Zigzag

There's Nothing Like A Cold Day [Gundushar]

It was a difficult day, as it had been on most days, for Sentheril. They had come to this small town in the mountains, hoping for some measure of success within their life in magical academia. What they have now is more or less that, just...not as grand as they thought it might be. What more could they ask for when they've been given a chance to actually follow such ambitions? 

On this day, Sentheril enjoyed a thick winter cloak of light blue color, a light blue doublet, gray breeches and dark gray boots, along with a male body. It was a pleasant day, if not a little cold for what they desired, but they could handle it. Some days they walked the streets, much like on this day.

@SteamWarden

"I'm cold... I'm hungry... Who suggested I come out this way? I want to go back home to the island." Walking around with no particular destination in mind, Shannon looked behind her and sighed. The spirit she had summoned to help her find food was of no use as it died with no knowledge of this area. It departed to it's realm and left her in even worse of a situation then she was previously in. No food or lodging and the clothes she was wearing to protect her from the cold were a size too big.

After making it near lodging, she bumped into a person and quickly froze. Looking up at the male, she raised her left hand up, which read 'Goodbye', over her right eye. "Sorry sir." Quickly she hurried off into the building and sighed, quickly finding a place to sit near a fireplace. With an exhausted sigh, she took the baggy coat off and began warming up. 

@Zigzag

A newcomer? It wasn't often that one came to this town, considering its somewhat isolated location. Before Sentheril could even begin to ask a question, the woman was apologizing and then departing into a nearby tavern for respite. Such a pleasant turn of events couldn't simply be wasted, so they followed and hung their cloak to dry. 

"Excuse me, are you new to this place? I don't believe I've seen you around before." Their tone was curious, but gentle, not wanting to startle the woman.

"May I order you an apple cider? You look like you might want something warm to drink. Gundushar can be a tad chilly, so high up in these mountains." They smiled, conveying to her a sense of peace and goodwill. 

"My name is Sentheril Goldburn. May I know yours?" 

Shannon held her hands to the fire and looked over as someone began talking to her. It was the same person she had bumped into on the street. Embarrassed she looked back at the fire and inched slightly closer to it. She stayed quiet for a few moments, before deciding to reply. The person seemed peaceful and it would be rude to just ignore them.

"I am new here. I came here looking for job opportunity, but the person that wanted to hire me rescinded the offer upon seeing me." She reached to her satchel, which was black and matched her entire outfit, and pulled out a little notebook and began writing in it.

Hearing the person offer her a drink, she immediately perked up and her stomach rumbled quietly upon the mention of anything to fill her stomach. "Yes please. I'd very much like that," she answered quietly. A part of her was embarrassed to accept anything from someone, but another part was desperately wanting to ask for food. 

"Nice to meet you Sentheril. I'm Shannon. Just Shannon."