Rabbit

[GS] Aries

"You don't think we've heard of the other lands, haven't seen or visited them. We've existed far longer than you, our knowledge is beyond mortal comprehension. We may not truly see all, but our vision still far outweighs that of your own, mortal." Standing on two feet, Aries turned his front face towards the raider. 

"Yet you could not comprehend your own people plotting against you and succeeding, surely that says enough. Your power has dwindled and those that over threw you continue their conquest, wanting your blood split. You're wise, but not enough to live? Explain yourself." Vito came in for a landing, bringing himself closer to Aries. Tho he stayed mounted, in case of sudden conflict. 

"We're not infinite, we live and die like most beings. Our age may extend beyond time, but we're still vulnerable to external forces. How would any other land be different? Why would those who seek my death stop when I leave? Not simply follow me? I can sense that your mind is also clouded, an affect of being around gods too long." Aries slowly raised his hand, pointing towards Vito's sword. "You carry one around, slowly tainting your mind. That is the result of our kind being brought down to the mortal plain, existing truly beside one another."

'Is this true, Leo?'

'I'm afraid so, boy.'

'Why did you not inform me?'

'Because I'm contained, it'd take years for me to corrupt you. Slowly, yes. But you show no signs.'

"It is true, containment and isolation can slow the effects to a near stop. But I have to such desire to hide myself, live in isolation and hiding. This is my land, my realm and my right to rule. I will not leave, so matter your persistence. I live as a ruler, or I die. I've already stated this, this will not change.

"Then why not create your own realm?" A sudden female voice joined in, as Jorahel joined the conversation. Her image was a simple shadow like projection, seemingly create by Iohmar. "One such as yourself should surely have the power needed."

"I cannot leave this plane or realm, I'm truly stuck here." For the first time, Aries words held sadness. Vito and Jorahel looked at each over. Whilst wanting to settle things with words, their options were little. Kill the god or fail in the eyes of the land. 

Jorahel and Vito continued their glances, their eyes telling of their displease towards the situation. Aries towered over them, ever gazing. A small battle had already happened, boasting each others power. The victor was clear, the god potential accepting of the outcome. Both the archer and raider gave each other one final look, before her shadowy figure disappeared. 

"So, there is truly no peaceful way to end this? You won't just leave with us?" Vito drew his sword, Bellicose readied his wings. 

'No point in asking, boy.'

"You can leave, return from to where you came from. Leave me in peace." Aries looked towards Vito's fleet which hovered ready just out of firing range, then back to him. 

"That's not an option, it can't happen. I either return with your blood or bring you back to Fracture with me, one or the other." 

"Well then, try and die." Aries raised his arms, his fists turning into a mixture of earth and fire. The mixture churned, creating balls of magma which hurdled towards the raider. Bellicose dodged and took flight, putting distance between them and the god. Once the gap was big enough, the ships began moving in. 

Edited by Rabbit

Immediately after the attack, all airships began closing the gap. The caiman fired another volley, two javelins piercing through Aries leg. The bloodied javelins protruded from out the gods knee cap, causing him to drop to one knee. In the weakened state, Vito's fleet initiated a second full bombard. A rain of projectiles and elemental magic struck Aries' back, forcing him into a pinned state. Followed by more javelins, slowly breaking bone and flesh.

'Feels more like a slaughter than anything else.'

'He had his chance, just finish this as soon as possible.'

'This could've been over sooner if he'd simply complied.'

Vito watched over with a birds eye view, the brutal assault was nothing short of a tortures and mind numbing event. Even by the raiders standards, it was simply sadistic. Regardless, his troops carried on. From inside his cloak, Vito pulled out an uru sphere, similar to the one used to capture Leo's soul. He chucked and catched the sphere over and over, treating it like a toy. Vito just sat there, waiting.

It wasn't long till Aries had fully collapsed under the weight of the bombardment, his back bloodied and broken. Vito raised his hand, signalling the ships the cease fire. They followed command, but stayed within firing range. Flying down, Vito flew to the head of the god and landed just beside it. He waited and looking directly at the smiling face, opposite of the face he spoke to first.

'Feeling cocky, boy? Not the smartest move.'

