Phoebe

Calm before the Storm

Having remained rather silent during the initial presentation of the being that he supposed would be a rather tough foe to face, although rather whole heartedly disbelieve in the notion that gods were real, merely beings with a power level that was on a higher platform. This being applied as well, as if it were truly a god, it would be unable to be captured in the fashion that his wife and the various other members of the assembly so proposed. 

Even more so to add to the list of his rather cautious thoughts was the method prescribed to supposedly catch the creature, oh which they seemed rather poorly equipped to deal with, in terms of real equipment. Surely if something were to embody such a powerful set of abilities that it would be considered a god, that a mere vessel of clay would be unable to hold the entity.   

He sat quiet, listening to his peers, his old friends and new ones voice their opinions, many of which seemed to be far less supportive that what he was used to seeing whenever Addison poised an idea, and didn't know how to feel about the situation, merely a tad bit of worry of the lack of resources truly within their possession, though such materials were not his kind to use, not his chosen sort. 

He laughed quietly, before raising his hand slightly, a crooked smile upon his face, and an adventurous gleam within his eyes, not moving from his position of sitting down, and simply spoke a "few" words with confidence. 

"If my fate is to die fighting alongside whatever allies that shall join on this quest, then so be it. I must say, I am disappointed in you lads. What happened to the days of risk, of warfare, of glory and combat, when we would go forth with little knowledge of what faced us yet still feel no fear of death! We marched in the Zones, Hawk, we survived chaos upon war after war, as we marched through mud and madness and fear and victory, Through Soloman's reign of terror and Duck's ever-present anarchy filled ideals fighting us at every corner! As for Howard, as much as I admire the man, I am not surprised. He has jumped ship so much, both literally and figurately. You, my friends, those I believe the best of my friends, those of my shield brothers and sisters, I will march on this trek for victory, even if you refuse to march along with me, I will march for not only to fight alongside the one I love, but to help those I need to. Cowardice is rewarded with nothing but shame, and guilt, regret for the days you sacrificed your ideals for your life! Would you rather perish, fighting alongside us, as one force of honour, or hide in guilt and regret if we do indeed perish, knowing you had the chance, but refused the call. WE are the strong, the warriors that shall guide the future. WE are the ones who have done what no others have done. WE have won wars, WE have prevailed where others failed. You know why? Because WE, were WE, united. And that is how we are supposed to stand, together, whether for honour, for companionship, glory, or any other reason. But if we do not stand together, we shall fall apart."

After his "few" words, he went quiet once more, taking a pipe out of his pocket, and snapping his fingers, as they lit in a small flame, as if a lighter, lighting the pipe and ending his moment of input fully.

Douglas, after several moments of silence, spoke up. For once he seemed... angry. There was an obvious sense of distaste as he spoke, and even his movements were erratic.

"The admiral is right. Do you not realise the futility of this plan? Volatile gunpowder? Mortar teams? We'd be lucky if it didn't spot us hauling all our equipment over there with our men! And what of civilian casualties? How do we know where this monster will appear next? How do we lure it out to an open field? And even then - in an open field, our men would be exposed, an easy target! This plan... it has near zero regard for the lives of the people!" Douglas pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing. Flicking through his notebook, taking a brief scan, he began talking again.

"Though Kyoku is undoubtedly a powerful asset, I doubt that he alone would be able to take down a bloody god, because I, with all due respect, believe that the mortars will do absolutely no damage. Another flaw I'd like to point out is that to be able to retreat quickly, we'd either have too small of an artillery unit or some brand new technology that I'm not aware of. Again, with all due respect, I honestly think this is a horrible plan, and I predict an extremely high casualty rate."

m3sutstkw9f41.jpg"FInally. A voice of reason."

The soft barely audible words came out of the Shishi's mouth once Douglas finished his speech. She had been silent since the meeting began. Well, kind of silence since her rather noisy suckling of that lollipop in her mouth might have struck a nerve or two. The discussion was amusing from the start but the longer it took, the more it became apparent that these peope wer ignorant of the dangers of challenging a god.

"Allow me to share my unwarranted opinion on this matter," she spoke from her seat. Standing up was too much of an effort and it would make her look silly. Not to mention the fact that she looked out of of place with her flowing blonde hair, soft facial features. clad in black from head o toe and her signet ring in each and every finger. The woman looked more like a discount biker chick than an actual Knight Apprentice. Definitely not someone who could give any decent advice.

