Ataraxy

The Fall and Defeat of Lilith Reiter

The attack and domination of Nu Martyr by the Cult of Power has grabbed the attention of many world powers that hadn't reacted during the initial invasion of the province. A global military power formed in the wake of Lilith's attack known as the International Police Program (IPP). In a recent interaction between the IPP and Lilith Reiter, it was discovered that the leader of the Cult, previously titled the Commander, was actually Lilith under a pseudonym. Due to the Victory AI reprogrammed into a Trojan paragon, IPP has also discovered that every Paragon is marked with a lunar moon somewhere on their body. 

This has spurred the IPP to put pressure on governments around the world to take a serious stance on the Cult of Power and its Paragons; to classify belonging to the group as a crime in and of itself. From the smallest village to the largest mega city-state to federal governments, a purge of any person with a lunar tattoo marking is on the rise- regardless of whether the person has actually committed a crime or not. The International Police Program is pushing forth a stance of non-tolerance for any connection to a known tier 1 criminal organizations, currently: the Cult of Power, the Dead, and the Legion of Doom. There are further suspected organizations being classified as tier 2 and tier 3, and others are unclassified due to lack of information. (Let me know if you want your org or group to be added!)

Gathering its own forces and reaching out to other judicial forces around Valucre, IPP has begun to make a physical counter move on Nu Martyr in order to free it from the hold of the Cult of Power and its Paragons. Although initially hard to step into the province without massive return fire and destruction, IPP has made contact with Aedos Chanaril, a high ranking member of an old noble house of Renovatio who has connections within the Cult itself but who is not subservient to it. With him as their essential "in," IPP and the other global forces will be making a large and final move into Nu Martyr to upend the current Cult leadership.

Meanwhile within Nu Martyr, Lilith is uncovering an enormous power source hidden beneath the land. Connected to the core of Renovatio's encompassing loci, if she manages to harness that power using the combined force of two Genesari cornerstones, the Crown of Asteria, and a handful of Fracture S-class artifacts, it has the potential to cause a global earthquake leading to randomly placed tsunami all across Valucre. Such a catastrophe has the potential lead to millions more deaths. 

A call to the world and a call to the pure. 

Save the world. 

Couple words to anyone reading this who might feel a twinge of interest!

• There is no current ETA and this is simply an interest check for a potential plot idea that I've been mulling about
  • My character, Lilith Reiter, will not be killed in this event. She will be defeated/ captured. I know there are people who would love to have the pleasure of killing the character, but I'm fairly attached to the character and I don't believe her story to be over. So tough lol
  • The method of Lilith's capture, beyond the actions I described above, is almost completely dependent on who joins. 
  • If not enough major characters join, I likely end up doing this. Lilith is supposed to be sort of like "the final boss" so having two level 1 characters beat her would harm the story I'm driving. 
    • "Major" characters is subjective. I'm mainly speaking about characters that players have put effort into developing.
  • When/ if this goes through, it won't be a "stomp" if that's what you have in mind. Each side will take major losses. If anyone has character(s) they'd like to sacrifice (harm or death) for the greater good, that would be much appreciated as well. 
  • While the "main" thread will occur in Nu Martyr since that's where Lilith will be, the actual event is global. You have permission to involve this event in any thread, any org, in any place (unless the involvement is rejected by a person who controls that lore). Just try to play on the fact that most Paragons world wide are not "evil" and may have done a bad thing for a good reason. Conflict, both on the outside and on the inside is key here. 
  • You might be wondering "why" I'm doing this, and the reason is that Lilith has some major personal issues that I can only really play with and dive into when she's in a vulnerable position
  • And finally, NO you can't have my artifacts and relics. Don't even ask lmfao have other plans for them. 
  • Timeline: When/ if this goes into motion, it will be after the Nede thread. I want Lilith to take over a demon tower first since it's part of another idea I have for future stuff. I also might have Lilith take a detour back into Terrenus to speak with Alexander Endriel and the Black Queen, though that's dependent on general availability of players involved.

y945W0J.png

Potential Groups Against Lilith

Potential Groups With Lilith

Edited by Ataraxy

28 minutes ago, amenities said:

As far as IPP is concerned in the Lilith plot, I am in and I'll take the helm! Then I'll let you get back to organizing Nu Martyr with Aedos and the other Paragons.

@paradigm and @Veloci-Rapture are probably also interested in the follow-up thread, at least the capturing Lil part.

