Phoebe

A Sickness to all Cures [Class B Quest]

'V's head turned as the Knight spoke about her past, though her words did resonate with something within herself. 

"Without the fear of what our actions can bring upon us, who's to say we are not a God." Pulling her head back towards the clothing she'd see something that would make do, 

"Over there in the left corner. Plain enough that'll we'll blend in." 

@Phoebe

"As a wish friend of mine once said, there are no Gods or Kings, only Man," she asserted pushing the door of the store open and walking over to the dress which 'V' had pointed out.

"Ah- This thing? Looks lovely. I think we might just pull through with this."

Taking two articles of clothing off the shelves, she returned to the counter to make payment.

"Shady."

The pair stared down into a dark alleyway, at the end of which, was the silhouette of a man smoking his cigar.

"Do you think this seems right? I was hoping you'd have an idea of where we'd start looking for a drug dealer."

She placed her hands into the pockets of the newly acquired dress which they had bought from the store. Their equipment had been left in a small inn room which they rented out, taking only the necessary. Below her dress, a small inward strapped thigh holster held a collapsed composite spear in baton form, as well as a combat knife of no small importance. A small purse clasped in her right hand carried a small amount of money, just enough to get them through any illegal toll gates imposed in the more unscrupulous parts of the city.

@Mackenzie Rose

"You may just be right.  Either way, no matter who you are. We all end up six feet under." 

Following after Addison she'd look down at the dress. It was far from lovely but it did fit the part of an addict. 

"We'll look fine."

Moving towards the counter as she waited to pay for the new outfit.

Stopping at the opening of the ally way, 'V' would look to the man pointed out as shady. Her eyebrows arching as she looked over the shadowy figure. Dressed in the plain dress, 'V' had chosen to keep the black fabric around her face, letting it hang around her shoulders like a shawl rather than being tucked into her top like it usually was. The leather and fabric gloves that came to her elbow, with silver gloves on top of her hand that came to her wrist, still fastened to her body. The metal hub of the glove keeping the two blades hidden within side. 

"I'm not going to even take offence that you think I'm the sort of person to know where a drug dealer would reside." 

Her gaze would turn from the ally way to the Knight. Her tone of voice not offended but more trying to make light of the situation. 

"It depends if they're a high roller or a low roller. High rollers make you come to them for supply, they're often wealthier than most business owners if they're good. Low rollers are men like him from the looks of him."

@Phoebe

"I suppose we'll have to do a little deeper digging then," she nudged ' Vi' lightly in the elbow.

"Perhaps we could interrogate this 'low-roller' as you call him," she gestured down the alleyway, pointing discriminately at the man seated at in the alley.

"Would you like go first or shall I?" she placed her hands on her hips, raising her eyebrow in open invitation.

The man at the end of the corridor seemed to observe them back, taking a small cigar out of his coat and lighting it, creating a small sizzling brightness in the long, dark alley.

If anything, it only made the whole atmosphere feel even more sinister and underhanded.

@Mackenzie Rose

Her eyes went wide as the woman touched her. 'V's head snapping to where the Knight was commenting what felt like treason, her brown shifting down as she glared at the elbow leaving her side,

"Hmm" 

A short rumble in a response to the gesture, not bringing it up that she didn't like to be touched. Whipping her head back to the ally-way,

"You can go first, I'll follow behind." 

@Phoebe

Addison's face contorted into a confused smile. "Alright, guess I'm up."

She gripped the pair of straps around her coat and tightened it around her waist before strolling down the dark alley quickly in feigned nervousness. Reaching up to her face, she brushed her hair around randomly in a disheveled manner, before coming face to face with the man.

"Hey," she croaked tiredly. "What's good?"

The man didn't seem to take likely to her direct approach and simply sat quietly in the silence, taking a brief puff from his cigar.

@Mackenzie Rose

As they walked down the ally way, 'V' would asses how the man could pose a threat. Taking in his height, weight and body type and any inch of his body that could potentially fit a small knife or dagger in. Staying a little behind Addison. Her arms crossed over, keeping her gaze down to the floor as they stopped in front of him. Not wanting to draw attention to herself as she looked him over.  Keeping her own mouth shut as she watched Addison open her's to speak.

What's good? Was she serious? What's good?! 

Closing her eyes for a moment, letting out a short breath. No longer wanting to hear whatever was going to come out of her companion's mouth and if it was going to sound worse than what she had already said.

"Sorry for her, she's been jumpy today. Hasn't had her," V's voice would turn sharper than usual as her head would give a small nod. Her eyes staring towards the man's face. "meds"

"I'll give you 20 for anything you've got to blow, and 10 for something to smoke but that depends what you have to offer." 

@Phoebe

The man offered 'V' a cautious once over, before sliding his hand into his coat and removing something enclosed in his palm. He eyed 'V' skeptically, extending his hand to receive payment, before taking a long puff from his cigar.

Addison, growing slightly impatient, began to pace about on the spot.

How exactly was this supposed to get them to the high rollers?

In the adjacent alley that branched off of the main one, one could see the dimly lit glow of several more cigars. Unbeknownst to the pair, they were being watched from every direction. The soft sound of a gun hammer clicking into place went off several stories above. Addison doubted that the weapon was meant for them, but the presence of a loaded weapon didn't make her feel any less anxious.

@Mackenzie Rose

"What is it?"

'V' didn't give her payment over to the man before she knew what exactly she was paying for. Her head turning around slightly to see Addison pacing around on the spot. 

The sunlit eyes, moving from the knight to where their eyes were. An adjacent alley with several dim lit saga's lurking in the darkness like wolves waiting for a girl to come from the field of safety into the dark woods. 

'V's head snapping upwards to the sound of a gun firing. She wasn't one for guns. She didn't like how easy it was to kill a man with it or the power it gave the man wielding it over any other life. 
@Phoebe

"Shower salt," the man's croaky voice replied as he took another puff from his cigar, opening his hand and revealing a small packet of crystalline powder.

Addison shifted about in confusion. How was this supposed to get them a lead?

The man reached forward to take the coin as he pushed the plastic packet into 'V's hand.

"Pay up and get lost," he scowled. "Unless you got something else yer want that I can offer and the money to blow on it."

@Mackenzie Rose

"Shower salt? Can that kill you?" 

'V' asked calmly despite the man just scowling at her,

"Actually yeah, I've got heaps more coin to blow but I want to blow it on something that seems harmless but leaves the person dead without a trace of suspicion, like something that makes them look asleep without a struggle. You know anything that could do that or got it on you? I'll pay double." 

@Phoebe

The man's eyes flashed as he withdrew the drug, sticking his hand out expectantly for the cash.

"I know something that could do that. Pay double and I'll tell you where."

His eyes seemed to glint without feeling. It was like staring back into an empty husk, devoid of emotion nor reason.

But perhaps that was just how people of this line of work were. In his eyes, Addison sensed a sort of unnatural excitement. It unnerved her immensely. It reminded her of the vice which gripped those around her, just a mere spark in the eyes of James or Hawk when they took a puff from their cigarettes, but this was far more intense, and she knew without a doubt that it was the result of false ecstasy. 

@Mackenzie Rose