"Take it from someone who'd been there. Cut off from their divine realm and from their divine protection, the angry gods are vulnerable but sill overpowered as fuck. From creating multitudes of divine constructs, spamming weather effects, and city-busting abilities, you'd could sending your troops to a pointless death. A small group of elites would have a better chance at succeeding. Like James did. Or the other godslayers."

"But that god should be near death by now. Based on experience, they don't last long without access to their realm or from their divine power. It's impressive that it could survive that long."

After she was done speaking, Shishi's mouth would return to enjoying that lollipop. Her thoughts on the other hand were back on her sister.

I would have asked my sister to intervene to lessen casualties but she's too busy building a new home for her gods. This godslaying arc has gone way too long for comfort. It had been months already since that arc started. People should have moved on past this trend by now.

Edited by Zashiii

Masuda stared blankly at the people around him, slouching in his seat. *God shit, huh? We've been here for like- Two minutes.* Seems someone has no idea how time works. *Why are we already fighting gods?* The shinobi thought, zoning out for a second. Then, something caught his attention. " Hmph. " A small puff of smoke expelled from his nose. He was displeased. " So you're sayin we're too weak? " A brow was raised. Masuda was the competitive type, and he was never happy when the topic of being too weak was brought up. He sat up straight. " Azelhart, " He didn't address the girl. He had no clue who she was. " I'm sure you've heard about how I've single-handedly saved our men from several falling missiles. Or how I beheaded a shit ton of pirates in mere seconds. " He went on. " Gods are just really big mortals. If it bleeds, I can kill it. " 

" And that's only me. " He added, slouching again.
@Phoebe @Xoco

"Masuda. I also have no doubt in your capabilities as a warrior, but you do not see the bigger picture either, do you? Do any of you at all, in fact?" His words were sharp, Douglas now on the verge of attacking them with his words, his voice splitting the room.

"We are going to risk pointless deaths over your egos. Aye, you may think yourself mighty enough to face the wrath of a god, but those around you aren't. Look around - you lot are but a mortal as well. Kyoku and Masuda can only do so much, and when they die, who will stop the god from crushing us? And when we die, who will stop the god then? Please do keep in mind that though the two of you may have powers capable of levelling cities within seconds, do you have the precision to do so without hurting the common folk? Without killing those we are meant to protect? This... this unorganised violence... You're not killing any gods with these methods, you're killing us." Douglas scoffed and looked across the room, utter disappointment painted across his face. 

"I plead with this room, for the betterment of the people, do not go forward with this plan. We are far too disorganised to be able to cull the giant without suffering extreme casualties. We will be left exposed; vulnerable to other attacking forces if we are to waste all of our army on getting ridding of this one menace. I plead with all of you, please, look at the bigger picture!"

June sat back in his chair. He crossed arms as his ears remained open to the bickering around him. With a resting bitch face, he looked up. He sat up and sighed in an irritated manner. His blue eyes didn't exactly fall upon anyone in the room but his rugged voice began to speak up. 

"There's two different types of people. Those who take risks because they're stupid and those who take them and are fully aware of the consequences. I totally think we can do this, we just don't have the technology. This 'god' has disadvantages but we don't necessarily have the resources to benefit from said downfalls. You have a good heart, Lady Addison but I fear you aren't quite aware of the dangers that not only put those who man the mortars but even Kyoku or Metal man over there or even yourself."

He then looked up at the ceiling still making no eye contact with anyone else in the room. A nervous feeling rushed through him. Mr. Ranger was perhaps the only ordinary fellow there, no powers, not dandy little trinkets to assist him, only fighting skill and a strategical mind. The blonde mans shakers gripped both biceps as he kept his arms crossed. His chin fell and so did his gaze as he looked back down at the table before him, bouncing his right leg up and down.

"Perhaps if we had more people who could pack a punch, your chances would increase but. . . I doubt any gun or explosive can pierce through that. . . things . . flesh." 

Edited by Heroshima

"That is not to say we will not scout the area first for civilians and evacuate them," Addison scowled in irritation. "We have scout bikes so that's what we're going to use them for."

