Phoebe

A Sickness to all Cures [Class B Quest]

A string of drug related deaths had thrown the city of Casper into a frenzy. It was evident that a serial killer was on the loose, but the nature of the murders led to the uncovery of few meaningful clues. Although the murders were highly similar in nature, none of them seemed to point an accusing finger in any distinct direction. Thus, the case was left open ended, until of course more drastic measures were called into play.

Addison stared long and hard at the wanted notice, which promised a reward for whomever was able to provide information regarding the murders. Even if the sum of the reward had been any less hefty than it was, Addison would have tried her hand at it nonetheless. Innocent people were dying at the hand of obscure threats. As a knight, it was her duty to face these threats and put them to rest.

And so she sat and waited, having dispatched interest flyers the day before and received a single response from an individual whom had signed their name off with the letter 'V'.

@Mackenzie Rose

"I was the only one who responded." 

The woman's voice was more toned towards that of someone questioning something but 'V' could already tell the answer. Keeping the bandanna over her face the slender woman would walk over to the knights side. Not biding Addison a glance as 'V's attention was souly on the poster, looking at the price attached to the note. 

'V' was never one to work with authoritative figures but after the run in with the two of them in the tavern how ever many weeks ago and 'V's new found interest of some sort of the man whom she had spoken to. Seeing Addison's post looking for someone to help her with this quest was seen as a sign from the gods above that something larger was afoot.  

@Phoebe

Edited by Mackenzie Rose
To add a ping xD

"Ah- hello!" Addison exclaimed with delight, stepping off the ground to shake the hand of the other woman. She assumed an open, uninterrogative stance. She had no intention of startling, frightening, or stirring tension with her newfound companion. On another world, she may have been close to a Queen, but here, she was a nobody. And thus, she did away with any formidable hauteur, reminiscing what it felt like to truly be free, to truly be oneself.

"A pleasure to meet you. Your voice sounds a tad bit familiar. Have we met before?"

@Mackenzie Rose

"I conversed with a companion of yours, Hawk, If I remember correctly. The one looking for information on a lost friend of his." 

Gripping the woman's forearm instead of her hand as she did whenever meeting someone. Her voice was monotone and dry, not showing much emotion at all. 

@Phoebe

Addison blinked twice in surprise when the woman took her forearm.

Well, that's new.

She reached forward in equal length, gripping the woman's. . . Forearm - affirmatively and assertively, shaking it with as much leverage as one could acquire from shaking a forearm.

"Ah- yes, Hawk. He's not with me right now. He'll either be in Predator's Keep on this continent, or overseeing the management of a temporary military base in Genesaris. Why, are you looking for him?"

She frowned in confusion. She had assumed that her companion would be here to help her investigate the situation.

@Mackenzie Rose

'V' could sense the knight was not use to the greeting and almost acquired a smile from her before she let go, swinging her arm to stay still at her side. 

"No I'm not looking for the man. I just have an answer to give him about his missing person. I'm here for the flyer you posted." 

'V's gaze would trail from Addison to the price tag on the investigation. 

@Phoebe

"Ah- yes. Then we are still in business, then," she clapped her hands together and grinned, gesturing for the other woman to follow her as she turned and strode off to a small apartment along the street. "Right this way."

At first, nothing seemed all too out of the ordinary with the apartment, until the door popped open almost effortlessly. It hadn't been locked. Inside the building, neatly arranged furniture lay largely untouched, and beautiful antique sculptures were aligned perfectly along their shelves. However, the moment they entered the kitchen, 'V' would have understood immediately why they were there.

Lying beautifully with her eyes wide open as if in a trance, was a young woman who couldn't have been older thirty. Her body was sprawled out and limp. There was no sign of any sort of struggle, no trauma, nothing. She looked so peaceful that one could have assumed that she had passed away in her sleep. That is, if there hadn't been more than several dozen other deaths just like this one that had occurred within the past month.

"Drug addict," Addison remarked. "Every victim so far has some sort of addiction to drugs. This is the only discernible pattern between the murders."