We'll see how the Nede thread ends up shaking out; Vetiver might just want to retire to a farm or something after all this.

That idea has nothing to do with me having already made Vetiver in Stardew Valley.

21 minutes ago, Metty said:

Hmm. This is very tempting...

Might throw a vcf rep in here aka Arashi. 

Not being mean but why would VCF be here? My side of the story, at least, is that it took a lot for IPP to track Lilith to a chase that leads to cornering her in this exact thread. Imo this should be limited to people who could feasibly be in the parties in this thread.

"A global military power formed in the wake of Lilith's attack known as the International Police Program (IPP)"

This makes it seem like the IPP was formed in response to Lilith which isn't true, or is at least no more true of Lilith as it is of other career criminals.

"From the smallest village to the largest mega city-state to federal governments, a purge of any person with a lunar tattoo marking is on the rise- regardless of whether the person has actually committed a crime or not."

This makes the IPP sound like the Gulag, which it isn't, and indicates that everyone in the world is suddenly rowing in the same direction. I think a better way is:

"Having been classified as a terrorist group, anyone bearing their mark or waving their flag is considered an enemy."

That's a bit more general because it isn't like all of a sudden all of the world governments are just going to start killing people on sight!

"IPP has begun to make a physical counter move" can read "a physical counter move led by Michael Commager, a Terran Empire PeaceKeeper, in order to free it" etc

IPP already has permission to *be a thing* from greater Renovatio. Does that still get targeted with massive return fire or relax things a bit? Or is Nu Martyr an enclave inside of Renovatio?

lmao at "can't have my relics"

1 minute ago, amenities said:

Not being mean but why would VCF be here? My side of the story, at least, is that it took a lot for IPP to track Lilith to a chase that leads to cornering her in this exact thread. Imo this should be limited to people who could feasibly be in the parties in this thread.

The vcf apparently are ommipresent? Dunno how.

@Sanonymous 

1 hour ago, amenities said:

As far as IPP is concerned in the Lilith plot, I am in and I'll take the helm! Then I'll let you get back to organizing Nu Martyr with Aedos and the other Paragons.

@paradigm and @Veloci-Rapture are probably also interested in the follow-up thread, at least the capturing Lil part.

I'm totally down with you taking the helm for that side! Though keep in mind that I, too, am part of IPP. Although I don't want to fight against myself since that'd be boring, I do have a high ranking character I want involved. After Hawk's current thread, he'll be Chief of FIST and IPP certified, so I'm likely to include him in this potential thread. To what extent I don't know, but that's my intent. 

47 minutes ago, supernal said:

"A global military power formed in the wake of Lilith's attack known as the International Police Program (IPP)"

This makes it seem like the IPP was formed in response to Lilith which isn't true, or is at least no more true of Lilith as it is of other career criminals.

That's a fair clarification and I don't disagree. I just meant it was formed almost directly after Lilith's invasion, which was depicted in Amenities' post in the Nede thread. I didn't mean it was because of the invasion or as a direct result of Lilith's shenanigans. If any of this gets canonized, I'll be sure not to imply otherwise lol

"From the smallest village to the largest mega city-state to federal governments, a purge of any person with a lunar tattoo marking is on the rise- regardless of whether the person has actually committed a crime or not."

This makes the IPP sound like the Gulag, which it isn't, and indicates that everyone in the world is suddenly rowing in the same direction. I think a better way is:

"Having been classified as a terrorist group, anyone bearing their mark or waving their flag is considered an enemy."

That's a bit more general because it isn't like all of a sudden all of the world governments are just going to start killing people on sight!

I believe I only said the IPP was pressuring government agencies to take a more serious stance. I don't imagine IPP controls how governments handle the Cult, so the global "purge" I described isn't necessarily IPP affiliated.

To be fair though, I did phrase it quite matter-of-factly and specifically. So point taken. 

Let me clarify that this is meant to be an "opportunity" to crack down and not at all me saying every government and org on Val must crack down and purge. It's simply the story frame that I'm suggesting. When I decide on an ETA and to make this an actual thread, I'll be sure to frame it as a "possibility" for everyone to crack down rather than saying it as a statement. 