"I'm confused by your intentions, Master Azelhart. Are you proposing that we leave the God to continue its trail of destruction until someone with far more malicious intent culls it for its power? Or are you suggesting an alternate plan, because if you have one that is better, I'd like to hear it. However, if we're going to continue this discussion, I'd like to make it clear the boundaries and aims of the men which we are sending. Our mortar teams will be at a distance from the God. They will fire from range and retreat if approached or engaged by the God. If things get messy, we can employ our heavier hitters to slow the God down and continue to pelt it from all directions with mortar shells. We continue this process until the God is weak enough to be incapacitated, upon which we will neutralize its offensive capabilities and send Doctor Hinoka to perform his ritual. Do you have any qualms with this plan, Master Azelhart?"

@Xoco

Kora thought deeply about what Addison was proposing. She kept in mind that they would not be killing the entity, but weakening it to a state ideal for capturing. But she could not help but think that they were unprepared, in a sense. Before deciding to contribute to the discussion, she stood idle and listened to the surrounding members. Glad to see that others held similar opinions, she cleared her throat.

"I personally think that it's also a matter of knowledge. How well do we know this thing?"

The Kommandant spoke up from her position at the back of the room. Her arms laid folded across her chest and she leaned against the wall casually, eyes studying the glowing slide. "We know it's a god, but gods are no generalized entity- they hold specific and complex powers, thus there are specific and complex ways that correlate with how to deal with them." Her usual monotonous voice was laced with a hint of question, signalling that she was in thought as she spoke. The silver haired lady stood among a room filled with individuals that had capabilities she'd never think to doubt. But she kept in mind that they were also people who the Bastion could not stand to lose.

"What is the best way to incapacitate it? Mortars were not designed to cause destruction to celestial beings. Similarly to what the Admiral said, it'd be like throwing eggs at a brick wall. This isn't an impossible task, but I feel that the plan needs more time to be re-devised if we're leaning towards a no-casualty mission."

From his place quietly at the table, Hawk's eyes drifted to June as he spoke. Though he held great distaste for the man, he had a valid point. Hawk hated to agree with him, he was a velvet after all. One who would have fought for the syndicate during the Atlesian civil war had it taken place. Hawk even had a sneaking suspicion he had participated in the violent protests at Herograd less than a week before the destruction of Atlas. He sighed as he removed a cigar from his pocket before twirling it around in his mechanical fingers. As Howard had said, he felt this plan was irrational and reckless. 

"I reckon the velvet's right. So is Kora." He paused lighting the cigar using the cheap metal lighter from his uniform pocket. "Addison, If we must do this, we gotta find another approach. We simply can't deploy men for the mortar crews. I won't allow it. We don't know what this thing is capable of. I don't imagine a god will be very happy to have pebbles thrown at it." Hawk added staring at the glowing tip of the cigar before placing it in his mouth. 

"Very well," she replied tiredly, sinking backward into her chair in exasperation. "If anyone has ideas, the floor is open to suggestion."

She waved her hands around furiously without meaning.

"If you're proposing some sort of magic attack, I'd like to make it a point that our armory largely consists of physical weapons meant to deal physical damage. Alternatives? Anyone?"

She looked up and down the rows of individuals assembled. Prior to the meeting, the folly of attacking a God with physical projectiles had occurred to her several times. But what ultimately persuaded her to the proposal was the lack of other options.

Having once more sat back and let others speak, his gung ho attitude had faded slightly, a gleam in his eyes of slight hatred, the red tape of bureaucracy being shown clearly in front of him, something he had excluded himself from long ago for the very reason as was shown. So much did he kiss the days of old, when it wasn't all risks this, technology that, when a good blade would make a dragon fall, and adventurers were unafraid to risk themselves for the greater good.

"Perhaps the issue in this conversation is the fact that we don't have the power to take on the god head on, that brute force will obviously not work. This is a force of nature, of destruction and death, and like all forefathers before us, we must use tact and intelligence to win, not fists, shells, bullets and rough words born from a lack of action. Many of us from the Old World of ours have experienced sitting in compliancy while we watched paint dry around us, not willing to takes risks for the simple fate of fear of death, preventing us, or more so, you all, from truly living. Our truest option in order to make a winning play may just be forced in order to stall or restrain the "god", providing this witch doctor of sorts is able to do this ritual on the go. We can't employ battlefield tactics, for this isn't a battlefield, its a single enemy, with a single mindset, with morale so high it is off the charts, and I doubt we could scare a being with such immense ability as that one has into surrender."

