Turning his attention back to Celestia Kaia rested his eyes gently on Celestia, although obviously he couldn’t see him. He had learnt that it was the polite thing to do, his ears twitching ever so slightly as he listened to her speak. That’s quite true, many of our kind seem to have decided to give up on the adventurous spirit. It’s quite a shame but, not much we can do about it besides carry it on ourselves.”

Listening once again to the she-elves words, a light blush overcame his face, and he felt his blood course throughout his body for a second.   Was this flirting? Regardless if she had been trying to hide what she was saying she had failed, saying his name had caught his attention. Flirting was something he’d never much participated in himself, a short lived wave of embarrassment washed over him. To him it was such a strange thing to be complimented on, he had never thought his eyes from how they had been described were the distinct opposite as to how they were being described. Perhaps the gods hadn’t completely failed in that aspect after all. “N-no I don’t mind it at all, and no you haven’t spoken to much. To be fair your accent is an orchestra to the monotony of the ear.”

In layman’s terms he was attempting to say that he liked it. He spoke lowly as well as to attempt to not drag Keiko into whatever was going on at the moment. A perk of blindness is the inability to judge others based on their appearance alone. Such pettiness had no such place in his mind.

@Aliara Mizuki Blackrose

————————————————————————————————————————————

“It’s nice to meet you Keiko.” He spoke softly momentarily abandoning the thought of flirtatious behavior, his face however didn’t quite portray the suppression of thought; still displaying the faint blush that he had succumbed to. He thought it odd that she would have trouble discerning her own name. 

“Are you alright?” It was a simple question but he didn’t think she would have a satisfactory answer to his question. Fairly obviously something was wrong, although it was indiscernible from his perspective. Some things simply have to be asked. Hoping that an answer would be given. 

@BunnygirlKeiko

¥Hearing those words,a compliment?... on her voice.Was something new,Celestia had seen the faint hue of red.Dusting across his cheeks,though by comparison.Her own weren't much better,Lashes of white lowered in thought.¥"Surely...y'e jest,Sir Kaia.M'eh voice...an orchestra.."¥Celestia murmured,pulse thrumming like a beating drummer.Taking a moment,she inhaled.Scents of ale,breads and sweets.Before timidly inching fingers,Of the right-hand to brush against his own.Leaning forwards,She uttered quietly toward him,mere inches away,Causing the mass of golden and white curls.To faintly brush his nose.faint scents of Rose's and mint permeated from each strand.while speaking toward him.¥"....y-Y'e may lack sight.But such wording from you..seems to excel quite well..."

"I'm not sure," Keiko admitted.  She forced herself to not think about her situation up till now, but she had to admit that her own behavior up to this point was eye-raising.  She didn't blame Kaia for wanting answers.

"I woke up... however long ago it was - I don't know what time of day it was - lying on an operating table.  Everything hurt back then, but now it's only my head that hurts.  I was in some kind of underground building, but I managed to find my way out.  I got lost after that, and I have no idea where I went, but I eventually found my way here.  I'm having a hard time trying to remember... well, anything prior to waking up there.  I know my name and how speak, but that's about it. Well..." she trailed off, looking worried. "I don't know why, but I feel like I didn't have these ears and this tail before I woke up on that operating table."  I don't know how to explain it.  I guess you could call it a... hunch?  I don't know."

¥Hearing the story,keiko spoke of celestia nodded.Giving a warm and gentle smile.¥"Well...a hunch is the correct wording keiko,And worry not me nor Kaia mind ...your presence here,just relax.Find a drink perhaps food will help ease away ye'r stress,Then perhaps a bath f'er you later.will allow easier sleep."¥Fishing out her satchel,Celestia gave several gold coins to keiko.so the young female may grab food,drink and bedding for the night.¥"You are safe here...I promise keiko."

Kaia listened to Celestia, his ears twitching again as he listened to her. “Don’t be kidding yourself lass. If I say something, trust me, I mean it.” He said lowly again. She had appealed to his other senses, something he enjoyed as he wasn't provided with the gift of natural sight. He similarly reciprocated Celestia’s slightly sensual actions brushing his own fingers against her as she brushed her hair slightly against his nose, filling his nose with the scent of rose and mint. He was familiar with the scent of roses as he had found himself caught up in the wild variant in the past. However, he was not aware of what mint was, he had never encountered it in his day to day life in his village. As only recently he had started venturing out.

He listened to her once again. ”When you don't have eyes to display the soul, you're left with the poetic justice of words.” He smiled. He had never anticipated such an encounter to occur today, his veins thrumming like a seasoned drummer. Despite the slight nervousness, he enjoyed the encounter.

