Fierach

A Glorious Stand (Glorious Beginning Continuation)

Thurgood just kept shooting pirates, trying to make enough of a hole to give him enough time to load another 40mm grenade into his assault rifle's underbarrel grenade launcher.

Then Addison slammed into the hull, doing significant damage.

So much for saving the ship...

...but that distraction gives him enough time to load a 40mm grenade, and lob it in the gorgon's general direction.

@Fierach @Phoebe @Veloci-Rapture @Zashiii

Meanwhile, Ivan saw what was happening from the distance and exclaimed:

'Now is our chance! Men, get on your planes! We are launching an assault once more! URA!'

Soon, both MiG's got into the skies with their repaired electronics and the Insurgents' Bastion readied it's anti-ship missiles. They were going straight for the Gorgon, hoping that it being distracted will make their assault effective.

Flying high, they suddenly began a dive bombing run, going down extremely rapidly and then, releasing a sudden and simultaneous volley of missiles, well-coordinated with the Bastion's own two missiles fired, all guided and aimed to be around 2-5 meters distance from Addison, where they predicted the Gorgon would be. Also, the planes released said rockets at the last possible moment, at practically point-blank range, leaving no chance for the pirates to shoot any of them down. 

It was time to rain down ordinance on their enemy once more.

@Fierach@Phoebe @notmuch_23 @Veloci-Rapture @Zashiii

Edited by Agent Knockout
Added a few clarifications.

"Are you bloody insane?"

efc96431e264ac8164006e72d6a8289e.png

The silent cock of Howard's revolver was audibly loud amid the raging battle, and deliberately so. He leveled the weapon, pointing it straight at Ivan.

"Call the attack off. It's going to hit our own men! Addison is on board, and if she dies, you're not getting a penny!"

The nearby sailors saw the sudden initiative by their admiral and raised their weapons tentatively, pointing them at Ivan.

"Call it off now!" he demanded.

@Agent Knockout

Ivan calmly turned towards Howard and said:

'Comrade, I ain't that stupid. I was attacking only once for exactly the reasons you just said. I was not striking anymore after the first sortie; I just wanted to take revenge for the beast's prior attacks. Besides, my attacks are guided, it is less likely they will cause significant harm for our friends down there. I trust the skill of my support from above and that they won't hit any friendly. I trust that for as long as they aim 5 meters away from her, she won't suffer any major injuries.'

Having said that, Ivan's smile returned:

'Now, put down the revolver, everything is likely to be okay. Besides, it is very rude to threaten an ally at gunpoint. I believe you know how to be moderate...or are you still overly proud of your great victories and songs?'

Ivan calmly turned back to survey the proceedings. If he was ever shot, he knew Howard would be turned into swiss cheese, as he had clearly not seen men with Kalashnikovs waiting nearby, and two M-84s that were in their dugouts waiting, and having no stigma against using machine guns and explosive shells to kill off Howard should he attack their commander, Ivan.

@Phoebe

"You may trust them, but I sure as hell fuckin' don't!" Howard retorted, pointing the gun at Ivan's head. He slammed his finger on the trigger.

The bullet whizzed past his ear harmlessly. It was a deliberate miss.

"Call the attack off now! I'm not going to gamble the lives of my comrades over the word of a man I don't know!"

He cocked the hammer back once again, aiming the revolver square into Ivan's chest. His finger began to tense up over the trigger.

"Call it off!"

@Agent Knockout

After a fairly long pause from Ivan, he replied:

'.....if there is no trust in the decisions of allies, how is one an ally themselves....I am sure you know that trust in the efforts of others is a factor in bringing about victory. Regardless...'

Ivan then turned to the Bastion system, and ordered the crew:

'Stop firing, we might hit the allies.'

Noticeably, the planes were still on the attack, and they were determined to carry it out. 

@Fierach @Phoebe

Howard's attempt to get Ivan to stop was too little, too late. The planes had already unleashed their streak of projectiles which hurled violently towards the ships. Hearing the ominous whistle of the bombs, many pirates turned their heads up in shock. Were the enemy so desperate to eliminate them that they would kill their own men in the process?

Masuda tilted his head up towards the sky, gritting his teeth angrily. " Who's the idiot who did this..? " He muttered, narrowing his eyes. " Looks like it's up to me to intercept them.. " He rose up onto his feet, still riding the water dragon. Suddenly, a cloud of white smoke burst around his body. As it cleared, it became apparent that there were now 31 Masudas, including the original. A cloning technique? Possibly.

He grinned. " This'll be one HECK OF A RIDE! " The Shinobi shouted, a horde of 30 clones springing upwards towards the missiles. Thin silk emerged from their sleeves, tying onto the bombs like tentacles. The clones maneuvered around the torpedos effortlessly, using quick footwork to spring through the sky.

" ROUND EM UP! " Ordered the original. The Masudas began tugging the missiles to a central point, holding them together tightly. It wasn't the cleanest formation, but this was Masuda. What did you expect? 

" Mission complete. " He said after a few moments, turning back to face the ship, snapping his fingers, a large explosion bursting out from behind him. The clones poofed as the mosh-pit of missiles imploded. What badassery.

@Phoebe @Agent Knockout *Your welcome.*

However, Masuda's amazing feat had consequences. As a result of grabbing the missiles and exploding them in the air, the explosion ended up proving fatal, as it coincided with the retreat route of the two planes. The explosion damaged their engines and they hit the water, blowing up in an instant as they hit the waves.

Upon seeing this, Ivan was speechless. Even while Howard was there.

Without saying a word, he walked into the Insurgents' Bastion, quickly shoving the guy at the targeting and firing position off from his seat, and taking command himself.

