Sir Nathaniel

Starting Anew. (OC)

I am as well. Sorry for the delay. I meant to post yesterday, but my boss jumped up my hours to 39. 

...And gave me the damn evening shift while he was at it.

Regardless, I will post tomorrow. Be prepared for the true threat to appear soon.

FYI I calculated the population of the city to hold in the millions based on ancient Rome, which was 7 square miles and contained 1 million people. So if our city is 4 - 5 miles across and roughly circular, this gives it an area of about 12-20 square miles, meaning it should be able to hold about 2-3 million people if the population density is the same as ancient Rome.

It's a huge city!

Posted (edited)

Jeez. I just based its size off and density off Helen, Georgia. Which has a population of 500. I didn't intend for it to be so massive. Better modify it.

Edited by Sir Nathaniel

That's probably a good idea. I suppose it depends if those four-five miles also contain farmland or just buildings. I'll modify my post too, once you've modified yours.

Already done. A mile or so. It's just a decent sized town, enough to fit about 2-3000 people at most. It's tightly packed buildings mostly but with lits of parks and open spaces.

I appreciate your patience, both of you. The next post will be soon. It's time we get this show on the road. 

The Necromancer in charge of the horde is a real nasty piece of work.

Posted (edited)

Ah, funny thing, Nathan's not anything more than human, but if his charisma and ability to inspire good in others IS superhuman. We'll make a hero out of Igni yet.

Also, important thing to remember are the exact words he used. 😉

Edited by Sir Nathaniel

Just want you both to know, I very much appreciate your patience. I hadn't expected my job and my life to take so much of my time up, but I should have a little something soon. 

Also, while I am very much an improviser, I do have some permanent ideas in mind. And I am always open to suggestions.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have anything.