Ataraxy

The Renovation Cosa Nostra

“Accidents don't happen to people who take accidents as a personal insult.”
― Mario Puzo, The Godfather

When The Real Mafia Tried To Stop Filming Of 'The Godfather ...

You've had Royal Houses and Noble Houses, mobsters and street gangs, thieves and street scum. You've had robins hoods and white collar conmen. You've had rebels and terrorists. Invaders and gangsters. Cops and robbers. Criminal syndicates and international police. 

But.

What about the Mafia? The good ol' 1920s Mafia, with their gentlemen suits, code of honor, and take no shit attitude. Unlike the standard criminal syndicate portrayed in Valucre, the Mafia are protectors. A group of people who take the law into their own hands when the government fails them.

“I don't trust society to protect us, I have no intention of placing my fate in the hands of men whose only qualification is that they managed to con a block of people to vote for them.”
― Mario Puzo, The Godfather

In the wake of the entire Nu Martyr provincial government collapsing under the weight of the invader's Paragons, the villages and towns through the province had no one to protect them. It wasn't until months after that the old Noble Houses started to reach out to take the reigns.

Meanwhile, who saved the people? Who kept commerce going? Who defended the poor and the weak from rage fueled Paragons let loose upon the innocent? 

Who kept the Order?

THE FOUR FAMILIES DID.

Although other Mafia families can exist throughout Nu Martyr to different extents, I'm mainly focusing on the city of Nu Rosinder. Ascension City (previously Nu Martyr City), is being controlled by House Chanaril and has recently become a safe zone. But the second largest city, Nu Rosinder, has been resisting the Paragons and House Chanaril's authority. 

Due to the recent changes in Nehalen (you can read about it more in depth, but with the death of Renovatio's Old Gods, Reno's Loci was forced apart from the divine Will and resulted in Loci particles that interfere with electricity. This left the majority of Nehalen in the era of Medieval and Steampunk, when steam-powered mechanisms were re-introduced to common life. 

Thus the setting is perfect and the curtain is about to raise on the show of Renovatio's first Cosa Nostra. 

To start, I'm looking for people who'd like to start a Mafia Family in the city of Nu Rosinder. Since Nu Rosinder never really got its own lore article, I'll be working on one for people that join me in the Mafia Games.

I might end up taking one of the family slots, so starting with THREE OPEN SLOTS to create your own Family. Anyone and everyone is free to join a family. And if you don't want to, well, Nu Martyr is still looking for some canonized Counts and Marquesses to join the ranks of nobility!

Family 1: Salvatore

Family 2: Gualtiero

Family 3: Fedele

Family 4: Centanni

Welcome to the Family.

“We are all honorable men here, we do not have to give each other assurances as if we were lawyers.”
― Mario Puzo, The Godfather

*For those of you who don't know what the Mafia hierarchy looks like, I've provided it in the spoiler under here.

Spoiler

How Is A Mafia Family Structured? | The NCS

Edited by Ataraxy

Especially since I just watched "Goodfellas" for the first time ever about a week ago. I'm already envisioning a character who would say something like "Where'd I get my powers? Hey, guys, this mook wants ta know where I got my fuckin' powers!" *Slaps other guy upside the head* "I did a buncha fuckin' chinups!"

1 hour ago, Veloci-Rapture said:

Especially since I just watched "Goodfellas" for the first time ever about a week ago. I'm already envisioning a character who would say something like "Where'd I get my powers? Hey, guys, this mook wants ta know where I got my fuckin' powers!" *Slaps other guy upside the head* "I did a buncha fuckin' chinups!"

Great movie, one of my all time favourites for sure! 

I have never gotten around to watching the godfather, and coincidentally I was gonna watch it tonight with popcorn 😄 What a nice coincidence.

I'm hella interested! Of course with a few asteriks along the way 😛 

I figure I should step out of the VCF for just a bit, too much of something can never be good. I think if I'd be up to rule an entire family, if you'd let me 😄 Could even has ties somewhat to the VCF, albeit strained at best. 

But do give me a moment, my interest will probably peak tonight, AFTER I watched the godfather 😄 

i have a problem. I love positions of power. i don't really RP as part of a group much, but when i do, i like being at the top. So i'm thinking of creating a character for this. But i'll try something new and instead go in for an underboss position. What? did you think i was going in for boss? xD

I’d be happy to join in a non-leadership position. Maybe someone’s consigliere or soldier?

I ain’t got the hutzpah at the moment to be in charge of another thing, but I can help bury bodies and dust some knuckles.

Okay, so here's what it's looking like right now:

The Four Families

1. Ataraxy
  2. @Sanonymous
  3. @Dabi
  4. ???

Want to join a family but not be the Don/ Godfather/ Boss/ any other name for head-honcho you'd like - feel free to work with names above

1. @paradigm
  2. @Veloci-Rapture

People who expressed interest, thank you, but didn't actually say what they wanted to do lmao

1. @Aleksei
  2. @danzilla3