@Mackenzie Rose

'V' with a silent nod, followed her new business partner to wherever she would lead. A slight sense of excitement raising in her chest as she found herself in the mist of an investigation again, though the excitement slowly died down once the memory of what happened came tip toeing into her mind.

------------------------------------------------------------

Entering the apartment it didn't seem to bad. Not exactly cheap nor expensive, comfortable for a person to make a living in until they figure out what to do if they hadn't already. Though the woman Addison had lead her to didn't get the chance as she was dead, sprawled out on the floor of the kitchen. Listening carefully to Addison's words, 'V' would walk around the woman's body, looking over her.

"Whoever the culprit may be, may be either a dealer themselves or the distributor if all of them have been addicts."

She took a moment,

"Do we know who their dealers were or where they went to acquire their fix?" 

@Phoebe

That’s the problem,” Addison frowned. “The family swears ignorance about the woman’s drug addiction. From what I understand, the only person who had any leads on the case was the victim herself.

She shook her head.

I have a few ideas. What if we went undercover as drug abusers ourselves?

She shoved her hands into the pockets of her pants, the very thought of it numbering her immensely.

We might be able to infiltrate the drug trafficking market if there is one, and locate the person who supplied the victim with their goods.

@Mackenzie Rose

'V' remained silent at the displeasing news of the family knowing nothing. Did they truly know nothing or were they just playing coy not wanting their reputation tarnished by their daughter. 

"Disgising as addicts may just work," 

Her golden eyes flicked up to the knight, her head tilting as she looked down Addison's body. Crossing her arms over her chest as her eyes wanderer back to Addison's face. 

"Though you may need a new attire. No addict would wear armour such as yours."

@Phoebe

"Aigh," she smiled wearily. "Been a while since I've dealt with the mere petty criminal. And even when I did, I was more focused on how they were planning to kill me, than what they were wearing."

She took a brief moment to absorb the girl's corpse for inspiration.

"Got any ideas?"

She walked past her and peered out from the window, identifying several rows of clothing shops.

"If you can get me something nice to wear, I'll pay for both of our outfits."

@Mackenzie Rose

"Who exactly are you a knight for?" 

'V' would watch Addison as she moved towards the window peering out into the streets below. Moving over to a counter as 'V' slumped against it, outstretching her arms to lay in the middle of her legs. 

"You won't be wearing something nice if you're an addict but i'll find you something that hasn't got a spot of piss or blood on. I don't know if you'd want to come down there or not since I'm not quite sure if someone with my attire and your's would normally be seen around here. I've not been here to long myself." 

@Phoebe

Was a Knight for a kind lady,” she said vaguely. “Though that’s not the case anymore.

She leaned back into the house and headed for the door, her footsteps clanking noisily against the wooden floorboards.

Our paths diverged a long time ago.

The pair stood outside a small shophouse selling lower end street clothing. Addison leaned forward and observed the interior, gazing at several racks of designer clothes by startup fashion firms.

See anything that catches your eye?” she asked.

@Mackenzie Rose

Edited by Phoebe

"Other than people I don't  want to be around and the poor souls that will one day need my help, no. Nothing is catching my eye to be frank." 

Looking over the stalls of fabric upon fabric, nothing seemed to stand out and if it did it was far to bright for 'V's liking of staying the in background. Though she didn't exactly not like people 'V' was more of a watcher when it came to social gatherings, it hadn't always been that way but she was the product of her life's work, you can't change who you are. 

"You said before we left that you and your ladies paths diverged. You seemed to miss her. What happened?" 

@Phoebe

"It was a matter of differing ideals and conflicting beliefs," she replied tentatively, leading 'V' over to another store.

"It doesn't matter anymore. What does is that I'm no longer around to interfere with her affairs, and I'm no longer under any compulsion to fear the implications of my actions."

She pressed her fingers against the water droplets which had condensed against the glass, wiping it cleanly away and peering into the store.

"Clothing here looks a bit more mundane, what do you think?"

@Mackenzie Rose