Posted (edited)

I'm going to give this one more go before I dump it into the ever-growing pile of stillborn RPs:

Beneath Vdara city lies the Dragon Grounds, a place where dragon kin raise their young, nurse their eggs, accumulate their treasure hoards and live in privacy with their own kind. 

Recently there's been a cave-in. Strange creatures now roam the caves and the populace is fleeing where they can. A sinkhole has linked the surface city of Vdara with the Dragon Grounds, and many non-dragon citizens have become trapped as well.

Players can join Torie (see my signature) to rescue survivors, fight mysterious monsters or plunder the dragon's treasures. The latter must be done in secret, as Torie isn't likely to let you get away with it without opposition!

Original Info:

There’s been a cave-in in the Dragon Grounds, the cave network where the dragon residents of Vdara city reside.

What’s more, the caves are now infested with strange creatures attacking the rescuers. They leave their victims either dead, or in a state of delirium that prevents them recalling their attackers correctly. Most of the rescuers have been driven off, though cries for help still echo out of the entrance.

Torie just can’t sit aside and listen to the screams. She heads back to the nearest inn and asks for capable warriors, healers or adventurers to join her in getting as many people out as possible. This is where you come in. Those who choose to join her will be fighting monsters, rescuing the injured (draconian and humanoid), and trying to determine what is going on: Is the appearance of these creatures a coincidence, or is this the beginning of a subterranean invasion that threatens the entire city?

Edited by Venus Sprite

Dragon residents? Interesting. I think i might be a fit for this one. I have 3 characters I'm willing throw in. They are Dauner, Gozen and Shelly You can find details about them in my signature. I'm a frequent poster most of the times and i can do both long and short posts. I'll be glad if you would have me.

22 minutes ago, Dabi said:

Dragon residents? Interesting. I think i might be a fit for this one. I have 3 characters I'm willing throw in. They are Dauner, Gozen and Shelly You can find details about them in my signature. I'm a frequent poster most of the times and i can do both long and short posts. I'll be glad if you would have me.

Sounds good! I like the idea of a dragon coming along, so Dauner or Gozen would be welcome company. If Dauner loves food he'd get along well with Torie.

Guest TheShadow

Hmm intresting. What region of valucre will this be taking place in ?. I am not sure where the dragon grounds of vdara city is 

1 hour ago, TheShadow said:

Hmm intresting. What region of valucre will this be taking place in ?. I am not sure where the dragon grounds of vdara city is 

It's in Genesaris, in Vdara. Here's the link to the page. If you search "Dragon Grounds" it'll lead you directly to a brief description of the area. All that it says is this: "The hills that reside on the edge of the Castle property open up into the Dragon Grounds: a series of caverns and open areas where the majority of the dragon population reside. Despite the difficulty of entering this area through conventional means of travel, the area is also off limits to the locals."

I didn't pick up on the remoteness of the area, though it would be right near the city. Perhaps a part of the caverns that collapsed made a new opening in the city proper. Or perhaps, with @Malaysia NightReaver or @Ayden's permission, there could be a heavily guarded service tunnel leading from the human part of the city to the dragon grounds, so that the dragons' servants have fast access to their lairs?

Guest TheShadow
Posted (edited)

Alright I may have a character that might fit in well. Although she is not fully fleshed out yet but I think I can make her work. Since a part of her would want to help out when she can.  

My other characters are mostly villains and would want to only come along not to help but to like find more test subjects ( draconian). So it's up to you which one you want me to bring 

@Venus Sprite

Edited by TheShadow

56 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

Alright I may have a character that might fit in well. Although she is not fully fleshed out yet but I think I can make her work. Since a part of her would want to help out when she can.  

My other characters are mostly villains and would want to only come along not to help but to like find more test subjects ( draconian). So it's up to you which one you want me to bring 

@Venus Sprite

Either is fine. But it's much more interesting if you don't tell me which one it is!

Guest TheShadow
10 hours ago, Venus Sprite said:

Either is fine. But it's much more interesting if you don't tell me which one it is!

Alright sounds good!, I will surprise you than 

This looks fun and interesting!

Some additional information, to do with as you please for the sake of the RP, about the Dragon Grounds. 

Once inside Vdara, the Dragon Grounds are easily accessible through the Castle. However, it is not open to the locals. You will, shouldn't be able to, find easy access to the Dragon Grounds through the Castle. It would be guarded and monitored, by Dragon Knights and Golden Shields (guards). If a cave in of the Dragon Grounds occurred, I would imagine (knowing the layout of the land), that a pocket or additional entrance could be found that was not attached to the Castle. The caverns could be vast and large, large enough for young dragons to pass through with little issue. 

On a side note: The Dragon Grounds are of large importance to Vdara. This is where many of the people come to make pacts with the Dragons. It is where the Dragons nurture their young, and it is where some who want nothing to do with the population remain to avoid being bothered. Saving them would be of utmost importance. 

If you need anything from me, please let me know. Otherwise,

Enjoy!

Thank you Ayden for providing feedback, I apologize for the late response.. my week has been a bit busy. 

I will also mention that at this time that Malaysia and Ayden are not in Vdara as they are on an important quest elsewhere,  the protection of the city is in the hands of their children, Princess Anastasia and Prince Aremis, and Malaysia's brother, MorceLa'Kai Abaz. I would imagine to get access to the caved in area inside the castle, the ventures would need to ask permission to go in there. Also it might be in your guy's interest to bring it to the attention of the castle, because if so, you guys may acquire more help to assist with the rescue. Just a thought of course, if you have any questions or need help, please let me know. 

Thanks, @Malaysia NightReaver and @Ayden! That's very helpful info. I think my plan is to have part of the city proper collapse into the dragon caves. There can be injured and trapped locals below as well as the residents of the dragon grounds themselves. Then the party can get to work rescuing people and fighting monsters. The quest would start before the Dragon Knights or Golden Shields realise the sinkhole connects directly to the dragon grounds, so permission shouldn't be an issue. We just go in, start rescuing/fighting and discover an extended cave network. Would that work?

The Dragon Grounds sound much more interesting than the Vdara page gives it credit for!

So, I'll wait about 2 more days and then we can get started, @Dabi and @TheShadow. I just want to make sure we don't miss anyone else who's interested!

The first post is up here: 

We're still looking for two more players, so if you're interested in jumping into a rescue RP in a forbidden realm of dragons and monsters and darkness, please express your interest here or via PM 🙂