"I will level with you, my Brother. I am invested in the People--I wager my godhood that I can restore the Senarian civilization to its glory. I believe I can liberate them from a vicious cycle."

"You impress me with your boldness, Banished One. If you can indeed, you will be allowed to return to the Inner Planes and receive your mantle once more. Should you fail, your punishment will be eternal."

Once upon a time there was a splendid civilization that saw a golden age.

And then? it fell.

And from the ashes, another civilization rose, destined--surely--for greatness.

But it too, fell.

The Sun God Arundae'raa--a Trickster God, saw this and was saddened.

He made a wager with his brother Dema; the God of the Moon, of dreams and destruction

And then a Sovereign child was born.

You see, the Sun God had tricked his brother--as Tricksters do--with this sovereign child.

He was determined to see the people who once worshiped him rebuild new.

Though he too--in time--fell.

But not before he had given his champion the tools and knowledge needed to liberate her people and rebuild.

And so, she did.

SGed7pxt.png

--

• Interest Check: Lorebuilding/Lorecrafting
  • Genre: Medieval Fantasy®/ Lite Exalta Crystal & Steam Tech
  • Cit(y)ies:
  1. The Sovereign City of Hyperion - Hyperion City is a melting pot of Asian-inspired cultures and serves as the imperial capital, wrapped up in a magical setting and overshadowed by a divine war.
  2. Vinosea, the City of Thieves - If you like all things roguish, court of thieves, criminal underworld with conspiracies, sin and debauchery you'll find your fill in Vinosea.
  3. The Sentinel City of Athadas - Military? War? Weapons and armor? Harsh training, dragon riding and political plots? Athadas. Always in Athadas.
  4. The Garden City of Brehill - Those who enjoy botany, medicines, poisons, agriculture and gardening will enjoy Brehill's more slice of life pace.
  5. The Arcane City of Imradel - Sorcery and arcane? Guilds and all things magic and institutionalized education? Imradel is your city.

Hi guys! Linty here. Been a while since I've done one of these! First let me say, I am overly thrilled that Port Kyros is thriving. Thank you for your awesome support! Now? It's time to rebuild Hyperion and its satellite cities.  You see, while I was AFV I asked some awesome folks (I see you danzilla, Rin) to kick down my sandcastle in Fracture so I could eventually rebuild it in Genesaris--and so, here we are! Each city is unique in its flavor, and there will be tons of opportunities in each one. 

Just take a peek and see what's available to you... :detect:

Spoiler

Repeatable Opportunities 

Paradise, Found – The city has opened its doors and there's much to be seen and found in this new western paradise! Explore up above as well as below, discover new flora and fauna then catalog them neatly! This is a wonderful opportunity to create new quests for future materials exclusive to the Hyperian Empire.

Become Somebody – Become a local and make the city your home. Whether you aim to become famous—or infamous—there’s plenty of room for you here. You will have the freedom to seamlessly integrate into the lore and be a part of its ever-growing story All walks of life are welcome!

Noble, Rising – Establish a Noble House and help bend and twist the tricky politics of the city. Create a character for an existing Noble House or be ambitious and create your own! For more information about how to establish a noble house or where, see the Noble Houses tab in the Hyperian Club

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility – Become the grandest of nobility and establish your Noble House as a Regency. Regents are responsible for shaping the lore of the land and creating fantastic stories and opportunities for their citizens. Tread lightly—for other nobility have the power to overthrow. Serious inquiries only!

Carpe Terra – As the Empire grows, so too does the need for land. Expand the borders and explore new territories to settle. Regents, Nobles, Military and Notable Individuals will have the opportunity to expand their territories.

It’s Just Business – Money makes the world go ‘round as they say. Establish a business as a Hot Spot location and establish trade with neighboring cities. A Hot Spot is a Hub thread, meaning your business will be accessible to the every day locals that may come and go as they please. It’s a fantastic opportunity for the smaller, interpersonal stories.

Enable the Ordinary to Do the Extraordinary – There’s nothing more heartfelt than having like-minded people with like-minded goals they’re passionate about. Whether it’s a faction or union, a guild or a coven—create your own organization or join an existing one.

Tell Your Story – Host you plot in any given city. You will have the ability to impact existing lore and create new opportunities and adventures for others. Go at it solo or hit the Watercooler to gather your cast of characters and tell us a story for the ages.

...a lot, as you can see!

Q: So what is Hyperion?

Hyperion is the overarching name of an empire made of several magic-drenched cities and queendoms in Genesaris that operate under a little lady named Queen Raveena and her family

Q: And you need what now?