He inhaled, before blowing out smoke, tapping his foot upon the ground as he thought as he sat, going quite for a few moments, as if planning his next words with careful consideration, as he knew he was facing a tough crowd. His voice now held a tone of roughness to it, no longer the bountiful joyous voice that called out for such basic thoughts of honour and regret, and now hard edged reality, in his opinion.

"Perhaps hit and run tactics would be the best way to embrace this situation, giving enough time to distract it into the way of the ritual, which may need to be performed with disregard for safety. This could lead to us becoming infinitely better off, And I do not believe we're taking our full capabilities to this battle, surely not leaving us undefended. If such were the case, I would agree with Mister, Azelhart was it? However, this will only be risking ourselves, and a few others who signed up to fight, not to be worried about, and I doubt that this plan will not be put into motion, whether you support the Master Knight's plans or not, whether by us, or others. I do not see why we need to fell the creature, unless this ritual requires such closeness of proximity that it has to be unconscious, but even so, a more dynamic plan may be needed."

He took another puff from his pipe, letting out a sigh as more smoke followed his escaping breath. He twirled the pipe around in his hand, the tip showing signs of being chewed as he wondered as to what it would take to truly move a crowd as cynical as these people, with so much more at their fingertips, wished to do so much less, speaking of casualties, when none were assured to happen, to those unable to participate in the grand escapade. 

"I feel as if this would be a test run, if we truly are to fail. But think on this, you fear of others attacking us, but what if they snatch our glorious prize from us first? What if the likes of our enemies, or at least those we know are not our friends, such as Duck or Khan, get their hands upon such a being, like Addison suggests. We would fall even faster in such a situation, to a force that already gives us challenge in combat. We must take the risk, even if it may not even be needed, even if the possibility is slim, for both success or for enemy plight to emerge to take what we shall win if we merely plan to defeat, carefully as we now must. We do not have the ability to fell the creature into submission, so the next alternative is clear. If we are already risking as much as is on the table, whether it be honour or our very lives, I very much doubt it shall ever be put into submission, as suggested."

Once more he took a break from speaking, a longer time pondering than he had before, not bothering with the pipe as his tapping upon the chair in which he sat upon ceased, and he started once more.

"Sacrifices are needed in warfare. Tell me Hawk, if you could have let a handful of soldiers die, in exchange for even a chance of what happened to Atlas never happening, would you have? Is a few dead men worth culling a dangerous monstrosity, in which could just as well be used against us, whether of its own violation or of our enemies, of which we may have few, but of which power is plentiful within their grasp. I Believe Miss Kora is right, we cannot go in without recon, but we must be willing to have a more dynamic plan, even if it comes to the state of bringing the doctor into the fray while the beast is held at bay, for even a mere moment, in order to secure victory. It appears my spur of Honour and Victory was spoken to unwilling ears, so I'll propose a question. How much faith do you put in luck? Because the way ours works, for how much hardship we have endured, minus those I cannot speak for due to my ignorance of many current events, that more hardship shall occur, especially if we refuse to try and stop it in its tracks. So I ask you, are you willing to risk yourselves, or let others be in risk? If you care so greatly for those, to protect them, then show it and put your minds together, some of the most intelligent beings I have been graced with the pleasure of meeting, Together to solve yet another issue with the determination you once had in your youth. If such manages to occur, then I shall once more be able to call myself proud to have thrived among this generation, otherwise, I shall just be as unsatisfied with the inability to risk oneself for the greater good, for both selfish and selfless issues, whether or not the outcome may end well. Make the ones who came before your bloodline proud to have such descendants follow their lineage,  or continue to hide from what true living is, and what true life holds such a risk of existence."

He sat back once more, not caring whether his words would be heard as such as he wished, merely now feeling disdain for those who stood alongside in this problem, yet stated that the problem was not one they should face, that they should look elsewhere for opportunity. It truly pained him, the yearn for when things were not made as complicated, when it was the present that was to be lived in, not the future to be fearful for.

uuLZhky.jpg
The meeting quickly turned to adults bickering with each other, rather than proposing actual plans. They didn't like the idea of using mortars to weaken the big nasty because they might kill people or die, themselves. Addison didn't want to kill it because... reasons that Lexa couldn't understand. If it's dangerous and hurting people, just kill it. People will die whether they act or not.

While the adults started ganging up on Addison instead of giving their own ideas like the allegedly intelligent monkeys they were supposed to be, Lexa had left the meeting. Analysis of the situation concluded that they'd be there a while...