@Aliara Mizuki Blackrose

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

”That is indeed a strange predicament you have there, perhaps it was a laboratory of some form. Run by some mad fellow. I would trust your instincts though. If you don't think you previously had those features, I'd be willing to bet that they weren't there, to begin with.” He pondered her headache for a few seconds, and it the churning of his thoughts was visible upon his face.

”Perhaps you were assaulted. Your amnesia coupled with a headache would make sense if you had been knocked out. It happens sometimes when you hit your head a little bit too hard. You might end up eventually remembering though, no promises though.” 

”I do follow alongside Celestia’s words, do make yourself at home, and take a load off. It seems as if you have been through a lot in the most couple of hours.” He left his face resting in a matronly smile, one that conveyed a sense of compassion. He sympathized greatly with Keiko.

@BunnygirlKeiko

Upon hearing the word 'laboratory', Keiko's headache spiked in intensity, but with the pain came a flush of new memories -  though incomplete, she remembered some of the rooms she walked through to escape her captor - though they were all empty by then.  She never encountered anyone or anything after waking from that operating table.  Just... broken machinery and terrible sounds in the distance.  It was horrifying at the time, but she managed to make it through despite the pain coursing through her body at the time.  She eventually lost track of her environment, and she couldn't remember at what point she had tasted fresh air.

As the pain and the flashback subsided, Keiko's breathing calmed - she was almost to the point of hyperventilating during the flashback - and she looked up at Kaia's and Celestia's no-doubt worried faces. "S-sorry.  I think you might be right, though. I remember some of the building I walked through.  Not a lot, though, and most of it was already destroyed at that point.  I don't know what happened.

Hearing both of them ask her to take it easy and feel welcomed here warmed her heart, but a strange sound prevented her from thanking them.  She put her hand on her belly - she was just now starting to feel hungry, the sound came from her stomach.  She couldn't help but look in the direction that Claire had flown off to.  Deciding to be a little more patient, Keiko instead perused the menu gifted to her by Claire.  The number of meat-based dishes on offer made her worry, however. "I don't know if I can eat any of this," she mumbled, more to herself than to Kaia or Celestia.

Clair seemed to come back magically, as if called.  Actually, she'd been waiting in the wings, worried about interrupting what looked to be a riveting conversation between the small group.  When she saw Keiko look at her menu again, she rushed over.  

"You can get a sampler platter that we have, with all kinds of fruits, vegetables, and choice selections of meats."  She fluttered there for a moment.  Then added, "Of course the sampler platter is not as expensive as a full meal, because it is just small selections.  But I find that a sampler platter is about all I can withstand," she smiled and then her hand fluttered down to her tiny waist.  With her other hand she placed a full glass of water on the table for the female to drink.  "Would you like to order one of those?" @BunnygirlKeiko

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vaddock had been quietly listening too, though it was his job to fade into the background when he could and only appear when needed.  He had placed a mug of ale in front of the blind elf without telling the elf, not wanting to interrupt as well.  But with Clair interrupting while waiting on the young miss, Vaddock decided to add a little helpful advice of his own.  "Pardon my interruption, but I have your ale here, sir.  I couldn't help but over hear a little of your conversation, and I was wondering if either of you had ever visited Renevatio?  It is a nice place.  And if I'm not stepping over any lines here, I can say you'd find a lot of elven kind in those parts.  There are even royalty there, if you're curious of that sort of thing.  Athentha, or Seinaru Forven are nice places to visit.  If you're wanting to see your own kin, that is."  He wiped off the bar, leaning back again to allow them to discuss it amongst themselves.  @Sirloin @Aliara Mizuki Blackrose

Spoiler

"heh~ Well ye'r poetic wording,certainly is pleasant t'a hear...Kaia..-"¥Celestia paused,feeling his fingers brush against.Her own,causing an acceleration of the pulse,along with goosebumps rising onto both arms.Inhaling slightly,Celestia had never.Been flirtatious before,Nor had it ever reciprocated.This caused her to act more brazenly,Quickly enveloping his palm within her own.Fingers interlacing with his,Celestia leant forward.heart pounding,facade set alight with blush.voice tremoring with nervousness.Whispering into his right-ear.¥"w-well...to be....quite forward with y'e, I'm finding y'a quite handsome,but more so...ye'r wording...entraps me'h like a spell....Kaia.."¥Each word uttered,caused her irish lilt to grow thicker,more pronounced.while lips brushed across his ear and earlobe.before pulling back from him,just a few inches.while nervously raking one hand,through her curls.¥

Posted (edited)

“Ay, thank you lad. I appreciate it., does this land perhaps have troubles with any form of beasts?” He returned to Vaddock quickly. He hadn’t minded the slight interruption in the slightest. In fact, he saw it as a potential place to gain work slaying the beasts of the forest was more or less what he did for a living. “What’ll be the damage?” He said whilst retrieving a small leather pouch from inside his cloak, setting it down on the bar top procured a jangling noise. He took a sip of the ale that had been procured sending an electrical jolt down his spine producing goosebumps along him. It was definitely not bad, not bad at all.

