Zashiii

[GS] Pisces

Spoiler

winter_space_by_sali4n_dcmi8gc-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.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.BqSHKNiDwR1NgOD4MiSP8yM1p6Brya_dA_z5KONN9Nk

・・・】 God: Pisces: Pisces
・・・】 God Slayer: @Zashiii 

・・・】 OOC: Thread @Aleksei

Winter. The advent of Pisces brought forth a deadly wave of frost and snow. Her presence alone froze the waves of the sea and brewed a thick snowstorm. The nearby coastal village has experienced such devastation, some of its denizens dropping dead from the cold. The remaining few are hidden deep within their homes, huddling against each other for what little warmth their bodies can provide. The clock is ticking and the longer Pisces rages, the more glacial does the area become. Soon, this place would be nothing more than frozen wasteland. A fitting tomb for a former god of Winter.

Edited by Zashiii

"The god of winter," the Mistress spoke to her comrades, "Pisces, as the other gods called it. It might proved to be a harder quarry than I had anticipated."

Even in the freezing cold, the white-haired woman still paraded without the need of warmer clothing nor protection from the elements. She only needed to constantly warm herself through her own abilities, a feat she greatly excelled with. Years of constant practice and extreme training had allowed her to subconsciously protect herself from the harsh elements. This allowed her ease of movement within this frigid realm that Pisces had wreaked across this patch of Nehalen. It's still bloody cold thought.

"This is why I hate god! I wish they could just die in peace."

Shishi looked back at her sister. She had been traveling with the woman for a few days now and had long since accustomed to the brewing cold. As someone blessed by another goddess of light, she had an easier time acclimating to the cold and thus felt felt bad for her sister who is supposedly 'struggling.'

"We can still wait Pisces out, sister. Time is on our side."

Perhaps what Shishi said might be true but there is no actual guarantee. That and leaving Pisces unattended for too long might attract other slayers of gods. That is a circumstance both sisters did not want to worry about. 

"At least Pisces hasn't noticed us yet," continued Shishi as she looked up at the massive twenty something feet deity floating just above the frozen waters. "We could attack it now."

Shishi's sister, the Mistress, finally responded. "Not yet. Remember what I discussed last time?"

Edited by Zashiii

INTERLUDE - THE GATHERING

The group had been planning this fight for a couple of days now. Unlike other godslayers, the Mistress and her party take their time to study and prepare for the impending hunt. Making good use of the knowledge they had received from the previous gods they had 'slayed' and absorbed, they had worked up a possible plan to slay Pisces. A few days back, she had gathered every able body in Nehalen and had given them the necessary plans and precautions.

"Pisces, as everyone here knows, is a child of Ventus and bringer of winter. Herald of clouds. Herald of Light. Herald of Peace. As we had gleamed from the memories of other gods, she had this relationship with Libra, a toxic love-hate relationship with Libra but that is not relative to our fight. Another factor to consider is that Pisces' mood affects her winters. Cosmic ice and water are her abilities so better watch out."

Edited by Zashiii

INTERLUDE - THE REPORTING

Standing before her are her chosen companions. 'Chosen' here means that they are the only ones available at the moment. Still, they are more than enough given with what little resources they have. Still, she was confident that their plan would succeed. All they needed to do is not mess up the execution.

The flames of their campfire barely warmed the group as they waited for the Mistress (Middy Ochre) to continue. They had an inkling of what she planned to do but hearing it is different from assuming. As the night wind brought another round of shivering and trembling, the Mistress started talking.

"Shishi and I have scouted Pisces with a few recon trips. We have noticed that Pisces had no intention of leaving her new domain which is both a pro and a con for us. We could take advantage of this...."

Edited by Zashiii

INTERLUDE- THE PLANNING

Everyone's attention is focused on her now, eagerly waiting for her next words. Her lips pursed as she pondered on the group's next course of action. It would be a very long discussion and she was already on her second stick of cigar. Taking another lungful of lucrative cigar smoke, the woman known as the Mistress began her explanation.

"The idea is to strike from multiple fronts. With all the god essences open for us, only three are usable at the moment. Four if we count Shishi's goddess. Striking from three points would be optimal, like a triangle. Each point should have a divine essence ready for the anti-divine spell. We'll be using these essences as focal points for the spell. This however does not outfight kill Pisces but only contains its godly powers. This should be enough to bring Pisces down to a manageable level. While we set things up, I will have to distract him. I will also act as the center of the spell formation."

INTERLUDE- THE DESIGNATION

There are five of them including the Mistress. Serraida Mavajo, Khakina Khatun, Shishi Delan Friggadotter, Natalya Frigadotter, and of course, Middy Ochre (Midian Frigadotter) or more locally known as the Mistress. She would have asked the old man Suzy but somehow, the aged fogey seemed to have left. He would have been a big help but the Mistress had expected this. The man only came her to show them how to deal with gods. Once he has taught them a method, the old coot no longer had any purpose in the fight. With the heavy sigh, the Mistress began giving assignments.

"Sera and Khaki. You two will have Sagittarius. You'll be taking the left rear point. Shishi and Natalya will be taking the right rear point with Cialo. Please be careful you two. I don't want our deceased mother to start nagging me from beyond the grave if anything bad were to happen to you. That just leaves me with Montis Maximus and the nameless goddess. I will take the full brunt of Pisces' force as I have the highest chance of survival in a frontal battle."