Just some stellar folks who enjoy writing awesome things to join me in (a) thread(s) (and hopefully, many more in the future!) to build these supa' rad cities.

The only lore pages that are written out but not set in stone is Hyperion City and Brehill. You will each have an opportunity to contribute something--not just to the thread of building the city, but to the lore pages as well. If you have something in mind? Let's talk about it! I want to hear from you! Because these cities will be newly minted, they can be malleable and fleshed out within the scope of their themes. 

If you have an interest in helping to build more than one, you're more than welcome to jump between threads with whatever characters you'd like. Tech is light and magitech in nature, with room to grow! I have a lot of sweet artifacts and treasures to roll out after this, but I wanna do right by the lore and get these places canonized, first!

All in all, I'm opening up the doors to you guys to come and help me get this idea off the ground and  carve up the Rising West with activity.

Most importantly, we aim to misbehave are going to rock out and have fun. :bigsmile: And in the spirit of continuing to name thread titles after songs, you should totally listen to this super cool song that inspired said IC title. :detect:

Spoiler

Anyway. Come help me rebuild!

---

Well fuck, if only I had a character that is happiest when he's building shit, and perhaps another that wants to be more involved in a business or something...

...oh wait...

totally fucking do!

Thurgood does have experience in building roads if nothing else. The Moss Forest Highway and most of the intercity roads on Corinth are still standing firm under lots of traffic.

Lorebuilding?
You bet your ass godhood I'm interested!

The Hyperian empire has been here for much longer than I have, and only recently have I started to build my organization, the VCF.

I'd love to branch out and network with more established factions 😄 And due to the fact that the strongest bases/influences within the VCF is mostly asian (What was facility 05, soon to be built Habatoshi city, Facility 02) I think the VCF and the Hyperian empire will get along rather nicely!

I'm thinking of ambassadors being exchanged (Facility 02, also known as Fujikome, is a diplomatic hub and planned to be hopefully sort of a "United nations" location like the building within New york), a treaty and a possible alliance, and maybe a site being built? 😄 Would strengthen relations I bet

What do you think?

7 hours ago, Manuel 'Min' Requíza said:

Thieves guild looking real nice 🤔🤔

I am hoping for many guilds really. Each with their own plot or flavor. Merchant Guilds, Thieves Guilds, Mage Guild, etc, etc, etc.

But really the ones people are worth investing in will be focused on. If the people want a thieves guild, the people shall have it!  Vinosea is run by thieves and such who prefer the criminal underworld life.

The queen was married to such a fellow in another life. She has an unusually open mind about it. She understands not everyone has had the opportunity to lead a conventional life, and has often times looked the other way.

The informants and allies of the Aralim are usually thieves, mercs and such who supply information or aid in a non official capacity, generally as thanks for being left alone to do what they do best. Mutual backscratching and such.

But I just love the idea of having a city that isn't restricted by its sovereign authority. My Santado Island functions the same way. The Empire watches, but would only really swoop in if something extremely disastrous were happening. or supplies were needed.

10 minutes ago, Malintzin said:

I am hoping for many guilds really. Each with their own plot or flavor. Merchant Guilds, Thieves Guilds, Mage Guild, etc, etc, etc.

But really the ones people are worth investing in will be focused on. If the people want a thieves guild, the people shall have it!  Vinosea is run by thieves and such who prefer the criminal underworld life.

The queen was married to such a fellow in another life. She has an unusually open mind about it. She understands not everyone has had the opportunity to lead a conventional life, and has often times looked the other way.

The informants and allies of the Aralim are usually thieves, mercs and such who supply information or aid in a non official capacity, generally as thanks for being left alone to do what they do best. Mutual backscratching and such.

But I just love the idea of having a city that isn't restricted by its sovereign authority. My Santado Island functions the same way. The Empire watches, but would only really swoop in if something extremely disastrous were happening. or supplies were needed.

Yea ill probably work on it after getting my feet wet with the initial quest I'm doing soon. It wouldn't be necessary a thrives guild, more of a info/merc one. Taking long time missions to uproot or create discord etc. I'll flesh it out later though. One thing at a time.

Just now, Manuel 'Min' Requíza said:

Yea ill probably work on it after getting my feet wet with the initial quest I'm doing soon. It wouldn't be necessary a thrives guild, more of a info/merc one. Taking long time missions to uproot or create discord etc. I'll flesh it out later though. One thing at a time.

You should talk to @danzilla3 about Aphelion. That is essentially what they do in Hyperion.