Quickly turning to the rest of the crew, also shocked from what happened and why he stormed in:

'On that ship, there is an ally who is infact a traitor, and me stopping the firing procedure was a mistake! At this point, I don't care anymore if someone on that ship will die! I am accomplishing my task, and killing off that damn shithead that blew up those rockets. I am getting my point across and I don't care how many of them have to die! Also, call the rest of the personnel nearby! We are preparing for a fight and a withdrawal from this entire trap once we have killed that dude!'

Without any pretext, and much to Howard's surprise, as he would have also seen the two planes downed, soon, the Insurgents' Bastion fired it's own anti-ship missiles, and was not aiming at the Blackpool anymore, but straight at Masuda. He knew what he did, and he was determined to see him punished.

The two missiles careened through the sky at several times the speed of sound, and were fairly large themselves. At this point, Ivan's intention was clear: He was enacting an 'eye for an eye' approach towards Masuda's murder of the two pilots, and he was not likely to back down out of his policy of revenge.

@Truthless @Phoebe

Howard stood there as, to his eyes, a mutiny started. He didn't know what this was on about but all he knew was that he had targeted somebody on that ship directly, and it wasn't an enemy. Immediately the Admiral get enraged at this.

"Get back here you lowlife cocky fucker!"

He rushed after the little bugger who seemed to wish on making the battle three sided. The troops around him jumped at the sudden yell of their Admiral. As he ran close behind, preparing to literally barge down the door, he signalled for the soldiers who had previously held Ivan at gun-point to follow. At the sight of this the soldiers quickly followed. Their guns were ready in case Ivan tried anything risky that would put his name down in the black pages of history.

Edited by Jack Howard

Ivan did not come out of the firing system. There was still time to steer the rockets away, as it would take some time for them to reach, but Ivan was determined to enact revenge. As such, when Howard banged on the door, he was no longer met by just Ivan, but by a large group of armed guards also aiming at gunpoint with automatic assault rifles.

'What do YOU want NOW? To stop me from firing after one of your ''friends'' just murdered two of my own colleagues? Or perhaps to kill me for choosing to see justice delievered?' he shouted.

@Jack Howard

Edited by Agent Knockout

Howard stood there, he stopped in a very calm position with a cheeky smirk on his face. He took a step forward and the 25 troops walked inside. They refused to aim, showing how a pen is more mightier than a sword in a situation. Howard knew that there would be an overreaction to his planned yell and it would stir Ivan to overact too. He shook his head and held his sword like a cane. He looked at the soldier and kindly asked him to move aside.

"Move aside mate, you just killed our forces on that ship. If you're mature like our red lads you would let me stop this"

He pointed to the troops behind him which still stood there with a clear calmed angry face with their weapons in their hands but not primed or aimed but prepared. Howard stood there, he was using his old tactic of  'Don't join me, there is no need to. However you should see my side and think about yours.'. It had worked before, and he hoped for it to work now or else his backup would need to come in use.

As he stood there, waiting for a reply he held his phone in his right hand. He blindly typed to James that there was a mutiny and that they may need background help within the lines.

Unlike the other who are engaged in battle, Natalya had a lot of free time. Mostly she was just sitting there twidding her thumbs while Mel and Thurgood and her shadow undead fight for their lives. It was at this moment that she noticed something cool happening. A lot of missiles approaching and a weirdo began multiplying. At times like this, there is only one option here. 

"Cool," Natalya giggled as she pulled out her phone and started recording the whole scene full of clusterfucks. Meanwhile, her spirit of protection had charged enough energy to cover Natalya in a bubble of protective barrier in case the missiles did hit. However, the little girl was greatly distracted by how horrible the whole battle is going and was trying her best to tone down her laughter to a soft snicker. Guffaws are are unbecoming of a young lady after arll.

"Gotta upload this in 'Grumble' once I get back in the mainland."

Ivan's immediate anger seemed to go away briefly, and he replied:

'I believe you want me to stay away and let the guy who just killed two innocent pilots get away freely, and for me to just ignore that fact. How can I know that this dude will be reprimanded for the careless destruction of property and loss of life he has created.....this is why I fired on him. To make sure he pays for his murders, even if it has to be his own life that is the price.'

Now, something became immediately clear: Ivan just wanted to see justice for those that were killed by Masuda, and he didn't care what kind of justice it was. If Masuda was reprimanded and scrutinized for his acts, that would also do. But Ivan, at that moment, knowing it was his only current option available, had wanted retribution. 

To someone like Howard, this would be apparent: Ivan never wanted to specifically see justice as harming Masuda, but, it was his only option where he didn't trust all other possibilities, as he never would know if letting Masuda live and then him getting away with it for free would happen, and well suspected it would.
@Jack Howard

Edited by Agent Knockout

Howard stood there, thinking. He collected evidence of how many were on the ship, how many would be killed, how many Ivan lost and many many other pieces of evidence within the span of 10 seconds. and looked at Ivan like a precise detective at a crime scene. he rested his head on his hand, leaned on one foot and lowered a brow and said a very simple statement.

"I saw.. two planes get struck and fall.. Right. You caused their deaths by targeting a ship that is already in a boarding operation with five beings of immense power that can win this battle for us. You know that. Now.. what you have just done is launch rockets that will probably kill them because they shot down two planes with rockets you shot at them knowing fully that they are on board and you shoot again in 'revenge' because they acted in defence.. seems a bit odd to me, wouldn't you agree?"

'I targeted the ship knowing that the accuracy of missiles fired at point-blank range is going to be high, and will cause little collateral damage. The pilots executed their manuevers as they were intended, and at that range, a good hit was almost certain.' he replied. 'Besides, if I incapacitate more pirates by accident, good. They are the enemy, after all.'

Ivan looked at him with equal look as if he was a detective as well.

@Jack Howard

Edited by Agent Knockout