MaskedHero

A Knight's Lament

"I mean I could have you executed for treason and no one would blink an eye if there was any evidence of it. Might even consider exile"

The Queen would watch the Black Knight along the room before her stood before her. Leaning off the pillar she'd look up at him with a grin,

"But I don't think I will because you just answered my question. Gauen, you've always protected me and my family. Although I must take even a whisper into consideration, I know who you are and what you stand for. I was hesident at first because I know some habits die hard but I need you to keep protecting me and the next heir to the Empire as well as the court. Not just as a guard but as one of my bests friends." 

@MaskedHero

"This... is not the first time we have stood like this.  Two sides of the same coin."

He shook his head solemnly, turning back from her to cast a gaze outwards to the shrines view.

"Times are changing your Majesty, the way of the warrior is being overshadowed by those who have gained more power than they know what to do with."

The knights attention snapped back to the queen, one of the few people allowed to gaze at her in such a piercing, inquisitive way.

"I am still willing to forfeit my life in your stead, but would that be enough to ensure your safety anymore?  The forces you and I have seen are vast to say the least about them."

@Mackenzie Rose

"I suppose we are the two sides of a coin flipped by the gods hands"

Her eyebrow arched at the mention of the times changing, "That is true but we grow strong with the time changing"

She paused for a moment as her knight would snap his attention back to her.

"Why wouldn't that be enough? I risk my life every day for my people so why should I not trust my people who would lay their life down for me" 

@MaskedHero

"Syn. She had a run in with man named.." Minori paused for a moment trying to remember.

"Silkmouth..? No. Cotton-Candy? Oh gods no that's it. Fuck, what was it..."

Trailing of she'd tap her foot furiously before snapping to life.

"Cottonmouth! That's the name!" 

@MaskedHero

A dead silence suddenly hung in the air around Gauen, his mouth open a bit as the words seem to hit him like a punch to his gut.

"He's.... still alive?"

An exhale of his common worry would follow as he shifted uneasily on his feet.

"Now I know its fake... but.... what's his gain..."

Thoughts drifted absentmindedly out of his mouth as he turned to pace a bit, his armor jingling with him

@Mackenzie Rose

His head shook again, trying to keep the Demon Knight far from his thoughts.

"What happens now, your Highness..? Do I assume command of my guards like nothing happened?  Will the public know of this court scandal? ..." 

The knight trailed off once more, he was using the weight of work to cover things up like he always did, and it seemed to be getting more noticable with each attempt.  With a few steps back to the stone bench, the helmet that was his second face was doned once more to hide his expression and true motives.  

"What happens now...." 

@Mackenzie Rose

"We move on and for the good of the people they will not know of this scandal until we are dead and the stories of our lives are turned into song!" 

Although her usual energised mood, she'd try and contain herself.

"You carry on as the Captain of the Queenguard and we find whoever this Cottonmouth is and we figure out what angel he is playing whilst taking care of our people." 

@MaskedHero

"...As you wish, your Majesty."

These rather solemn sounding words echoed out of the unseen void of the helmet, the close shave with him loosing everything hes known for years now rattling him a bit.

"Where now?"

@Mackenzie Rose

Edited by MaskedHero

"Weeell-!" 

Minori with a large grin would go to the man's side. Despite the difference in height would link her right arm in between his left, 

"We should probably head home then make our way to the Bastion. Something bigs coming I feel!"

With a sharp nod of her head she'd then tilt her head like a wolf would waiting for someone to say something. 

@MaskedHero

Though it was unseen, a weak smile of normality returning spread across the Black Knights face as he glanced down at his ruler, his Queen.  

"Your gut is usually better than mine, your Majesty.  I shall accompany you wherever life takes you."

@Mackenzie Rose