'Lets just get this out the way, it has to be done sooner of later.'

Dismounting Bellicose, Vito stood within arms reach of the face. Its eyes focused upon the raider, its anger reduced to mere bitterness. Blood from his back poured down his shoulders, slowly forming puddles at the raiders feet. Reaching into his cloak, Vito pulled out the uru sphere and presented it to the god.

"You could've come nicely, it didn't have to come to this." Vito said, tone holding slight anger.

Edited by Rabbit

The god scoffed in the raiders face, before chuckling to himself. The general atmosphere tensed up, his crew all ready to fire at a moments notice. So much so, they seemingly didn't care for their leaders safety. Or maybe they were over confident in his abilities, something he'd have to bring up later. Once the chuckling subsided, Aries finally spoke up. His voice slow, weak and ever fading. 

"You....expect so much and think so little. The simplistic nature of you mortals is only a blessing through your lack of understanding to see future issues as a consequence of your actions, to little to late is something you need to take to heart." Aries continued on with his chuckling, mocking any and all who'd wished for his death.

"I don't disagree, but understand this. Gods ARE replaceable, plenty sit waiting for worship. Maybe they're great old ones, maybe deities, but always waiting for their chance."

"Oh so true......Oh so true......Just pray and hope they're kind, much like we were. If not, I'll enjoy watching you crumble from the after life."

"Your afterlife will have to wait."

Silence came over the two, as Vito brought forth his intentions. The raider waited, wanting some form of acknowledgement. But, it never came. The god just lay in the dirt, eyes now closed. Slow, deep and heavy breathing was the only sound. He was unsure whether the god had merely accepted death, or chose not to cater to his killer. Having enough of the tension, Vito gave the god one final chance to speak. Almost wanting it.

"So, no words before I slay you?" Vito asked in a raised voice, but was met with little more than continued silence. "Then, let's get this over with." Taking his sword in one hand and sphere in the other, the raider leapt onto the back of Aries neck.

"I'm disappointed, all that fighting for such a painfully weak ending."  With one fatal blow, Vito's blade lit up with cosmic fire and was driven into Aries spinal cord. The force was enough to sever his spine, finally killing the god. The heavy breathing stopped, the only sounds remaining being that of dripping blood.

'I take no pride in killing a fellow god......Who am I kidding, the blood feels great....'

Aries thought back, his soul refusing to be absorbed by the enchanted uru sphere. A mental game of tug of war ensued, VIto's head swirling in anguish. The gods ability of life manipulation only furthered the issue, his power outweighing the raiders. Even with the addition of the spheres enchantment, it was seemingly a one sided battle. 

'STOP MESSING AROUND, BOY! CAPTURE HIM BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!'

'........'

Vito could not think, stopping him from responding. The mental strain caused his stomach to churn, nearly causing him to vomit. He could feel the flow of energy, wrapping around his body. It acted like a hand, grappling Vito's body in order to halt the process. Where Aries was physically weakened, it seemed to have little effect on his mental fortitude.  

Edited by Rabbit

With the second battle ensuing, it became a mental tug of war. A battle of nine hundred vs one, now became a one on one. Even when surrounded by alise and mind linked to a fallen god, he was still alone. But in that particular moment of time, it was the least of his concern. Much like how the gods song has twisted his mind, so did this battle. Feeling his physical reality slowly begin to shift and merge with the gods own.

'WHAT ARE YOU......doing, boy? It's over.

'Leo?'

'Temporarily outspoken, but still there. So, it appears you've won. Congratulations, beating me two times in a row.' 

'How......how was that a victory? You were winning, easily!' 

'It does seems to just barely a victory, but one nonetheless. It appears my physical state and removal from my own plane has simply left me with little endurance. Little practise in that form, beyond smashing things. My own fault.'

Edited by Rabbit

'So.....what's happening? I figured this was your victory, you trapping me here.'

'It would appear we've merged, my soul bound to that sphere you created. And oh no, this is where you've trapped me. I simply brought you along in the ensuing battle, which may be a good thing. I'd like to get to know both my saviour....and enslaver.'