Lexa had been given a full ream of printer paper to draw with when she got to this place, but hadn't made much use of it. Lexa's understanding of a lot of subjects was far beyond most adults simply because of the way she learned. Standard humans learned through reading, repetition, and application of knowledge. Lexa learned through examination and passive processing. She could read an entire college textbook and explain it after only a week, or selectively learn specific things by prioritizing them. Such great potential, and it only costed her, her humanity...

The Schematics

With the applied knowledge, Lexa pulled out an assortment of pens and began working on a schematic. The schematic showed how to optimize the ranged capabilities of the mortars. The fins on the end of the schematic were given a cap. Inside the cap was a solid-fuel rocket that would ignite after three seconds of flight. The fins on the end of the cap were smaller, and angled to make it spin. The spinning motion would help it fly straighter, and give it more impact force. The rocket gave it more range. The result would be that their mortar team could move further back.

The schematics had included a second modification to the mortars. A metallic cap, the proposed element being Titanium or Aluminum for their lightweight properties. However, it was noted that literally any material other than Mercury would work. The tip of the cap was formed to penetrate material before splitting apart. Increased penetration would help it punch through Taurus's body, and the splitting of that tip would create shrapnel and direct more of the explosive force forward, since there would be less resistance in that direction.

An addition to her recommendation included taking apart the mortar's body. Removing some of the explosive inside, but inserting something in its place. The schematics described it as a magical explosion, something that could interact with ethereal, or magical constructs far greater than common reactions. The schematics she made, however, were for the more simple-minded members of the team and not the bookworms.

A summary of the first set of schematics was a mortar that would fly faster, farther, and penetrate deeper than normal mortars. It would deliver a directed magical explosion, which would be less effective on humans, but more effective against beings like their target.

Schematic 'B' was a modification to the mortar tubes. It was a very simple design, but was more efficient. Rather than needing two men to operate the mortar, one for aiming, one for firing, the new design called for just one. The mortar was set on an adjustable stand with a device on the top that acted much like a sniper's bolt. Six mortars were loaded into a holding chamber with a spring the forced them forward to the front of it. When the bolt was worked, a mortar was dropped from the chamber into the front of a barrel. Attached to the front was a rail that extended from the barrel and guided the mortar down and in, where it would impact the firing pin and take off. The design allowed for faster, single-man firing, and could easily be made from scrap metal.

The last set of schematics were addressed specifically to Kyoku, who was titled the most competent magic user. Lexa would put that to the test. The schematics she made were for the magic part of the explosion. It used extremely old, rune-based magic to create a vortex. The vortex took magic in from the surrounding area and condensed it until it was so concentrated that it formed small beads. If this were Genesaris, the device could be performed in a small room and produce enough mana beads in just a few days. But this was Terrenus, and Kyoku would need a much larger work space.

The schematic was extremely detailed and included the exact size of the device. Twelve magic circles were drawn in a near-perfect circle around a six-pillar center. The pillars were equidistant from each other, and in the middle of them was a basin, specified to be a meter wide, and a foot deep. Just like many old magic techniques, blood was required to start the reaction. One drop of goat's blood, every minute.

Along with the schematics was another twenty pages of condensed magical theory, explaining each rune and the importance of accuracy with this type of magic. It was also explained how alternative spells can be imbued into the resulting beads, allowing for more applications further down the line.

Delivering the Schematics

Lexa had knocked on the door to her room. "Excuse me, Big Brother...?" she asked in a tone that could give someone diabetes. The man on the other side didn't respond, but Lexa knew he was there, and the door wasn't soundproof. "Big sister left something. Lexa doesn't understand the stuff, but it looks impotent." The man let out a sigh and said "What is it?" to which Lexa said "Lexa doesn't know."

The door was cracked open and the man said "Give it here." to which Lexa obeyed and handed the schematic packets to him. The writing was in pen, but it was far too neat to be done by a mere child. It was also far too detailed and technical. "Umm... Does big brother know what they're for?" Lexa asked through the crack. "Uhhh... looks like some stuff for-" he cut himself off. "For what?" Lexa asked. "Nothing. I'll get these to who they needa get to." "Okay."

The door was closed and as another person had passed, the guard stopped them and said "Hey, get these to the meeting room. Stat." the person looked at the pages and nodded, thinking they looked far too official and advanced to be unimportant. She took off, running to get to the meeting room.

