Phoebe

A Glorious Revival

OOC Notice: This thread is not a public thread. It is a documentation of several administrative affairs conducted by an unnamed military group operating in Predator's Keep and the unclaimed coastlines of Genesaris.

Seated in her tent, the Master Knight picked up the small kettle on the table, lifting it gently by its handle and pouring its contents into a teacup. She pushed said cup across the table to the man opposite her, "Have some tea." She spoke moreso in instruction than request, for Hawk had not slept for days. He seemed troubled, and she knew very well what troubled him at that moment of time.

"We'll find him," she assured him, resting her hand on top of his palm. "I promise."

An hour later, when they were done discussing trivial matters, Addison brought up concepts for the design of a new vehicle.

"They're like the bicycles we have back on our world, but motorised," she remarked, placing the blueprint firmly on the table, flattening its corners with four books from her study.

5c08295710db462feb3bfba27126e9b4.png

"With these, we will be able to scour entire continents in weeks, not to mention providing our men with much needed mobility."

She gestured to the various features of the vehicle she had proposed.

"What do you think?"

@Hawk

The stern Marshal Hawk rocked forward for a better look at the blueprints as he ran his hand lightly over his facial hair. 

"Hm. They'll do." He stated flatly as his heavy gaze danced about the blueprints. 

"How soon can we have them ready?" The Marshal added after a brief moment of hesitation. Due to his lack of understanding of this world and itching desire to begin the search, Hawk took very little interest in the blueprints laid before him, though fully understood their potential usefulness in the search for his old friend. 

@Phoebe

"Well actually, I've called you here to discuss that," Addison replied, sliding a clipboard out from under the table and placing it in front of Hawk.

"We will need manufacturers first and foremost, as well as the raw materials to construct these vehicles, which require not only metal, but some sort of synthesized material called "plastic". In addition, these motorized bicycles run on fuel, which will not be easy to acquire for a small price."

She sighed, realising how complicated their mission really was. "In addition to that, we will have to train our soldiers to use these vehicles. Are there any other glaring needs which have to be addressed when we go about doing this?"

@Hawk

Hawk let out a sigh as he sulked back in his seat, for this was far more complicated than he had intended. 

"Any leads on a manufacturer?" He asked raising his hands from his lap a bit before letting them fall lazily again in frustration. 

@Phoebe

Edited by Hawk

"Several, for that matter!" Addison replied excitedly.

"I plan to ask James ( @Fierach ) if he could direct us to any of his manufacturers and see if we could sign a good agreement."

"Alternatively, we can have Howard ( @Jack Howard ) figure out a way to mass produce them quickly. On his own, I'm sure he can have a decent number ready in no time."

"That, or we try out another organisation, whom I've found on my own ( @Tyler ). Slightly reputable company on Valucre. Haven't found anyone who can offer a second opinion though, but I know for a fact that their prices are cheap."

"However, the acquisition of fuel and raw materials remains to be the main problem. However, I'm quite sure that our third source will acquire the materials on their own. That being said, I do not know whether or not to trust the quality of their primary sources."

@Hawk

The Marshal sat quietly as he continued to gaze at the blueprints. 

After a moment of thought, he broke his silence.

"We ain't got time for this." Hawk admitted with another sigh, finally speaking his mind. He proceeded to rise from his seat and remove his revolver from its place in his gunbelt. Hawk clicked open the cylinder, looking down and rotating though it to ensure it was loaded. As he clicked the cylinder shut again, he slid it back into its holster. Hawk's gaze moved back up to face her as he spoke. 

"I got a man out there somewhere."

@Phoebe

Edited by Hawk

You don’t have time to explore the entire world by foot either,” she grimaced.

I understand that Esstevan meant a lot to you. He did to all of us! But you have a family to take care of and you can’t obsess over a man who might be dead!

She slammed her fist on the table impatiently.

Get a grip on yourself, Hawk! This isn’t what Esstevan would have wanted. He didn’t give his life just for you to throw yours away in a wild goose chase.

@Hawk

Hawk stopped for a moment as he gave her a sickened look from above, casting an imposing shadow over the space between them. He began to feel his rage swell inside him upon hearing her words. As he leaned forward the Marshal bent down and pressed his palms flat against the table. 

“So you want me to do what?! Sit here with my thumb up my ass while we wait for something we may not even be able to rely on?!” He scoffed raising his voice. 

“Don’t you dare tell me what Esstevan would or would not have wanted! He’d do the same for me. I’ll walk this whole damn world myself if I have to. I ain’t leaving’ him out there. Dead or alive. And you can make damn sure of that.” He growled as he stood upright again. 

“When those bastards in the SSK snatched me, he was the only one who came. The only one. I owe him my life. And if it’s too late, well then I at least owe his family a body.” Hawk stepped away as he turned his back to the table. 

“Nobody gets left behind. Not again.” 

@Phoebe

"Hawk wait!" her voice softened as she rushed out of the chair, bolting after him. Within two steps, her hands were on his shoulders. Like a pivot, she swung around in front of him, planting herself firmly in his way.

"I'm not going to stop you," she relented with a sigh. "All I can do is to ask you to reconsider. . ."

She planted her hand firmly on his shoulder, "Give James a chance. He understands this world better than we do, and we have a better chance at covering it with his help. No good ever came from arrogance, and a little faith has never hurt."

She drew her hand away.

"But if you insist on going about it without him, then I'm coning with you," she declared bluntly.

"As you said, nobody gets left behind. Not again."

@Hawk

Initially surprised by her reaction, Hawk simply stared at Addison for a long moment, as he had not prepared for this response. The Marshal let out a short sigh before speaking in a calm, yet serious tone. 

“Fine. Give James his chance. But I’m still going out there in the meantime.” He responded while tucking his thumbs behind the buckle of his gunbelt in his typical fashion. 

“Three weeks and I’m headed back. I’ve already spoken to Kiyome. If you wish to follow, I won’t stop you, but I’m leaving in an hour regardless if you’re with me or not.” 

@Phoebe

Edited by Hawk

"Show me where you're headed and we can make it a week and three days," she declared, taking out a small thin device from her pocket.

She tinkered with it for several seconds before putting it back in.

"I'm ready. What are we waiting for?"

Spoiler

2fce2882984b78138dc7f7d522f01e00.png

“Truth be told, I ain’t sure where we’re headed. Any ground covered is knowledge gained. Mount up. Might want to throw a pack together.” Hawk replied before making his way out the door of the tent. 

@Phoebe