supernal

Dealing with demons OOC

2 minutes ago, Darthgamer101 said:

Here is the thread, I can cross post to the interest check or elsewhere, Also please advise as to what the specific 'mission' would be IC. I have a little orders letter I need to fill with words.

Let's bandy this about together!

Here are the details I posted

Details: This is the second time a caster has tried to summon an extraplanar being and there are rumors of a demonic cult brewing. Your mission can be just investigating and getting information that you would hand to the military for any raids (which would be more combat oriented, even though with NPCs) or it can be doing that as well as the raid that ultimately "cuts the head off the snake" or whatever else you may think of 

Like I said in the beginning of the check you can make this about any kind of roleplay you like and I can't be prescriptive about that. I don't want to suggest a spy mission. I want you to suggest a spy mission, or a murder mystery, or a puzzle quest, and I can help support that, is my intention anyway

But just to set a baseline going off the details above maybe it can be something like "Cadet, we're getting reports that for the Nth time (it can be more than just the number of times players have done it as it supports a more dramatic story). We're having multiple units investigating from multiple angles. You will join a party (or just a partner, or go solo). Find out where their headquarters is (and report back, or capture the head, or stop the Ultra Ritual from happening Once and For All)"

Posted (edited)

Fantastic, appreciate your patience with me in all this. I'll edit my post with the letter bits, 

I think I would prefer a squad style approach, although if we encounter issues recruiting I'm fine with going it alone with either just me narrating the progress or you GMing it along. Would love to RP with anyone I can get my hands on really lol. 

"Cadet, we're getting reports that for the 5th time extraplanar activities are rising, and it looks exactly like it did the last 4 times. We want this snuffed, so we're having multiple units investigating from multiple angles. You will join a party and find out where their headquarters is. Assess the situation in the town, recon, and then report back. If you think you can squash this bug. Do it. Use your discretion.

Gaia's grace soldier."

Sound good?

Edited by Darthgamer101

7 minutes ago, Darthgamer101 said:

Fantastic, appreciate your patience with me in all this. I'll edit my post with the letter bits, 

I think I would prefer a squad style approach, although if we encounter issues recruiting I'm fine with going it alone with either just me narrating the progress or you GMing it along. Would love to RP with anyone I can get my hands on really lol. 

"Cadet, we're getting reports that for the 5th time extraplanar activities are rising, and it looks exactly like it did the last 4 times. We want this snuffed, so we're having multiple units investigating from multiple angles. You will join a party and find out where their headquarters is. Assess the situation in the town, recon, and then report back. If you think you can squash this bug. Do it. Use your discretion.

Gaia's grace soldier."

Sound good?

I think a squad approach makes sense and if you don't get any players, they can be NPCs. I'm happy to chime in with OOC guidance and IC cameo posts to move them as a unit against whatever direction the plot ends up taking

Looks good to me! It looks especially good because it explains why a private would be doing something important but by the same token, danger and criticality don't discriminate. Sometimes they're just the person nearest to the goal and need to be a first responder, sometimes it's because they know someone and that someone sees an opportunity to raise up a friend or kin, sometimes it's because of a specific set of skills the character can bring to the table. I don't want to be prescriptive about that kind of stuff because there's so many potential answers to like infinity questions!

I say we give it a day or two to see who ends up coming in if anyone, since the IC thread just went up like an hour ago, then we can fine tune from there

I’m open to brainstorming until then if you’d like or you can save that for the players that trickle in! The shared GM thing is part of the fun for me but I don’t want you to feel you’re being thrown out into the void either 

Gonna shoot myself here, but lets restrain ourselves until more friends join. I feel like most of the inspiration for plot will come when the typical meet-and-greet occurs IC in Ignatz. Off to the void I go

If no nibbles by tomorrow I should be concluding a military thread with one member and can easily swap this one on. It'd have to be brevity (smaller posts) on my end but I can definitely game it up. Interested?

I would be interested in participating on my questing squire character, Michiel Kholin. 

His story is simply that he goes around trying to find glory in defeating evil in order to become a real knight. Dunno how he could fit into this, though.

So, so far weve got one militant a contractor and 1/2 a knight. Rock solid progress lol

So @Metty totally willing to work with anything you got so long as it lines up with the mission in general. I see firepower and critical thinking needed in equal measure here.

@fedya same goes for squirey here. Critical thinking, and firepower. Your dude seems hella interesting on the outset and could be useful in talking to the populace, or maybe even a knighthood order (if Ignatz has one?). In terms of being brought in.... I think maybe some b.s. about being the equivalent of an 'officer' in UM could suffice to convince the local operation to bring you into the fold. Maybe Michiel heard of the demon nonsense and strong armed his way into the conversation? I'm sure theres many multitudes of ways we can get you in on this, should you desire.