Lexa had arrived back in her electron form just before a somewhat wordy speech was given. As if timed by the gods themself, directly at the end, the door to the room was opened slowly. "Umm, Miss?" the woman said while holding the three schematic packets. "I have your notes, here... You forgot to bring them with you." She handed the two packets describing the mortar's augmentations to Addison, directly. "And... these have your name on them, Sir." she said before handing the magical notes to Kyoku.

Edited by Priestess

Douglas scanned the worn pages of his book for counsel, his eyes glued to its pages, speaking without addressing his audience eye to eye.

"Perhaps a hit and run is the best option. Though I do have a few concerns with that plan for the time being. Firstly, we need an accurate assessment of the extent of this god's powers. I understand that it wields fire and lightning, though I want to know as much as possible about its habits and tendencies in battle. Second, we need to properly understand its range and reaction time in order to be able to skirmish without casualties. Third, we'll need to be able to see our own effectiveness. Though many of you here have conquered powerful enemies and performed heroic feats, none of you have faced an enemy of this caliber, and thus we are not capable of self-judgement just yet."

Closing his book, he looked up, his usual tone of confidence rising in his voice, "If we are able to gauge these factors, I have no doubt that we should be able to incapacitate the beast."

"How this scouting operation is done, however, is a risk I am unsure of how to handle. Masuda and Kyoku are the only ones who are likely able to tank a hit or two from the god, but they are our only assets that we can actually harm it with."

His eyes narrowed. He looked up and over to Nacht as he finished speaking. A million thoughts had rushed through his mind, as if his brain had been switching through hundreds of channels but stopped on one. 

"I was 18 when Marshall Hawk washed us up on those shores and we got popped like flies. Nacht, was it? What we went through. . . that any of us survived at all was a testament to our strength. A leader must be ready to send them men under his command to their deaths, the duty is to the mission. It's acceptable to sacrifice lives when necessary. What is not acceptable is to waste said lives. I have full confidence that I'm in a room with people that have capabilities that I myself could not comprehend. Fuck!"

The man sat up in his chair and lifted his peaked cap as he looked around at everyone. A smirk formed on his face as he did so.

"I bet you every single one of you could kick my ass but I sure as hell could take a hit and get back up ready again. I lost my home and so did 11 Million other people, what were those lives on the beaches for? What were those lives in the trenches for? What were those lives on our very own soil for? I'd like to say that a soldier is willing to put his or her life on the line when they know that. . . at least someone can finish the job. That they may lose their life to the enemy before them but a generation would be spared. I take a liking to Nachts idea of a hit and run, this target looks big enough, its hard to miss. A good distraction could set this thing off course as the doctor is escorted to the behemoth. None of this is impossible, we just have our own disadvantages. We need to make use with whatever we got. . . guerrilla warfare as it's called. One question though. . . how do we know that this thing will not have us consumed in a blazing hell fire. Us being the ground troops firing said mortars."

@HellstenNacht @Phoebe

Edited by Heroshima

c89b3f33ce8f253f7dbd4a0a48086d32.jpg

Initially when he'd entered, the Knight found himself intrigued in how they might plan on going about the daunting task before them. As the conversation progressed into more or less of an argument of what if's and self doubt more than anything else. Each time Jinsoku thought to chime in, he found himself silenced by the back and forth. His charcoal eyes narrowed as his frustrations rose. Should anyone meet his gaze with their own eyes, perhaps they even caught a glimpse of the beast caged within him. Regardless, they might have felt intimidated, ridiculed by his gaze. Though this wasn't his intent, there was no intent, he just wasn't sugar coating his presence. He tried clearing his throat sarcastically a couple times to reign them in, and at his failures to grasp any one person's undivided attention for even the briefest of moments, he opted to audibly impact the very ground they stood on. Though no damage was left in the wake of the spike butt of the halberd, the vibration from the impact itself likely caught the attention of those standing nearest him. Without hesitation, he shouted, his voice echoing throughout the entire room. Though he was a single man, his voice held the might of a thousand.

"No Gods, no Kings, only Man!"

Perhaps they'd be mistaken, though Jinsoku knew from the looks on a few faces that his voice carried with it the might of a storm, booming in likeliness to thunder. Likewise, some of them perhaps even heard the lace of wolf growls in his speech. Pacing slowly into the forefront of those conversing, he got a good look at each of them, reading them as he considered the precise way to deliver his next words. For his intent was to lift their spirits, not to break them.

