notmuch_23

The Mil Dot Port Kyros [hub]

12 hours ago, Phoebe said:

"Have we met before?"

"Yeah," Thurgood says, "the whole pirate situation? Still can't believe I made it out alive...

...but yeah, I can contact Blackblood, whaddya need?"

"Rolling the dough out flat enough to not break the pasta roller," Bobby says, cutting the dough in half with a clean scraper and passing the other half to Tasz, before he gets to rolling. "Don't get it too thin though, the roller sets the thickness more precisely than we ever can."

"Ah!" she exclaimed, trying to place a name on the face which she so poorly remembered. She made a mental note to keep this one's contact close, so as to make up for her formality failings.

"I hope you're recovering well, then. We took quite the beating, but got done what we set out to do."

She slid the file over the counter top to him.

"Classified documents. Designs for uniforms, weapons, courtesy of our talented craftsmen."

She handed him another folder, containing notes on yet another product.

"These are the measurements for a specific type of ammunition. We need these produced in mass quantities, while the rest of the items in that folder can be ordered in batches of one-thousand at a time if that would be ideal."

She cocked her head to the side. "Are you familiar with their prices? Or should I allow you a few days to contact Blackblood?"

@notmuch_23

13 hours ago, Phoebe said:

"Are you familiar with their prices? Or should I allow you a few days to contact Blackblood?"

"For their open-market items, yes;" Thurgood says, "however, custom orders have so many factors in their pricing that I don't think even Blackblood will know until they get these designs."

Then Thurgood thinks of something.

"Are there any items here that may be similar to the designs in here, or do you even know how to use firearms?"

". . . Yes, we do," she replied with a confused laugh. She couldn't tell if the man was joking.

"I get that our technology is backward, but we're not primitive!" she exclaimed in exasperation.

Upon Thurgood's prompting, she took a brief look around the store. "Everything is too specialized unfortunately. I believe in conformity and uniformity."

Given the man's response, she took it to assume that their transaction was complete.

"You know where to find me in Predator's Keep. Can I entrust this task to you then? If you need any further details, I'll be contactable."

@notmuch_23

"Well, on this magic-heavy continent, I never know who knows how to shoot and who doesn't," Thurgood says, "never saw ya shoot during that pirate job either."

That's because he spent the battle out on enemy ships, trying to be a wrench in the gears, which is his modus operandus since Daimonas' incursion onto Gaia Prime.

"Okay, I'll hop on the next aerostat headed for Terrenus and get these to Blackblood," Thurgood says, blissfully unaware that it's called Fracture now.

Maybe he can catch a Zeppelin straight to the Zuhl Plateau...

...either way, he'll need to leave his Galaxy S10 here.

Edited by notmuch_23

An unspecified amount of time later

Now that Nadia is pretty well taking care of the sales counter, Bobby and Tasz have the kitchen running smoothly, and that lead\copper dragon that Thurgood can never remember the name of is tending the range, Aveline could return to Lunaris for business with Governor Heiliger, and Thurgood could set up his firearm "chop shop" to start swapping and cosmetically changing the guns he took from the pirates up in that one village.

Now he steps out of the elevator, and behind the sales counter with some assault rifles, shotguns, and pistols to place in the cases and racks, priced and labeled as "refurbished". Each piece looks quite nice, shot fine on the range last night, and have new cypress wooden furniture.

All of the identifying marks have been removed in such a way that one cannot tell the gun had any, the rifling has been refreshed to make the edges sharp again and remove any chance of a ballistic match on rifling to a bullet found in a body, the edges of the chamber cover and extractor have been brushed out by a brass wire wheel for the same purpose, and the firing pins get swapped; he's done this before, and after ruining the first few (they were later used as patterns for the wood furniture, and have good spare parts), he got back into the groove of "chopping" hot guns again.

Edited by notmuch_23

Two horses carrying riders stopped outside the shop, the two men riding them bearing the marks of the Shields of Valor. After tying them to the posts so they may drink from the troughs, the cloaked men lowered their hoods and stepped inside. 

"Well, this place certainly has its charms." Eric said, looking about as they entered the sales area.

"We aren't here to gawk." Phillip stated. "Only to acquire what we need and be on our way." There was a great need for the mercenary group to be outfitted for any situation, including that which would require them to draw firearms against an opponent. Some warriors found the weapons distasteful, but they were mercenaries, not knights. 

Thurgood just placed the last "refurbished" shotgun on the rack when the Shields of Valor members entered through the automatic doors.

"Welcome to the Mil Dot," Thurgood says, "anything particular you're lookin' for?"

"We're looking to find a supplier." Phillip stated. "Someone that would ensure our outposts and soldiers were outfitted with weapons and ammo."

Eric was looking at a few of the different weapons mounted on the wall. "It would definitely be nice to not have to worry about getting shot as well as being stabbed or cursed."

"Can you provide us with what we seek?" Eric asked. 

"So, uh, what kind of quantities are you looking for?" Thurgood asks. Unfortunately, he doesn't regularly deal with large quantities of arms and ammo, and to make things worse, his main supplier, BlackBlood, is all the way over on Terrenus Fracture Lagrimosa.