"IPP has begun to make a physical counter move" can read "a physical counter move led by Michael Commager, a Terran Empire PeaceKeeper, in order to free it" etc

I phrased it the way I did in because I want other peace keeping forces like VCF and Force Majeure to be involved as well. Like I said before, I'm not particularly interested in this being a closed, 1 group v. 1 group affair. The IPP was simply the most efficient, if not also most realistic, thing to frame it around. If it ends up where only IPP members are involved or de facto allowed to be involved through realism or some such argument, I won't do this storyline and people can just keep running around after her until I find a different way to get her captured which satisfies my intended story lol I want unity, I want team work, and I want a giant fucking overkill hammer. That's the only way that I, personally, can accept someone as canonically powered and rooted as Lilith to be overwhelmed. I say this because theoretically, you can't win a war against Lilith. The moment you kill a soldier of hers, it comes back. One of her enemies dies? It comes back for her. I've made her necromancy strong enough through canon artifacts and threads that it can be a persistent affect throughout a war. There has to be enough force and people that her enemies can overwhelm her forces to such an extent that they cover ground faster than her undead can rise, or they don't even bother killing because the numbers are simply overwhelming. So yes, led by Commager, sure, but I'd also like to see Carmine soldiers. Soldiers from new Gensari kingdoms. Alterion. VCF. Force Majeure. The more over kill I can get, the happier I'll be with her capture.

So again, I'm not disagreeing with your "can read" as, simply elaborating on my reason for how I phrased it since the part you quoted is out of context and I wasn't sure if you meant to cut out the part not included or not. 

IPP already has permission to *be a thing* from greater Renovatio. Does that still get targeted with massive return fire or relax things a bit? Or is Nu Martyr an enclave inside of Renovatio?

You think Lilith and her Paragons give a flying fuck what the Grand Kommadant thinks or declares? Part of the reason I want to do this is because Aleksei's upcoming plot sort of requires Nu Martyr to get back under the flag of the Renovation Empire, and this seemed like an entertaining way to do that lol

I'd say that they are probably more against the IPP because they have permission from greater Renovatio and the fact that IPP attacked them in Nede. 

Think of it like North Korea. Just because "Asia" as a whole may have agreed to Interpol, you think Interpol agents are overtly active in North Korea? I doubt it lmfao

lmao at "can't have my relics"

Someone was gonna ask bro. Idk who, maybe you, maybe josh, maybe some rando, idk but definitely someone LOL

49 minutes ago, amenities said:

Not being mean but why would VCF be here

Maybe cause IPP contacts them and went "Hey, there's this big bad bitch killing people and we'd like to request your aid in stomping out the fire completely. You in bruv?"

Sort of like how Interpol alerts the local/ national governments in question before they go in, or the CIA recruits third party mercenaries like Black Water/ Academi.

49 minutes ago, amenities said:

Imo this should be limited to people who could feasibly be in the parties in this thread.

Strongly disagree. The threads will be correlated, but are not directly consecutive as per my requested timeline in the bullets. The thread I believe you're speaking of will potentially branch off from the Nede thread and will be the first real conflict between the Cult and IPP but is not this capture thread. This is sort of like the culmination of the conflict. In theory lol

I agree that the reason for them being there shouldn't be hand-waived or nonsensical, but it should definitely not be limited to the Nede thread. That doesn't at all cover my intended nationality pool lol

Edit: the scenario I described in our PMs was a "what if" possibility had you contacted me before coming into the Nede thread. I've been leaning more toward having the cleanse of Nu Martyr and the first conflict between IPP and CoP be seperate threads.

Edited by Ataraxy

I also want to remind everyone that this is me beginning to sort out a plot and establish its foundations, but am by no means implying a definitive stance or facts. It's just as likely that this doesn't happen as it does right now. I may drastically change everything. I just wanted to throw it out there and see if there's enough interest to satisfy my imagined story progression. 

So, in that line of thinking, I'd like to hear everything from  "Wow that sounds cool I'm totally in" to "meh, sounds okay I'll think about it" to "no fuck you, your large event threads are always wild, insane, prolonged, and never fucking finish."

All are taken into consideration as I continue to figure out how I want Lilith to be captured and by whom. Though the latter is substantially less helpful lmfao

Edited by Ataraxy

35 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

I'm totally down with you taking the helm for that side! Though keep in mind that I, too, am part of IPP. Although I don't want to fight against myself since that'd be boring, I do have a high ranking character I want involved. After Hawk's current thread, he'll be Chief of FIST and IPP certified, so I'm likely to include him in this potential thread. To what extent I don't know, but that's my intent. 