"If it lives, it can die. From the sounds of it, you don't want to kill it, rather you wish to trap it. Indeed, attempting to trifle with something entering the panic throws of it's dying life, it's hard to believe you could subdue it. If I were in charge of this objective, make no mistake, death is the most viable option. However, sealing it removes the potential of nature miraculously setting the perfect revenge story for the Gods. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only manipulated; Changed. Regardless of method or ultimate goal, I can't help but wonder what you all are so afraid of. A God is nothing to laugh at, but neither is a Man."

He paused as he continued to look around at the faces he could see. A handful of their forces respectively were a little less than normal such as himself, though when his story began, he was just a normal squishy human like the lot of them. The first of the words he chose to continue with perhaps earned a bit of humor to be shared in the fact that he still looked pretty young to begin with.

"In my youth, I found myself living at what I thought then was the pinnacle. I was a nobody outside the underground, but in the underground I was known for my ridiculous and risky tactics as a brawler. Maybe sometime I can show you all my old signature move", he mused a bit as his expression lightened, a snicker escaping him as he unabashedly laughed at his own joke that nobody would get. "Anyways, one day I was out strolling the city, headed to this old spot called Club SadistFaction, though I found myself distracted by some strange alien dude with an obsession with music from my world of origin. I don't remember exactly what lead up to these next events, though inevitably we were faced with a panic in the local mall."

He paused a brief moment as his free, left hand closed into a fist. Pushing through his own anxieties, ignoring the phantom pains roused in the scars on his legs which currently couldn't be seen. It had been years, though even now he could still feel the tearing, burning sensation associated with necrotizing flesh. He could even smell it.

"A demoness emerged as the culprit, and foolishly, I rushed to save that stupid alien dude after he decided to throw his life away to allow other innocents to escape...In return I ended trying to run once I realized I was in over my head. Suddenly I found my legs snared by black tendrils, of some sort of shadow or darkness variety. Effectively tripping me, and removing my ability to run, I found myself on my ass, crawling away from the demon with incoherent babbling, a tear stained face, my pants by now saturated in my own urine. I knew in that moment I knew I was going to die. As I closed my eyes and allowed myself to accept my untimely fate, I was saved! Chaos ensued as some man not much larger than myself not only defended him, but pushed the Demoness back! Once he backed her into a corner however, she revealed herself to be a dragon. To this day, she's one of the smallest dragons I've ever seen, though she was still undoubtedly a fucking dragon. This man, my savior found himself ultimately disarmed...Even worse, he found himself trapped within the dragon's maw as she took to flying off with him as her consolation. While spared, I instantly hated myself for being so weak. For being enough of a burden to force another to lay their life on the line for me. I didn't even feel that I was worth being saved. Without his sword, without being able to draw another weapon, I knew now that that man was going to die on my behalf...And then he punched the dragon in the fucking mouth!!!"

Once more he looked around to their face, eager to see if any among them were keen enough to catch on to the moral of the story before he directly delivered it himself.

"The dragon wailed in pain, lost a couple teeth even! Dropped him like a hot potato and continue to haul ass out of there. After a rough landing, the man recovered, and even helped tend to my unnatural wounds. In that moment, I begged him to become my Master, to make me strong enough to never feel so helpless again. To give me the strength to do what he did that day, the strength to defend the weak! It's been two, almost three years since that day. That man I speak of, is none other than Master Knight James Eredas. Rest assured that if I had have punched that dragon in the mouth that die, she likely would've laughed and eaten me anyway. Today however, I have faith that I could do such a thing, and yield the same results as my Master before me.

The point of me telling you all of this, is to establish that yes, so called Gods are daunting to have as foes. However, Man is much more so. There isn't a race alive that can evolve and adapt like Man can. Man can survive nigh any event, can overcome nigh any obstacle. If you are afraid, that's good. Fear will keep you alive, lest you allow it to consume you. If a single man can make a Dragon run, a hundred can make a God wish it did. If you'll have me, I volunteer to scout ahead and gather any information possible. Though understand that we can't make a whole plan without scouting ahead. I think it's best to devise three plans; One for killing this God, one for catching it, and one for retreat. If the mission cannot be completed, there's no need to throw away the lives of several men and women for a lost cause. In which case we'd regroup and revise our plans accordingly.

I must ask though, in the case that containing the God doesn't work, can you accept that in case of failure we may have to kill it?" His gaze rested now on Addison despite not verbally point her out.