Ataraxy

Looking for World Builders

Image result for writing image banner

Are you interested in building something from the ground up? Are you interested in helping craft a new playable area for Valucre members?

Then you've come to the right place! 👍

Essentially what I'm looking for is a small group of people to form "Team Nede" with. In my experience moderating boards (previously Aurelium and Veluriyam Empire respectively) and participating in those moderated by others, I've discovered that it works best when there are multiple people pitching in ideas and building off each other rather than a single person trying to carry the burden of everything. 

Now, we aren't starting from nothing but I'm looking for some people that want to take a deep dive into Nede with me and help make Nede the most high fantasy place in Val. Technology is not limited in any capacity at the moment, but has yet to be introduced. 

The lore article I'll post down below is just a basic overview that has the foundation of Nede, but it certainly not nearly as detailed as it can be. You can pitch in as much as you want, but I'm hoping to find some like minded people that have a genuine interest in building an area with me.

I, more or less, give free rein to people on my lore teams in creating lore and do my best to build off their idea. 

This is not only an opportunity to affect Valucre canon, but to create Valucre canon. Whether that be creating myths, religions, species, economies, cultures, geography, cities- whatever you'd like! And there's no deadlines or pressure involved, though I might hit you up if you've been absent for an unexpected period of time. 

Although I will have the final say and retain the right to reject things that oppose established lore, Nede isn't just mine. It can be ours. And who knows, maybe I'll leave Nede in your trusted hands once I'm confident it can stand strong without me 😄

*This isn't first come first serve but I'll likely give almost everyone a chance to participate and if history is right, people will weed themselves out lol this will be permanently open and you can PM me if you don't want to post here. Totally up to you! 

I look forward to seeing all of your bright faces (well not really "see" but you know what I mean lol) and your awesome ideas!

Edited by Ataraxy

Well, you got my interest. I am in 100%, because there is nothing more I love than worldbuilding! Though do keep in mind I am a technology fan (though no worries, I do not shun fantasy and I do have some fantasy in what I have made.)

15 hours ago, Agent Knockout said:

Well, you got my interest. I am in 100%, because there is nothing more I love than worldbuilding! Though do keep in mind I am a technology fan (though no worries, I do not shun fantasy and I do have some fantasy in what I have made.)

For the moment I'd like to build Nede without any technology, as the floating land was previously locked away in a divine realm where technology as we know it never existed. But after the foundation for Nede is created, if you'd like to introduce technology, even a high tech city somewhere in it, I'd be 100% down for that!

Any ideas you got atm for fantasy themes?

5 hours ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

I’m happy to collaborate! 

I don’t know how I’ll fare building an OC but I LOVE world building 

I think my first interest is to solidify a "history" of the demon species which inhabit Nede (the demons are demi-humans basically). But if you'd prefer to work on something more limited like a specific city or a sector, or pretty much whatever just let me know! Any specific ideas you have?

10 hours ago, supernal said:

Banner advert?

Pls and thank yous boss

Suggestion - set some kind of pacing rubric that translates to X level of technological advance. Unless you prefer improv in the moment, which definitely has its perks, but as you're open to incorporating any kind of tech and reaching any level, I assume you don't want to jump from horse and buggy to space age overnight

oh yeah!  I'm currently not doing anything with Maxwell Rubicante and I think I remember we were talking about him being a candidate for being the son of sun or something like that.  Would that like, be a thing that matters?