That's a fair clarification and I don't disagree. I just meant it was formed almost directly after Lilith's invasion, which was depicted in Amenities' post in the Nede thread. I didn't mean it was because of the invasion or as a direct result of Lilith's shenanigans. If any of this gets canonized, I'll be sure not to imply otherwise lol

I believe I only said the IPP was pressuring government agencies to take a more serious stance. I don't imagine IPP controls how governments handle the Cult, so the global "purge" I described isn't necessarily IPP affiliated.

To be fair though, I did phrase it quite matter-of-factly and specifically. So point taken. 

Let me clarify that this is meant to be an "opportunity" to crack down and not at all me saying every government and org on Val must crack down and purge. It's simply the story frame that I'm suggesting. When I decide on an ETA and to make this an actual thread, I'll be sure to frame it as a "possibility" for everyone to crack down rather than saying it as a statement. 

I phrased it the way I did in because I want other peace keeping forces like VCF and Force Majeure to be involved as well. Like I said before, I'm not particularly interested in this being a closed, 1 group v. 1 group affair. The IPP was simply the most efficient, if not also most realistic, thing to frame it around. If it ends up where only IPP members are involved or de facto allowed to be involved through realism or some such argument, I won't do this storyline and people can just keep running around after her until I find a different way to get her captured which satisfies my intended story lol I want unity, I want team work, and I want a giant fucking overkill hammer. That's the only way that I, personally, can accept someone as canonically powered and rooted as Lilith to be overwhelmed. I say this because theoretically, you can't win a war against Lilith. The moment you kill a soldier of hers, it comes back. One of her enemies dies? It comes back for her. I've made her necromancy strong enough through canon artifacts and threads that it can be a persistent affect throughout a war. There has to be enough force and people that her enemies can overwhelm her forces to such an extent that they cover ground faster than her undead can rise, or they don't even bother killing because the numbers are simply overwhelming. So yes, led by Commager, sure, but I'd also like to see Carmine soldiers. Soldiers from new Gensari kingdoms. Alterion. VCF. Force Majeure. The more over kill I can get, the happier I'll be with her capture.

So again, I'm not disagreeing with your "can read" as, simply elaborating on my reason for how I phrased it since the part you quoted is out of context and I wasn't sure if you meant to cut out the part not included or not. 

You think Lilith and her Paragons give a flying fuck what the Grand Kommadant thinks or declares? Part of the reason I want to do this is because Aleksei's upcoming plot sort of requires Nu Martyr to get back under the flag of the Renovation Empire, and this seemed like an entertaining way to do that lol

I'd say that they are probably more against the IPP because they have permission from greater Renovatio and the fact that IPP attacked them in Nede. 

Think of it like North Korea. Just because "Asia" as a whole may have agreed to Interpol, you think Interpol agents are overtly active in North Korea? I doubt it lmfao

Someone was gonna ask bro. Idk who, maybe you, maybe josh, maybe some rando, idk but definitely someone LOL

Maybe cause IPP contacts them and went "Hey, there's this big bad bitch killing people and we'd like to request your aid in stomping out the fire completely. You in bruv?"

Sort of like how Interpol alerts the local/ national governments in question before they go in, or the CIA recruits third party mercenaries like Black Water/ Academi.

Strongly disagree. The threads will be correlated, but are not directly consecutive as per my requested timeline in the bullets. The thread I believe you're speaking of will potentially branch off from the Nede thread and will be the first real conflict between the Cult and IPP but is not this capture thread. This is sort of like the culmination of the conflict. In theory lol

I agree that the reason for them being there shouldn't be hand-waived or nonsensical, but it should definitely not be limited to the Nede thread. That doesn't at all cover my intended nationality pool lol

"I phrased it the way I did in because I want other peace keeping forces like VCF and Force Majeure to be involved as well. "

Sure but look at the part that I quoted: "IPP has begun to make a physical counter move"

If you want to say "IPP has begun", then specify Michael. If you want to leave it open for other peacekeeping groups, don't specify IPP lol. Say "peacekeeping groups" and even throw in a "such as" if you like!

"That's the only way that I, personally, can accept someone as canonically powered and rooted as Lilith to be overwhelmed. I say this because theoretically, you can't win a war against Lilith. The moment you kill a soldier of hers, it comes back. One of her enemies dies? It comes back for her. I've made her necromancy strong enough through canon artifacts and threads that it can be a persistent affect throughout a war."

There is no single individual who can amass so much power strictly as an individual that they can contest the focused resources of a nation-state. Artifacts are "I'm a serious threat" not "I'm an unstoppable force". Hence why Lilith went about getting groups of people together and amassing resources. She's going to need them. All of those things can be contested with the right leverage.

