10 minutes ago, Mistyphantom said:

He laughed heartily on hearing the merchants trade, and shook his head slightly. 

"The usual?, and what exactly would you call unusual?"

“Creating An unknowable horror, creating a whole new body. You?”

4 minutes ago, Mistyphantom said:

"Hmm, I can't really say. If you've been alive for as long as i have, nothing seems unusual anymore. I'm Darius by the way."

“Doctor. My business name, and yes, I’ve heard the ‘dr. Doctor’ joke. How old’re you, if you don’t mind my asking?”

Darius laughed. "I don't mind you asking, but i do not remember. I stopped counting a long time ago."

He looked as one lost in thought and spoke to no one in particular. "I have seen countless kingdoms fall, cities burnt to the ground on the slightest of whims, kings usurped and governments collapse from the inside, after a while you begin to lose sight of the importance of time"

9 minutes ago, Mistyphantom said:

Darius laughed. "I don't mind you asking, but i do not remember. I stopped counting a long time ago."

He looked as one lost in thought and spoke to no one in particular. "I have seen countless kingdoms fall, cities burnt to the ground on the slightest of whims, kings usurped and governments collapse from the inside, after a while you begin to lose sight of the importance of time"

“I have a vague understanding of what you mean...It’s a crazy universe, yknow. Maybe one day you’ll find something to make you start counting again.”

"Oh i'm counting on it, In fact that is the very reason I came here. I was told this was a place of new beginnings and quick thrills, so i came in search of mine."

Darius stood up and headed for the door. "Farewell Doctor, hopefully we'll meet again."

Dust settles from the street outside. I stand up dusting my suit off, stomach still swirling as physics and the fluids of my inner ear fought for dominance. The smells from the Tavern are playing havoc on my distressed bowels, but the sound of clinking glasses and metal tankards promises tonics for my ailments. 
I head towards the door as I look for my familiar, TBOH. He is an odd sort, kind of a strong menacing sarcastic type in a hollow, dead sort of way. 
“Well, shall we?”, I ask and open the door. 

The tavern roars with energy, overflowing with the crashing of goblets and the piercing laughter of intoxicated partygoers. The floorboards groan under the sheer mass of people swarming from one end of the tavern to the other. There is a certain spontaneity to the spirits of everyone present, and each conversation offers endless possibilities with a heavily distributed spectrum of outcomes. It seems that as the sun has fallen, the day has only truly started to begin within the Tavern of Legend, and with the beginning comes much youthful excitement.

But not everyone relishes in the flashing moments of the nightlife. Some withdraw like a snail receding from salt, like a finger in contact with a hot kettle. Some prefer the solemn tranquility of isolation. This is the case with the woman in white, crouched away in a chair far too large for her small waist, facing away from the noises out toward the frosty glass window. The lonely weeds amid patches of snow seem to dance in their solitude while music and laughter rattle about the other side of the window. The grass moves at its own rhythm, ignorant of the world around it and the troubles which come with knowledge. The woman desires to run her fingers through the soft and crispy snow, to feel the soft embrace of nature, but she knows that her attire is no match for the winter, and that she will last no longer than thirty minutes, draining her already scarce food supplies. All she can do is stare enviously at the blades of grass as they taunt her with their joyful dance.

Upon closer inspection, her straight black hair is tied up in a bun behind her head. Her garment is observed to be a silky white dress with sleeves hanging far beyond the length of her arms. Her lower body dressing seems to contain both tights and skirt, the latter of which is flowery in shape and falls far further than the length of her feet; it is a wonder that she is somehow able to walk in it. Clad fully in white and with black hair, the only non-monochromatic part of her is her light, peachy skin, which radiates youthfulness and innocence. She leans her chin delicately on her hand, propped up by her elbow against the table and continues her silent observation of the moving grasses.

Edited by Delicious Steak

Lidia carefully pushed against the wet wooden door leading into the tabern.

Her soaked clothes stuck to her body and the cold was biting her skin. Pulling her cape tighter around herself, she walked in the bar. With a bang, the door closet behind her. 

The tavern felt warm and. Cousy.... And the smell of warm food hung in the air. Her tung came out to wet her lips. She could almost taste the scent. 

Her steps dragged mud over the ground as she made her way towards the bar. 

"Could I have some food, please?" Her voice was shaking from the cold but was still firm. 

She removed her cloak and raven black hair fell over her back. It was still dripping from the weather outside. 

OOC note: Hi all. I'll be 'temping' in the tavern until TOL mentor logistics get worked out

Ghallen was seated at a table, his company a few of the other workers that the Tavern employed and who were also on break. He liked to smoke but the weather outside was frightful and unforgiving, so for now he contented himself with chew; he tucked a few shreds under his lip and periodically spit into a tin cup he kept firmly in hand. Those among his coworkers who couldn't stand the habit knew better than to break bread with the chef when he wasn't working.

The Tavern was proper alive with food and drink, frenzy and din; the eye was attracted to motion and the ear to sound, so it was exceedingly easy to lose track of those patrons who disengaged, who relegated themselves to quiet corners and introspection. Ghallen made mental note of them out of habit, he had spent so many years with the clergy that the instinct to look out for the lost remained strong, but he knew better than to impose his presence on someone who preferred their own company.

The door opened again and in walked the newest addition to the crowd, her presence minimal, her voice small enough to lose, but Ghallen was looking her way and had seen those words mouthed often enough that he could almost hear them. He spit the rest of his chew into the tin cup and paid one of the wait staff, a friend, a copper to empty it for him then approached Lidia.

