship.

"KEEP THE CHARGE GOING!

The airships pilot begrudgingly followed orders, keeping the ship moving at a constant pace. The giant rock barely miss, nearly taking out the ships thruster. A second volley came in from the Caiman, distracting the god once again. Several ballistae javelins pierced Aries' right leg, causing him to fall to a knee. When down, Jorahel went in for her strike. Circling around, the ship fired a volley aimed toward the back of the gods head. It keeled over, gripping its wounds. 

"READY A SECOND VOLLEY!"

Edited by Rabbit

[Iohmar's POV]

Following closely behind, Iohmar watched as his companion nearly destroyed her ship whilst attempting to charge the god head on. The tabaxi scoffed in the firbolg's direction, silently mocking Jorahel's action. Her volley angered the god further as it clutched its head,  Aries' eyes taking on a reddish tone and his veins bulged. Vito flew alongside his ship, signalling for the tabaxi's ship to take its second volley. 

"BEGIN CASTING!" The tabaxi bare his fangs as he roared at his crew.

Aries' raised his head, taking Iohmar by surprise as he stood up in a fighting stance with remarkable speed. Its trunk lifted up and spewed cosmic fire, travelling in an unnatural pattern. The fire twisted and turned as if it were liquid, aiming to strike the ship head on. With mere meters, the on-board crew cast their spells which collided with Aries' own. The impacted shook the ship, the immense head making his fur feel as if tho it'd be set a light.

[Vito's POV]

Upon contact, the two waves of magic began reacting. Different colors and materials begging to form, flaming metal with veins of red and green ice falling to the ground as magic the magic reacted and took on solid forms. Even amongst the chaos and bloodshed, the raider could admire the beauty of such things. Vito rode Bellicose along Aries' cosmic fire, skimming the intense magic.

'It's a good thing we're made of such magic, I'm sure Bellicose would thank me if he knew.'

'Your welcome for the material, boy.'

As the two got closer to the gods face, the heat waves dispersed enough to get a good visual. Bellicose opened its mouth and emitted its own flaming roar which engulfed the god's face, causing Aries to stop his attack and hold his face in pain. The sudden stop allowed a break, letting Iohmar's ship unleash its full force. The combined elemental attack struck the gods chest, yet again throwing him to the ground.

Vito hovered above the god, who'd yet again collapsed to the ground. It was obvious Aries' power had dwindled, was still dwindling and would kill the god if the raider didn't. The once mighty god, reduced to a giant rolling in the dirt. Vito desired to give him one final chance, wishing to make up for his mistake for Aries. He wanted Aries alive, to bring home a true god. 

'Will he yield?'

'Unpredictable, no point in asking me.'

"Aries, listen to me. We can bring you back alive, a new kingdom.could be called you own. Please, don't fight for such vanity." Vito pleaded in a manner that still held his position of power, wanting the god to understand the severity of the situation. 

Raising himself to his knees, the god let out a puff of smoke. The heat alone scorched the earth, turning the blood and earth into a black smolder. Vito gave occasional glances to his airships, examining their condition. Iohmar's ship had taken minor damage to the ships front, slightly scorching the wooden frame. The battle was far from over, but the situation filled the raider with confidence.

"You seems to think as if I do not know of Cancer's fate, stepping onto foreign land a being taken over by one not of our nature. You speak of honor and help, yet all you've done is delivered death to my gates." Aries voice spoke softer than before, as if his mind was clearer. The raider did not know much of the gods relations or how close they were, let alone if they mourned each overs deaths. Vito would not lie, even if he could deny the spoken truth.

"It's true, in some regards I failed. I did as the god requested, set him free, only to be the one to deliver him to doom. But your fate is sealed here, destined to die. Why not take the chance? You can still rule, have followers and regain power."

'You've been brought to the immortal plane, we can help you leave it!'