Resource management is a thing to worry about in large scale warfare. Every bit of necro-energy Lilith has to spend zombifying a fallen footsoldier (they'll likely be less dangerous than they were as independently sentient soldiers) is time and energy and attention she won't be able to spend elsewhere. It can become a tactic against her. At some point it will reach parity an gridlock her ability to generate more (really we only have to target that one specific ability). Or we can use a tactic that renders her soldiers in a form not easily resurrected. Someone stabbed through the heart can be made into a fallen zombie soldier just fine. Someone turned to ash? Harder to put back together. We can consecrate the ground and interfere with her ability to make or control or keep together zombies turn over turn, vs worrying about contesting the ability directly it becomes a war of attrition that becomes more costly over time. Vetiver was a good case study. What if we just snipe all these people with weaponized Victory modules who can hijack the biological system and turn your zombies against you, or at least lock them up and make them useless post-resurrection?

That's a handful of tactics I came up with on the spot basically. It may be hard for you to imagine a theoretical way for Lilith to lose but it isn't for me lol. None of that matters though. Since this is mostly orchestrated collaboration stuff we don't really need to worry about coming up with these kinds of things, but it's worth calling it out. In a theoretical scenario that wasn't as collaborative, those would all be factors to consider in a strategic response but I feel pretty confident I could do that. In a way that makes perfect sense too!

Basically all of what’s happening now is directly tied to how much of a threat Lilith presents, otherwise half a PK would run into her in the street and mop her up. The fact of her items and her people is WHY organized international task force 

"You think Lilith and her Paragons give a flying fuck what the Grand Kommadant thinks or declares? Part of the reason I want to do this is because Aleksei's upcoming plot sort of requires Nu Martyr to get back under the flag of the Renovation Empire, and this seemed like an entertaining way to do that lol "

lmao fair enough. I didn't realize Nu Martyr had become a COP controlled enclave in Renovatio, thought they just had a big presence there

Edited by supernal

If this does end up going through, I have an idea for a follow-up thread that will involve the de facto second in command, Ankou Lethe going on a roaring rampage of revenge. If anyone would like to volunteer to stop him, that would be awesome.

Edited by danzilla3

I was catching up on this thread after being alerted by Metty, and luckily enough you intervened @Ataraxy 😄 I'd like to make up for my leave in Nede, not that it makes much of a difference in that thread either way, but here I'm DEFINITELY in.

1 hour ago, amenities said:

Since this is directed towards my organization I think it would be appropriate for me to answer 😛 The VCF being a multi-national peacekeeping intelligence organization would, should and does have eyes and ears all around Valucre, but their reach is still limited. Omnipresent is too generous, they still have gaps they fill with people they still have to trust, not themselves. The IPP, being relatively new, I reckon won't be in alliance (And would also be under investigation) with the VCF, but with a threat and a target as juicy as this - the OS council surely can't look away. Tracking lilith is not a new occasion for the VCF, she has been always been a pseudo-CS from when I was talking about attaining a marzannan weapon, which brings me to my next point.

I'd like to bring in a couple detachments from Alpha-01 to aid the IPP and contain Lilith. Lilith, for all intents and purposes, is slightly above a demigod, probably inching closer to god-hood in that scale. The VCF, try as they might, probably won't be able to bring her down alone lest they throw everything they have towards her, which may still not be enough unless they have that Marzannan weapon, so working together would be the best course of action, a view on which I hope the IPP shares (Which would divert back to you @amenities)

Depending on how and when this turns out both in real life and in Canon, the VCF may or may not be able to contain Lilith Reiner. They surely would have the resources, the skill and the knowledge to contain someone like her, it's kind of what they do, but there are other threats that plague the world - which really bring to light how streched the VCF is. Alexander Rookstone (The commander in chief of FSTF Alpha-01) would only get mere weeks, or maybe days after the defense of arcturon (Which is currrently ongoing) before being sent out again to capture and contain Lilith Reiner. Depending on the timing too, Alterion may fail causing Facility-05 to be destroyed post-evacuation, throwing the entire VCF into disarray with no resources to spare as they try to take over (what was) Izral.

So yeah fun times 😄 Can't wait! What do you think @Ataraxy? All I know is that by the end of this, I hope have an entry log for Lilith as a CS >:) 

2 hours ago, amenities said:

I’m planning on staying involved.