@Mickey Flash

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Keiko’s prediction of Kaia had been one hundred percent correct, and she looked up to see him with a worried look on the case. “There’s nothing to be sorry about, you went through something traumatic, it’s perfectly normal to have experiences like that. I’m sure Celestia doesn’t mind, nor do I for that matter.” A small idea had struck him, as he didn’t want to see hear her in pain for long. “Ay bartender, get something a little strong for Keiko over there, I’ll cover it so it’ll be fine I presume.” At this point the fairy had returned and he came back to his brief period of silence.

@BunnygirlKeiko

“I’m glad you like it.” Kaia noticed the brief rush in Celestia as her breathing slightly accelerated leading her to interlocking her fingers with his own, the two now holding hands. Similarly, goosebumps had emerged along Kaias arms as something like electricity had seemed to run through them when Celestia initiated contact. He was glad that she had taken the initiative here, as he really had no frame of reference for these sort of interactions, a slight rush of endorphins left a buzzing feeling in his mind, and If it weren’t for the goosebumps that had been procured by his ale the contact of her whispering into his ear definitely would’ve produced a similar effect.

“Words are quite like spells, weaving an infinite net of emotion and entangling whomever within its grasps, and if I could see you, I'm sure I would find myself encapsulated in your beauty as well.” Being a hunter for as long as he had, meant he had the knowledge of how to combat his own nervousness, however this was unlike the killing of prey, this was something of an entirely different nature, causing his voice to become shaky, causing him to stumble over his own words several times.

@Aliara Mizuki Blackrose

Edited by Sirloin

Posted (edited)

"Ah, for fucks sake."

After a long-night's splurge on... unfavorable activities that required the most unholy of substances along with superficial company and booming music, the tan-skinned boy found himself waking up in a fairly sparse and unfamiliar forest. The light payed no mercy to his eyes, immediately blessing him with what can be felt as an unwelcome pounding to his cranium, followed by a struggled groan as he rose from the ground in a somber, zombie-like fashion. His only thoughts at this point was to find something to get under, away from the bastard sun, as well as getting away from any social situation that could conjure up ("as if", he believed, "there was anyone out here"). Aside from the filtering tree light, a wood based, small structure was more promising to his sore eyes. The addition of how abandoned and unwelcoming it looked added hope to the fact that nobody would be inside.

The feeling, alas, was only temporary, as when he opened the door he found himself staring into a very homey establishment with a sea of, things. It wouldn't be fair to address all of the living beings in this place as people, and things was just the best word he could find in his head to wrap around what was going on. Unfamiliar to the way everyone was dressed, along with the sickly sweet smells of strange foods and beverages, he could have passed out then and there.

His entrance, as well, wasn't so much of a spectacular show either, for the act of looking at the very least acceptable was not something he thought through when entering. Having a giant hiking backpack with all sorts of things tied in, on, and around on his back, he created a small discorded orchestra of glass and metal. So much for not drawing attention to himself to avoid social situations. Hopefully before anyone could see, he decided to put on his cat-like mask to cover his face, just as an extra precaution, before shuffling over to the side of the door, in case any other lunatic wants to make a worse entrance than him.

Edited by stuv

Posted (edited)

Her legs burned under her as she ran, the soldiers close behind. Her brown overalls were drenched in her own blood. She felt light headed, the large wound on her right arm was making things complicated. She smiled to herself of course out of all the people she could have pissed off it just haaad to be one of the most powerful sergeants in all of Astraria. Her straight shoulder length black hair was messy from dodging fireballs, lightning blasts, and the like, left and right.  When she had called out the woman for disturbing the peace in her favorite cafe she definitely didn't expect to suddenly have her turn around and send her goons after her.

Suddenly she felt a stinging pain as her vision went from a bright white to nothing but darkness, the ground beneath her feet disappearing as she heard the distant screams of panic from group.