"Sister!" In the honorific. The light in Ghallen's eyes was too bright to suggest he actually confused her for someone else. "You look worse for the wear friend-stranger. I can offer you a warm meal and a drink if you're in a rough way, the owner has a fund for the weary traveler, but it will be very basic fare. Filling and warm but simple. If you're willing to work a little, I can do more."

Lidia's arm stoke a lost strung of wet hair out of her face. A warm smile crept over her lips as the kind man asked her the same question she had just spoken. 

A grunt escaped her lips as she cleared her throat. "That would be lovely sir. But I have no coins with me at this moment. Could I repay you by helping in the kitchen, perhaps?" 

Her clothes were still dripping from the rain outside. Once she had ordered her drink, her wet footsteps carried her towards the blazing fireplace. The heat gave her a good feeling. The water still in her clothes slowly evaporated. 

A bit later, the kind man brought her a hot plate of food and ale. Lidia frowned as to recall the last time she had eaten this well. 

As she was now warm and fed more of the strange tavern caught her attention. It was filled with unknown people. 

Crossing her legs, she looked over the room. Her leather pants squeaked a bit as her legs shifted now and then. 

Leaning back to her chair, she waited. Not sure for what. But she waited. 

OOC: Hi, everyone! I'll be the temp for a while!

Ghallen nodded understanding a lack of coins but there was always a way to repay a debt around the tavern! "If you don't wish to get your hands dirty with washing dishes, as boring as it may be, I can point you in the direction of some quests we have around here." As he took a glass from under the bar and proceeded to fill it full of the ale she request to the point a bit of it spilled over. Draining just a bit of it out he set it in front of her before continuing. "Galtin seems to have lost his horses out by Dul’Calion. He's looking for someone to retrieve them for him. He would prefer them alive but he will reward you even if your not. If maybe you prefer something with a known danger then there are some dire wolves causing a panic for Governor Galicia and his fine citizens." 

As he finishes with his recollection of some of the quests he disappears to the kitchen for just a bit to prepare her food. Upon his return she could see him holding a plate with some steam rolling off of it suggesting it was still fresh. As he set it down in front of her he gives a smile. "There you go miss. Cooked fresh for you. Feel free to stay long as you need. It would seems the weather wasn't to kind to you."

[Hope I'm doing this right, let me know if I need to change anything! This is a repost of a topic I started that I'm moving here to streamline things ^_^]

[Okay so I've decided that I'll post here to try and get used to this format of RP, so for convenience, here's some context! Yes, in Varhac's profile I did say he was born and raised in Valucre, and I think that'll still hold true, BUT since I'm bringing him in from another pre-established canon, I'm deciding that his life in Valucre is like, another life? He was reincarnated into it basically. Vargon is a planet my partner Rei made, and in his original canon, Varhac is from its sister planet Kordonor (also made by Rei but then handed off to me for development). Mentions of these planets, as well as of his family members and partner Nasir, are all memories of his past life. They will fade entirely before he enters Valucre and starts his new life. For simplicity's sake, his Valucre backstory is basically the same as his original canon one but now in a different setting. However, his sister and Nasir will not be in Valucre unless my partner has the energy to join and use them, as those two are their characters and not mine. I think that's all the explanation done! Sorry about that! Thank you for reading!]

Varhac isn't sure how he got here, exactly. Whether he's asleep or dead, he couldn't tell you. He hopes his sister and grandfather are alright, though. And Nasir. His tail swishes anxiously as he pulls the tavern door open, figuring there's not much else for him to do but head forward.

He's not sure why the warmth and the scale of the place take him by surprise. He's seen plenty of similar wonders on Vargon. Or... He's pretty sure he is, at least. It's been kind of tough to think clearly, and getting harder the closer he gets to the next world. The young man shakes his head. No, of course he remembers Vargon's insane technology. And he remembers the cabin, the forest, and the one before that, and Kordonor and the spaceship he stole away on... Sure, it sounds a lot like a dream now that he thinks about it, but-

Ah, there are more pressing matters at hand right now. He enters the tavern.

The sights, sounds, and smell are a bit overwhelming, and he does his best to sulk his way into some shadows. Thank the gods the nearby corner table is empty. To any onlookers, he no doubt looks very uncomfortable and clearly unsure of what he's doing, but he's unaware, and mentally congratulates himself for his quick thinking. I'll just... pretend to be a patron waiting for an order until I figure out what to do. Dammit, why'd there have to be so many people... he laments. The lynx ears on the top of his head swivel back and forth, and he keeps his head low as he listens to everything going on around him. Varhac is grateful at times like these for his difficulty blocking out this kind of noise. Though, it would be nice if every clink of glass and sharp laugh of a stranger didn't startle him and cut through his brain like the sound was something solid.

Levhea noticing the new arrival dawns a smile as he takes a seat. Clearly seeming out of his element she grabs a glass of water before making her way to the table and placing it in front of him. "Here, this should steel your nerves. I've not seen you around her before so I assume you to be new to the tavern." Her smile seemed warm and caring. Her words rather gentle. "May I ask what brings you here in such a mood? If it's danger that you worry of there is no such risk here so why not order some food and take a brake for a moment let the things that worry you off your chest."

She readies a piece of paper before finishing. "So what can I get you? We've got a rather wide selection of food and I'm sure you'll find the food to match your expectations." She couldn't help but wonder what he was going through though as he seemed rather distracted by something and the sounds bugging him we're to normal of someone visiting a tavern. That said hopefully after he got something to eat his nerves would calm down.