Despite the gods real counterpart tower above the raider, making him a mere ant, in the evergrey of the sphere they stood at the same size. Despite the two both floating in the sphere reality, the god lowered himself to a cross legged sit. Vito remained standing, unsure of how to continue. 

'So....what do you wish to know?'

'A leader, drug lord, killer, murderer, settler and more....You follow no distinct path, come to both kill and learn. Why? I sense no purpose, tho you used to have one. You wished to regain your honor and bring back you old group, what happened?'

Edited by Rabbit

Vito thought back to his times before everything became crazy, back to his days as a simple bandit. His goals were simple, straight forward and achievable. But now, he stands before a god explaining his life. One point came to mind and one point only, acquiring his airship and crew. The caiman and crew had provided him more power and allies in one day, than the rest of his life combine. It changed him, to something he was unsure of.

'I changed, after gaining my crew and ship. But it wasn't that specifically, it was the responsibility.'

'Are you sure? Are you sure it wasn't the desire for power?'

'Potentially, potentially not. All I know is that was when my aim in life changed.'

'Hmm, well it was a quick talk. But your companions are calling, we'll discuss further in the future. I believe it'd be smart for us to get to know each other, especially if I am to give you my powers.'

With a click of his fingers, Aries sent the raider plummeting downward into the ever grey. Much like how his energy was drawn forth into the sphere, it was now being forced out. Feeling as tho gravity had increase ten fold, Vito's very soul was cast back into his body. The faint muffled voice of Iohmar could just be made out, slowly becoming clearer. Upon opening his eyes, the sudden glimpse of Jorahel's hand came plummeting towards him. His face lit up in pain as she struck his with full force.

".....Why?" Vito paused, looking towards the firbolg. 

"See, told it'd work." Jorahel smirked towards Iohmar. 

"I never said it wouldn't work, I just said you should wait!" Iohmar bared his fangs, before focusing back to Vito. "You gave us a scare, thought you'd mental mentally taken by the god."

Edited by Rabbit

"No....we were just chatting." Vito held the now glowing uru sphere out in front, allowing the others to see. Sitting up, he now realised he was surrounded by a good few members of his crew. Bellicose nudged him up, acting as support for the raider. "I'm just tired and need rest, how goes the crew."

"Good. Some crew members are a little shaken, given it was either their first time fighting or seeing something like that. I believe it was good experience, now that I've learned how my crew fare in the air."  She held her bow firm, almost boasting their performance.

'Hmmm, welcome back. I can feel his presence. You're friend maybe prideful, but they were worried.'

'Well, at least no one killed me whilst I was in my state.'

Edited by Rabbit

"How about you, Iohmar? I see the ship took a fair old beating, going to need major upgrades if you plan to keep fighting up close like that." The raider glanced at his now scorched ship, the smoking embers seemingly still being taken care of. Crew raced to get water buckets, many ice and water mages attempted to help. 

"Well, we can't all hide behind others." Iohmar smirked at the firbolg archer, receiving a glare in return. "Given the enemy, any further out and we would've been useless. I'm afraid I'll have to begin training my mages in ranged spells, it'd be far more suitable for combat scenarios such as this. Hit from afar, hard and fast. Similar to the Caimans style, but faster. It shouldn't take too long, but might be costly."

"Understood." Vito said, finally deciding to raise himself to his feet. "Price isn't a problem, death is. Take what you need. Same for you, Jor. We need to upgrade our weaponry, big time. Siege classes and more airships, our enemies be damned."

'Ahh, boy. You're finally getting it!'

Edited by Rabbit

Looking out, the raider watched as kobold armed with saws and axes began harvesting Aries. Many carts, stocked with the most valuable parts had already began moving the goods toward the Caiman. His mass nothing to be scoff at, looking as it'd take a full days labour to fully process such a being. Even with the distance, Vito could make out the tusks now sat in the cargo hold. Many had stopped their work, looking towards their still alive leader.

'Ahh, if only you were this eager to harvest my corpse.'

'Well, there was less to you.'

'Only quantity, not quality!'

"I see we've already begun labour, good." Vito turned to his companions. 

"Yes, we wanted to be out of here as fast as possible.

"Smart choice, let's return back to the ship. I need to be patched up, as soon as possible."

Edited by Rabbit