Present Time...

Returning back from their last reconnaissance, the Mistress and her sister were trying their best to be inconspicuous. They were careful enough to keep their voices low in hopes that it would drown with the sounds of the local made by the local wild life. In hushed whispers, the two continued their discussion.

"Are you sure you are ready for this?" Shishi asked, barely hiding the concern in her voice.

The elder sister scowled. "Are you making fun of me? The Mistress?"

"Not like that, you silly," came Shishi's warm reply. "I'm just making sure your head is in the game."

The woman known as the Mistress could not even muster a reply.

"Sorry," the younger sister apologized after that sudden change in her sister's mood "I'm just concerned. We've been hunting gods nonstop. We are bound to breakdown sooner or later."

Present Time...

The other members of the group were waiting for the two to appear. The heavy mood brought by the rather pouting duo felt like a bad omen for their upcoming hunt. Should the the group be concerned? But anything regarding the two sisters was not something anyone in the group would ever want to be involved. Family problems are way out of their pay grade.

Taking a deep breath, the woman once known as the Mistress spoke to everyone present.

"It's time."

Grim-faced, everyone nodded in assent as they prepared for the first and final confrontation with Pisces, the Herald of Winter.

Sera and Khaki and ????

The two were silent now. There was no more need for words. Now is the time for action. They both had one task. To get as close as possible to the god known as Pisces. As one, the two girls slowly made their way through the snowy forest, crawling through the undergrowth and keeping themselves as low as possible. Pisces might be a god but it has its faults. Approaching it from below should be possible as long as one has extreme precaution.

However, thing will not go as they expected. It was at this moment that Khakina slipped on something and her body rolled away from Sera. The other girl cursed silently and tried to rush after her rolling friend but was then stopped by a familiar stranger...

@danzilla3

Spoiler

A good chance for Som to appear.

Edited by Zashiii

As Khaki rolled, she would find herself caught in a pair of strong arms before being lifted into the sky. Som rarely had the chance to play the gallant hero, but it seemed like he had arrived just it time. He landed in front of Sera and helped Khaki get to her feet. After making sure that she was okay, he would turn his attention towards the other woman. He rubbed the back of his head and smiled.

"Fancy seeing you here."

The pyromancer had first met the pair when they had hunted a powerful god, Montis Maximus. With their help, he had defeated the god and absorbed its essence to greatly increase his own power. He and Sera had then become intimate with each other. They had enjoyed each others company for a week or so before the three parted ways. Som had often thought about her in the time they were apart.

He wondered if she had thought about him?

"Not fancy enough!" hissed Sera while keeping her voice low. She tackled the pyromancer intending to take him down, albeit more gently than usual. "Just lie low and try to be silent."

Meanwhile, Khakina regarded the pair with perplexed sigh and a rather obvious bit of eyerolling. Hunching low, Khaki too tried to make herself smaller and hopefully less inconspicuous. They need time and preparation to trap the god and finish this battle quicker and safer than usual. In sense, the impending fight might just be a replay of how they took down Sagittarius.

Satisfied with Khaki's actions, Sera turned back to Som and whispered in his ear. "Just be silent and follow us. The fight will be starting soon." Then she looked away from the man to hide the sudden flare of redness on her cheeks. "I did not expect to see you this soon." @danzilla3

NATALYA AND SHISHI

Parallel to Khakina and Sera, were another pair. One is Shishi Ravenbush, the younger sister of the Mistress and daughter of the deceased Lady Frigga, and the other is Natalya of Izral, the true successor to the dead Lady Blackbush. Two individuals divided by opposing factions and yet brought together by their intertwined fates. How and why the white-haired woman decided to pair these two up were something not even these two could ever fathom. If only these two were not taking on a threat larger than them, they would have been at each others' throats by now.

While walking side by side under the cover of the forest flora, Natalya could not help herself but ask Shishi Ravenbush. "Umm....what exactly are these divine essence cores that Middy is so addicted to?"

"Aaaahh," Shisthi replied after a while, "The same gods that we all have been fighting. We are not actually slaying them but instead we are more like enslaving them to our will. The essences are nothing more but their sealed form. We can tap into their power by taking in these essences but only at a limited time."

"I see. So the gods are still alive?"

"Yes. Inside the essences. Mostly sleeping while waiting for the day Middy can give them a new home."

"What happened to their bodies? I visited their tombs but there was no sign of the body at all."

Shishi paused to look at Natalya. "There was no more need for it. Their bodies are just exterior shells and are still within the essence."

Edited by Zashiii

Sera dragging him to the ground brought back fond memories, as many of their nights together had started that way. On instinct his hands started to travel under his lovers shirt before he remembered where they were. Turning her head back to face him, he gave her a brief, but passionate kiss before getting back up. A moment later he got his game face on, and was ready to fight.

"I missed you too. I'll wait for your mark."

That was a rather passionate kiss and Sera was not that frigid as not to respond. Still, this was not the right time and place for that so she had to keep her raging hormones in check. Rolling her eyes, Sera reached for the man's groin and gave it a little squeeze before letting go. "Stand down, general," she growled under her breath. "You can stand at attention later once we're done with this bad boy."

WIth that done, they would continue to move ahead. Slowly and cautiously.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Natalya and Shishi would be fast approaching their target locations. It was only a matter of time before the white-haired woman would get in position and start the ritual. Now they just have to wait for that signal.