Vaudevillian

(OOC)Hunt the False Hydra (The Frim Fram Sauce)

Posted (edited)

A few days ago, a scout returned to Hydra's Haven from an outing. He spoke frantically of a mad people who presided east of Lunaris, claiming that they had gone insane. He himself exhibited strange symptoms in the following days, changing his story; never adding up to his original claim afterward. With no shortage of hired hands between and about Taen and Fracture, an immediate listing was posted for work. An added note advises caution, as scholars have theorized that some strange, vile creature may have manipulated the village into becoming it's mind slaves. Little is known about said creature, due to those who survived encounters with such only hardly able to acknowledge it's very existence in retrospect. What is almost certain, is that something in the Moss Forest is driving people insane, likely preying on them. It is possibly capable of exerting psionic ability, and told to resemble the liking of a rare Eldritch Hydra of some sort. The listing asks for any of guile or glory to gather at the inn in Hydra's Haven and ask the keep for a man known as 'Jared Haywood' to inquire further.

Mission Title ~ Hunt and Kill the False Hydra
Mission Location ~ Unnamed village, east of Lunaris
Mission Reward ~ Gem encrusted gold statue + ??? (With acquisition of knowledge about the monster)
Mission Requirements ~ 8 Post Minimum
Description ~ A recon scout into a village which had fallen silent reported back, stating the village had fallen into a state of insanity. Scholars have researched into the matter, believing the village to have fallen under the control of a prior monitored false hydra. Use whatever means necessary to exterminate the creature. It is desired that minimum casualties occur, but will not result in any penalty. Research into false hydras is highly advised. 

I'm looking for 1-3 other people to help hunt down this bad boy. It's going to be an odd tale, involving slaying a fleshy snek monster, some dancing villagers, a Doo Wop siren song, and potential brain damage. 😉

While the quest was set at an 8 post minimum, I'd like to see it through as either a B or A ranked quest. Meaning, 2+ pages for a B rank, or 3+ as an A rank. 80 word minimum per post. This is to meet the canonization requirements for The Veluriyam Empire, specifically Taen.

Additionally, other possible reward could be gleaned from this quest in the form of learning an 'Eldritch Doo Wop Hymn' which will be elaborated on in thread, and whatever benefits/deficits could come with partial, or permanent 'Split-Brain' disorder; with Shafafa on the side.

Post below with questions, or to show interest, and I'll get back to you as shortly as possible. I'll likely have the interest check available for a few days, or until we've reached capacity; at which point I'll be setting the thread up.

Edited by Vaudevillian

@ticklefarte

Will do, I'll put you on the list.

@Jiv'undus

Welcome aboard. I'd be glad to have him along.

@Zashiii

You already know what's up. You never disappoint friend. Ever a pleasure, and always invited. 😘

Drop me your character sheets when you get the chance, either here or in a DM. I'll go ahead and set up the thread. It'll be up later today. Any questions, concerns beforehand?

Threads up. Feel free to fill in the posting order, and make sure to get me those sheets whenever possible (although there's no immediate rush on that.) I'd like to have roughly five days between rounds to push this along, so I'll post again on Thursday, or before if we've all posted. The first few will be within the Inn so if someone needs more time, or wants to sit the round out then let me know. We have time to get cozy IC.

19 hours ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

Still open..? 👀💦

I'm going to say yes on this. With the sudden epidemic afoot, we should be able to maintain a consistent output of content amongst five people, even if it rolls slowly throughout.

IC thread is here. Drop me a character sheet and post this round if you'd like.

@Zashiii @Jiv'undus Feel free to post in this round whenever you're ready.

I'd like to move into the next round around the weekend.

I apologize for my delay, I work in a hospital as security and while I'm hardly as vital or busy as a nurse or doctor I've been VERY busy.

I will try to get a post out this week, but I quite honestly can't promise anything.

16 hours ago, Jiv'undus said:

I apologize for my delay, I work in a hospital as security and while I'm hardly as vital or busy as a nurse or doctor I've been VERY busy.

I will try to get a post out this week, but I quite honestly can't promise anything.

Completely understandable. Thank you for letting me know. Feel free to routinely stay in touch, and no rush on the post.

16 hours ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

sheet. Unfinished but I’ve got more of him in my head than on paper atm so forgive me! 

Go ahead and post when you're ready. I'll keep an eye on your sheet as you update it.