Within a moment she found herself spit back out in another flash of light, hitting a hard, presumably stone, ground, right before the entrance of what she could only assume was some kind of bar. She could hear voices, and, for a brief moment, caught a glimpse of a person with a cat-like mask before passing out, she found the sight a little comforting. Her pointy black ears and tail drooping as her consciousness faded. Even with the extra boost from her partial form, all that running really took a lot out of her.

Edited by Hannapie

¥ Feeling the scorch of blush,maring her porcelain cheeks.Celestia allowed peels of laughter,to escape the vocals.Ringing outwards,Like silver bells in rain.¥"Well,Kaia I certainly would n'ah mind.being entangled by ye'r honey wording,Ti's...vera' charming...as for looks..well.."¥A smirk played across her lips of dark pink.While gingerly guiding his free hand,one that wasn't woven in her own.And lightly placing his large palm,against the right-side of her facade.Allowing him to feel,The high cheek bone,and slender jawline.Lightly brushing her lips against his open palm.Celestia murmured quietly.¥"Heh~I'm certainly no siren,N'ay this voice,doesn't coerce them certainly.but me'h eyes...are purple and turqouise in coloring....I have snow-kissed skin..and golden and white curls..."¥Her voice tremored,figuring he may not be able to see her.But celestia would be able to describe herself to him.Rather nervous about describing herself to him,for she didn't  find any beauty to herself.let alone such charming words from him,with every word celestia spoke.her face began to redden further and further.Pointed ears twitched rapidly.While her pulse increased to a heavy tempo.like drummer's or humming birds wings.¥"i-i have dark pink..almost red...cupid lips..."¥Pausing,she took a quick swig of fairy berry.to help calm her nerves.¥

@Hannapie

I mean, he did ask for a worse performance, but this isn't necessarily what he had in mind. First of all, he was taken aback to how busy the bar seemed to be, each creature having their own worries to concern themselves and orders to fulfill. However, he personally believed that it was not only the live music and flashy lights, but his short stature and dull academia clothes that helped him blend in with the background. Second, he wasn't so sure whether he should approach somebody else to ask for help, or if he should be the guy to pick up this complete stranger and drag her in the best he could.

With both his uncontainable impulsivity mixed with vague guilt and pity, he decided to squat down next to the passed-out lady. His nose wrinkled under his mask out of disgust, finding her overalls covered with what could only be blood. Looked like she was definitely in cahoots with something he did NOT wanted to be a part of, but he was feeling rather generous today and the thought slipped his mind when he peeked at her cat-like features. The boy found this somewhat comforting that this stranger may have some things in common with him. Whatever, that's not something that was of priority in this situation at the moment, he figured.

"Well, shit." he muttered under his breath before scooping the girl up and stumbling inside, unaccustomed to the newly added weight that somewhat balanced his towering backpack behind him. With new gusto, he marched in further into the tavern, searching for somebody who may be of help.

Kaia heard Celestia’s laughing and could only imagine her face, to what he assumed blushing would look like. Or at least an idea similar if it. He had seen in dreams before, so he had a vague idea of sight. Another trick of cruelty the gods had played upon his soul. Enjoying her presence he spoke once again. Nonetheless such a small thing made him smile rubbing her non free hand with his thumb once or twice before returning it to its original position held in her hand lightly.

“Well, I appreciate you allowing my words to entangle you.” Kaia continued to talk with the lilt of nervousness in his voice, his she could probably feel his pulse through the veins in Kaia’s hands, his heart was pounding at this point, he then proceeded to force himself to take a breath to draw himself back to reality, his pulse slowing. He felt her guide his other hand across her face, to which which he briefly and lightly caressed in his palm, lightly going along her jawline, leading to the back of her neck, and finishing with lightly passing several fingers through Celestia’s hair. This was a bit risky in his own mind but he figured that if she had moved his hand by her own accord she wouldn’t mind his actions.It was obvious that she was elven alright, no beast but a human male had a pronounced jawline like an elf, nor skin as soft . “You may not be a siren of voice, but as it seems to me you are a siren of touch.”
he whispered to her ear in a similar fashion as she had done not several words ago. Imitation was the sincerest form of flattery. 

Kaia’s ears were a keen thing, and the clanking of pots and various metal, drew his attention before deciding that it was nothing to worry himself with. But, the slamming of someone passing out was something that definitely caught his attention in a heartbeat. His ears twitching. “Did someone fall?” he said to no one in particular. It was more of a statement than a question. However, he had no real hopes of an answer.

@Aliara Mizuki Blackrose